Nightmare Priggle + Revamped GY Velosotor

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Nightmare Priggle + Revamped GY Velosotor

Post by Alicorn »

Wow, what a surprise in December. Not complaining though, they are both quiet nice.

I love Velosotors. I can't get enough of them (though I'm bias, raptors have always been my favorite dino). I plan to own one one of these days, I swear. This one is good. It's an improvement from the old one by miles. It looks unbalanced thanks to it's tail being gone and I like that. I also like the boney arm.

The priggles spines are so wicked looking, I love them. It's pretty sinister looking. I like how fluffy the cheeks look. I just want to pet them.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
carlos2000280

Post by carlos2000280 »

The velosotor looks a little bit like it is trying to do the splits. Other then that the gory parts were done well and the stump of a tail is great. The nightmare priggle is awesome. The spines were done well and the expression is also cool. So is the mist
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Silverevilchao wrote:The Velosotor seems to have been done by the same artist who did the GY Feli. It has the same problem as the other one - the lines seem slightly blurred. It's driving me insane! ...though the rest of the pet is still awesome.
Image Image

You nailed it. I still stand by my original comment back in October saying that the Feli does not look like a Subeta pet, and sadly the Velosotor doesn't look like one to me either. :( Is this a new artist? I kinda hope their style eventually matches the rest of the group more, or they figure out why their lines are somewhat blurred when resized. Perhaps they're working at an odd size or using a different program, I can't tell either way. All of the art is somewhat blurry, including the borders between different shading levels.

Although I suppose it is a (backwards) compliment that the rest of Subeta's art is so nicely coherent that these two pets can stand out as much as they do simply due to some wonky lines. The art team overall really is fantastic.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

*nods* There's definitely something off about those two pets, mostly in the linework.

The art isn't bad, but there's just something blurry or unfinished looking about them that irks me slightly compared to other pets.
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Tiki - it's not a new artist. It's Jag, who has been drawing pets for years and years. Although I believe those two were drawn in a slightly different way to her older pets because of art program issues. Or computer issues, or something. Or maybe she's just drawing differently, I'm not completely sure!
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Rah wrote:Tiki - it's not a new artist. It's Jag, who has been drawing pets for years and years. Although I believe those two were drawn in a slightly different way to her older pets because of art program issues. Or computer issues, or something. Or maybe she's just drawing differently, I'm not completely sure!
Ah, that makes sense. It does look like they were drawn in the same program/size/method, although that process is different compared to the rest of the pets. They're not bad at all on their own,it's just that we've been spoiled with such crisp, clean art now that they do unintentionally stand out.
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

i'm gonna say this right now- i liked the old GY Velosotor much better. :/
no apparent reason, it seems to have a more....
GYish pose. the new one looks like well, MANIC DINO MAN. :C its kinda creepy.
the old one had a blank stare..
the new has a IMMA KEEL YOU look.
sorry- I just really liked the old one better, and i was actually gonna get a graveyard potion for it.
thats kinda down the drain now. i liked it before it was gorey.

but OMG the new Priggle is liek, AMAZING. Its face looks a bit lionish, but i don't really care.
tho how awesome this is, I'm still not gonna own one though until I've made up my mind.
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!