New pet: Jollin

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: New pet: Jollin

Post by Wingsrising »

It's well drawn, but I don't like how big the ears are. Yes, I realize a fennec has very large ears.

I do like the spots, though.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Not sure if I should put it in its own topic or not, but the Glacier Jollin just got released.

TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

It's cute, I'll give it that. The colorfills are really nice (a sun pet that I actually like? no way!) I can't say I'm thrilled over the name, but whatever. There are some other things that bother me about it, though.

It does seem a bit too realistic compared to other pets (say the feli, ruffie, anyu or hippotu). The spots don't bother me at all, but the head does look like an odd triangle with large fuzzy ears growing out of it. And I really have to stare at it to realize the tail isn't part of the body and is actually a tail.

Even so, I can't wait to see this in redraws. It does have potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

Edit: *was typing as others posted* As for the glacier, I like it a good bit more than the regular colors. The head still has that odd triangle shape, but it's slightly less odd looking here. The attitude is good, and the colors are working really well on the pet. I doubt it's something I'll ever get, though.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

Aww, I like the glacier one~ I agree with what everyone's saying about its triangular head, but it definitely looks better on the Glacier. Luckily, I have no desire for it whatsoever. xD
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Aww...It's curled up in a little ball! I'm not so keen about the white space, but thankfully it's ears help take up some of it. I'm not sure if I'd own one just yet (don't have the space nor a pet to change it to), but it's really cute. Rah's certainly been on a roll lately! =D
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Meh. I find the spots and the weird, so very triangular head off-putting. The spots in particular are so pasted on looking; there's nothing natural or flowing looking about them. They seem to just be sitting on top of the fur, like some kid held the pet down and went to town with his set of magic markers.

Oh well, it's much like the priggle. A pet I'll never ever own, but hey, I was never going to own one of every pet anyway, so I suppose I don't mind its existence. xD
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I hate the spots D; I saw the Glacier one first, and was all 'omgsocute. WANT.', then I saw the default ones and I was disappointed D: It's alright, but yeah, it seems too realistic :| I like the glacier, though.

Also, happy birthday, Rah! 83
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I actually like it very much! True, a few colors make the spots a little garish, but i think they're spiffy. The angle of the ears bothers me a little, but ears are mobile and i think it's just from the effect of seeing ALL of them with the same ear angle. The other "shape issues" don't bother me so much, since although i see the obvious nod to large-eared foxes, it's its own species on Subeta.

I like how the glacier one is curled up in a ball, but I hope more animated poses come from colors like spectrum, etc.

I'll enjoy seeing these here and around Subeta, but i'm not tempted to have one myself.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm, not loving the Glacier -- sorry, Rah. I like the pose and the colors, but the interface between the head and the tail isn't working for me. It doesn't look like the head is sunk into tail fur, but more like the head itself is misshapen.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Glacier is gorgeous. I love it! The incongruity of huge ears on a cold-weather pet is amusingly adorable. The spots are so lovely. I'm definitely thinking of getting one. So, so pretty. I wonder how hard it'll be to find some kind of jollin elixir. Given that they don't exist yet.

edit: Wait, what? In the news, the flavor text says that they're natively arctic animals. Errrrr... no... ears that big are a huge source of heat loss. That's why they should be desert pets.
Image Image
Zekumi

Post by Zekumi »

I love it. :D

I'm not someone who's picky, though. I don't care if it's "just another cute, furry quad" or not. I think it's freakin' adorable. And I think the Glacier is gorgeeeeous.

So enthusiastic about this guy.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I love the design, but the spots are throwing me off. They look like... pus-filled boils on some of the colors. x_x

I look forward to the rest, though! The new glacier one is really pretty!
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Not A Kitty

Post by Not A Kitty »

The spots look much more natural on the glacier Jollin, which is nice. It looks a bit like a beanbag with ears, I'm not quite sure whether I think that's a good thing or not...
It also just looks tired as opposed to stand-offish like the other glacier pets.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

My first reaction to the Glacier one was, "Wow, it's wearing WAY too much eyeshadow."
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Awwww, it's a cutey little foxy~ *ahem* I hope that this doesn't get abandoned as I feel some other pets have been. I'd like to see what a Chibi and Angelic ones of this look like, I'm looking to replace two of my pets colors and maybe this would work...
derp