Glacier Terracoon + Revamped Glacier Escalade

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Mistress Morbid

Glacier Terracoon + Revamped Glacier Escalade

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Old:Image New:Image

I think the Terracoon's pretty cute, I love his little stretch. ^^ I wouldn't own one, but I think it's a good addition to the Glacier pets. :)

The Escalade mostly had it's lineart redone and looks a lot more fluid now. The shading is beautiful, though for some reason I prefer the expression on the original I think.
Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Glacier Terracoon + Revamped Glacier Escalade

Post by zebru »

I'm probably a lone voice in this but I preferred the old Escalade - there something about this new one's face that doesn't quite agree with me and I liked old one's tail shape and colouring more. Both made it looked more cold and forlorn somehow which is why I made one.
I'll see whether the new one will grow on me - if not I'll replace the images with old art or repaint it something else.

Terracoon's very cute - nice clean lines.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Personally, I hated the old Glacier Escalade. I've never been afraid of telling Lindsey its my least favorite Escalade there is, and it was mostly because of the tails, which didn't match any other Escalade. I think this fixes everything about it that I disliked. The tails are fluffy and proper now, the lineart is so smooth and the new coloring is gorgeous <3 I love it!

I love the Terracoon too, actually, which is funny since it's a... Terracoon xD But Rah did a great job on it, I love the expression and pose!
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The Terracoon is kinda cute. Not my favorite though. The mane on it's head looks a little more wild than usual, like it's sticking up more. Kinda weird where it connects from the head to the back too. I'm also guessing it's right front paw has a toe curling in, or is it just missing a paw pad? O.o But I love the stretching pose. Aww, who am I kidding? I love Rah's Terracoons. xD

The Escalade received a good touch up. Definitely notice it in the tail. It looks less glassy and much fuller, fluffier fur. But I feel the face has lost some feeling as well. I dunno, feels kind of stoic. I guess now that I've examined it closer, the old one seemed to be staring off to a corner; now it's staring straight at the person. But the lines are more crisp and thinner and I like that. Not too shabby Hagane.
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 17 Dec 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The touchup on the escalade is nice. The shading looks so much better now. The terracoon is nice as well. I like the pose, and the expression, and the little floppy ear. :)
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I think my favourite little detail on the Terracoon is the toe curl on the left paw. xD It's such a small thing to put in, but it's adorable. :3
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The Terracoon reminds me of a pissed off cat who's annoyed that you just woke it up. XD Adorable.

Yay, the Escalade is so much fluffier now! <3
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Can I remind people to submit rating reset requests for revamped pets? I haven't had anything for this pet and it's better to submit requests than to rely on me to notice :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's probably because it wasn't released with a picture in the news... so I had forgotten it got revamped, personally, heh.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Fair enough :) I'm not surprised if things slip through the net occasionally, just wanted to remind people that I'm not the most reliable Subeta source alone!
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

THE TERRCACOON LOOKS AS IF ITS BORED AND WANTS TO BE ANOTHER COLOUR, LOL
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I like the revamped tail and the hind foot of the new glacier escalade. However, I like the dark lines and "eye shadow" on the old one much better. I agree with Zebru about the facial expression being better, the new one just looks...void. The excecution is fine, and the lineart is clean, I just don't like it better.

The terracoon is so cute. ^_^ It's probably now one of my favorite facial pet expressions next to the glade popoko and glade ghostly.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy