Glacier Harvester

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Pyrostatic

Glacier Harvester

Post by Pyrostatic »

At first I was like, "Okay, so it's got it's back to us. Boring." But then i looked at the scythe and was like, "Oh! There's his eyes!". The reflection off the scythe is a very cool and original idea. I agree with the statement of the fabric flowing. =)
Not much else I can say about this, cause Harvesters don't really do much for me, but this is a really good colour for them. ^^
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 13 Jan 2010 01:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Glacier Harvester

Post by AngharadTy »

That's very creative! And very interesting overall. I like the composition, the flowing fabric. Maybe a little weird on the sleeves, but harvester sleeves have been too stiff since the revamp, and I'm used to it. The patterning on the fabric is just lovely.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

This. Is. Awesome.

I'm not a huge fan of humanoid pets, and I know I'll never get one, but that is amazing. I love the scythe and the reflection and the flowy-ness. It's all so great, that I can't think of anything else to say about it. :D!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Duuuuuuude that is so freaking awesome. I'm loving the reflection, it's a really neat effect. Very creepy. It makes me think of wandering through the blizzardy area in Twilight Princess. Definitely one of my favorite Glacier pets.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS. The reflection - what a great and creative idea!

I was planning on getting a Bloodred Harvester someday, but I think Glacier would work more. Y'know, with the whole "death is cold" connection archetype thing.

EDIT:
Your pet has changed into a Glacier Harvester!
Done! Dakori is now a Glacier Harvester!
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

It's freakin' brilliant in so many ways, the reflection almost sends chills down my spine, it's like he's debating to take your soul or not, perfect combination.

I have an immense dislike for humanoid pets, but this one is doing a good job trying to sway me. I agree the sleeves look slightly stiff but other then that EVERYTHING is such love <3
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Wow, I'm stunned at how amazing this is. Like TCS, I'm not the type to get humanoid pets, but this is certainly beautiful and unique. I almost want one. ^^
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*wantses*

If I liked the staff itself just thismuch more, I'd have one of these already. As it is, I may change Methos into this anyway, and see if I can get an overlay to tweak that staff into something a bit more visually interesting. *eyes NyauNyau*

NK's still doing these, right? Crazy amazing amounts of creative went into this pet. <3
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I too thought it was rather boring until I noticed the scythe. Such a subtle detail but a really amazing one. This is definitely my favorite Harvester, and while not my favorite, one of the most creative pets on the site I think. Great job artist!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

This is an interesting pose. I like it, but it's throwing me off and I can't put my finger on it.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Not A Kitty

Post by Not A Kitty »

It's really nice, I like the pose and the swirly patterns. It doesn't look particularly...fierce. I know that isn't quite the right word, but I would expect it to look...meaner, rather than just 'oh...I can see you'. But the more I think about it, the more it sort of works...now I don't really know.
It also sort of looks hunched over...
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

This is brilliant.
carlos2000280

Post by carlos2000280 »

It looks freakin awesome. The reflection looks very mysterious and really fits the harvester. The subtle patterns on the cloak look nice and the sythe is done very nicely. Overall no complaints.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Aisu wrote:This is brilliant.
Seconded. The reflection idea was excellent, and gorgeously executed. I imagine walking or trying to sneak up on the harvester and suddenly noticing that it was watching you the whole time. :shock: Brrr.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay for a harvester redraw! I've been excited to see a redraw since the revamp and the wait was worth it. This is, wow. It's so very creative. I love the reflection in the scythe blade. The ruffles of the cape, the swirly designs and the scythe are all gorgeous. This makes me excited to see what other harvester redraws will look like. It's also another pet I wish fit one of my characters but don't. **sighs**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel