Glacier Bumbus

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Glacier Bumbus

Post by AngharadTy »

Awwwwwwww. I love it. The cold really comes through, and the ice on the wings is done so nicely.

I also love how it's hugging its ruff, which is fluffy in the best way here. And its antennae, with the teeny bit of ice! I'm so glad to see a repose for the bumbus. Especially one I like this much.
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Re: Glacier Bumbus

Post by Pyrostatic »

Eh, it's not really my thing. But at least it's getting some attention.
I like the mane, but that's about it. I didn't think Bumbi could sink their heads into their manes. I'm not so sure about the wing placements. They seem really uneven. Unless that's just how it's meant to be. Not much else I can say about this Bumbi. Something else about it is bothering me, but I can't really put my finger on it. It must just be me. Still, not bad for Pie's first redraw. ^^
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I love it, it's a fantastic pose. I'm not a huge Bumbus fan but I just adore everything about this one. The shading on the mane is fantastic, and the fact it's hugging it for warmth is adorable, fits the bee image as well

Wonderful job to Pie, especially for her first redraw! Kudos <3
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm surprised by how much I like this, since I didn't really care for the standard Bumbus, but this is really lovely! The pose is adorable, and its ruff looks so soft, I love how its face is all buried into it. Overall a wonderful redraw, and I look forward now to seeing the others!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like this bumbutt more than the standard ones. It looks rather pissed off at the cold.
Not A Kitty

Post by Not A Kitty »

It looks a bit like it's trying to suffocate itself...but I agree that it's really nice compared to the other Bumbuses.
I have to say I don't like the mane, though. It looks soft and fluffy, but it stands out to me...almost as if it's getting in the way of the rest of the pet. But I never really liked the mane much in the first place.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Aww, I really like it. :) It's cute and looks so miffed at the cold. I love how it's cuddling into itself for warmth.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I just really don't like Pie's style of shading I think. I don't find this particularly interesting and for me it's hard to see what is going on with all the white.
The wings do look really skewed, like one attaches to the shoulder and the other the butt. I really like the concept of the face and ruff, but not how it was executed sadly.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I really, really hate Bumbi, so very, very much. I can't convey how much I dislike the pet in its common and colorfill state -- but, damn. I really, really like this pet.

I agree with Ty that the mane is fluffy in all the best ways, and I too adore how it's hugging itself for warmth. All of the things I hate about the common pet are hidden with this posing, and I adore its tiny ickle icicles.

I don't regret making my glacier Popoko last week, and besides, I'd have to have a free pet space to make one of these anyway. Or at least I think so. If there are elixirs in the Blue Building, I haven't gotten high enough levels to see them.

Oh well, it's something to think about in future.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.