Chibi Anyu

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Cast

Chibi Anyu

Post by Cast »

Not much to say. It's a anyu, it's chibi, the lineart is thick, pose is neat, shading a different style, and its new.
Not A Kitty

Re: Chibi Anyu

Post by Not A Kitty »

Eeek. I got really confused when I first looked at it, it seems to be all over the place. The hind leg on the left (that is, the one on top) seems a bit off to me, as if its too long? On second glance, though, it is really cute and playful looking. And fluffy. Yay.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I'm pretty much the same. While I have come to admire Anyus from a distance, I'm not so sure about this little guy. I'm not exactly fond of upside down poses, and this one just doesn't change my mind about it. I like that we can see the tail, the paws pads, and all that fluffy fur. But I'm not exactly fond of the thick lines used for the outline of the body. And something about the body shape just doesn't make sense. It's like it's all legs and no belly. I dunno, Chibi is just a colour that doesn't work for me.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

For god knows what reason I couldn't figure out what colour it was when I read the news

It's cute, but I honestly don't see sans the wings whats so chibi about it? I do love the pawpads though
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

O_O *stares, explodes from cute overload* This is, quite honestly, the first chibi I have ever really wanted to own. *squeeee* To me it looks adorably like a real bear cub, and the soft cream colors and little pink pawpads are just so sweet. That's it, I'm getting one of these. Like nao. Excellent job on this critter, Rah! (It is Rah who draws Anyus, right?)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yup Sparrow, Rah does the Anyus.
Not quite sure how I feel about this guy. The anatomy seems a little iffy, but I think it would be really hard to capture a pet in a pose like this. It's a little hard for me to see what is what. I do love the paw pads, very cute.
Surprisingly, I'm not a fan of the shading on this. Usually I adore Rah's style and her Anyus always look so fluffy, but something about this makes him look rather sloppy. Or maybe like he just got done with a bath or something.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The anatomy looks just fine to me... it looks very much like this picture or this one. I love anyus in general, and this little guy is no exception! I'm always more of a fan of the baby-looking chibi pets than the huge-headed true chibi ones.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I love the poses that Rah uses. She brings so much life and character to her pets, and this is no exception! I love it :)
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I have to admit, when I first saw this pet in the news I said out loud "Awwwwwww!". I love the pose, it's so very bear cub like. And I just want to tickle it's feet and play with it's toes. I'm usually not big on chibi pets but Rah's last few chibies have made me melt.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Secretary

Post by Secretary »

The lack of any sort of skeletal structure coupled with the dull, lifeless "8D" expression and the "badly-sewn" paws is strongly reminiscent of an amateur fursuit that nobody is actually wearing.

...Which is creepy as hell, because my mind can't look past the idea that "somebody probably wants to yiff in that".
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I love that the little guy is chibi without being super deformed. That pose seems to just be a rough one to make look just right. I've seen pictures of animals before that I know if someone copied it exactly, drew right over top of it, it'd still look a little awkward. Maybe if the (our) bottom right paw was turned and moved slightly it'd make a bit more sense, but I'm not going to complain. While I'm not an anyu fan, this one really is cute and captures a playfulness few chibi pets do without bordering grotesque.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I am late to the party, shame on me.

Personally, I think this little guy is absolutely adorable. I had no trouble seeing where all its limbs were and knew it was chibi the second I saw it. I do think the shading seems a bit sporadic, but I DEFINITELY don't think the lineart looks thick - it's a really nice weight, and this is a simply adorable pet!
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Awww! *melts*
It does take a second to figure out what's what but the pose and face are absolutely adorable!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jen
Human Avatar: 270420

Post by Jen »

Sarivonne wrote:I love the poses that Rah uses. She brings so much life and character to her pets, and this is no exception! I love it :)
This XD Lovelovelove.

I think the lineart looks rather perfect too, myself. I don't know about the shading. White looks like it would be a horrible colour to shade, not that I'd know lol.