Glacier Manchu

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Mistress Morbid

Glacier Manchu

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hmm, I don't really like the species itself, but this one does look nice. I want to like it more than I do, but I think the tail positioning seems a little awkward. The back leg also seems a bit off. I like the colours though, and the ears look so fluffy I want to pet them.
Image Image
Xelio

Re: Glacier Manchu

Post by Xelio »

Something about the pose just seems a bit off to me. I'd think a glacier pet with its usual standoffish nature wouldn't have its tail between its legs, but rather just to one side or the other. The ears though, are indeed fluffy and look very pettable.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

It looks a lot fluffier than usual, which in my opinion, is good and cute. It kind of looks like it's blowing cold air onto it's leg, as if it were freezing itself somehow. Not too bad. ^^
However, I don't exactly like the tail's position. I would have preferred it to either wrap itself outside the rest of the body or tuck in between it's front legs, not the way it currently is. I don't know how to really explain it. Ah well. I'm not a fan of Manchus, but this is a nice fluffy addition. =3
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I didn't notice the blowing until you mentioned it, Pyro, and now all I can see is it freezing its own leg which is rather awesome. ^^

I agree that the tail would seem better if it was wrapped around the body, as if to keep it warm somehow.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Pyrostatic wrote:or tuck in between it's front legs
Yeah, but then we'd have to talk about its amazingly long, furry, striped penis.
Image Image
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I actually really like it, and am debating getting one if I get a good character in mind for one. I'm such a sucker for both Manchus and Glacier pets XD

I agree the tail looks awkward, but I really like the icy hip mark. Something about his expression though, I can't quite place what, doesn't look standoffish to me, but something else.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

AngharadTy wrote:
Pyrostatic wrote:or tuck in between it's front legs
Yeah, but then we'd have to talk about its amazingly long, furry, striped penis.
That's rather true. xD;
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

While my inner fourteen-year-old snickers to herself about penis tails, here are my thoughts:

Yaaaay more glacier pets! I can't wait for more. They're always so elegant, and I looove the colours used. This one fits the bill of distant and elegant. I agree that the tail placement is a bit odd, but there's only so much one can do when they want a unique pose for the Manchu. I like to think that the tail got blown there by a winter wind, and then frozen in place.

I want to hug it! It's wonderfully floofy and I love the pattern the breath makes on the haunches.
Not A Kitty

Post by Not A Kitty »

Now that I can see it freezing its own leg, the pose makes a bit more sense. Maybe the Glacier Manchu is just being purposefully awkward, hence the weird tail thing.
It does look quite fluffy, as if its fur is standing up against the cold...I like it.