Steamwork Pets

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Steamwork Pets

Post by Seerow »

ImageImageImageImage

I'm not one of those "WHOO STEAMPUNK AWESOME!" people, but these are pretty neat pets so far. I love love love the pose on the Kumos, Arbor did such a nice job on it. I like the back feet of the Hikei and the little wire mane, so cute. The wire tail and ears on the Manchi are well done, and it's cute that he's looking through a lense thingy. Mallarchy is well done art wise, but I dislike ducks so it takes a lot for me to really like them. I do like the almost blood stained looking wing tips though, killer duck! I know it's supposed to be rust, but it's much cooler as blood :P

The little keys on them are neat and it could be fun playing "where's the key!" when new pets come out.

Overall I'm rather pleased with the new color. I can't really see myself getting one, but I'm happy they exist and I know a lot of people have been hoping for Steampunk.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Steamwork Kumos, Hikei, Mallarchy, Manchu

Post by AngharadTy »

The kumos is gorgeous. I love the blue eye and the detail on the legs, and how active the pose is. The gear parts fit in so well.

The hikei is also great; the wiring mane is fantastic. And the toes on the hind feet are so cute.

I'm less fond of the mallarchy and manchu, but I think that's because I am less fond of those pets (except for Baron Omad, who I will steal). I do like the big thick tail on the manchu and the beak on the mallarchy.
Image Image
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Two more have just been released,

Image Image
Sheeta and Kerubi.

I really like this colour, I has hoping for a new pet colour at the end of this plot so I'm glad we got one, and it doesn't disappoint :D The Kumos is great, I love the pose and the blue eye. The Hikei is nice too, I really like its tails. I love the chimneys on the Mallarchys head, they look awesome, and the rusty wings. The Manchu is my favourite of the four I think, I love the tail, and it's little monocle ^^

I'm really liking the Sheeta, especially the horns, and I think the face in general looks really good. I'm generally not a Kerubi fan, but this one is quite cute, I like all the detail on the face.
Last edited by hebdenhippy on 20 Apr 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Re: Steamwork Pets

Post by AngharadTy »

Loooooooove the sheeta! That's pretty damn awesome. The horns are so cleverly done, and I love that the pipe for them is used on the forelimbs, too. And the twisting tubing is amazing. Want. Want this and the kumos.

The kerubi's tail is clever! Its eyes are scaring me, though. Stop looooking at me. Haha.

Odd. Can't buy a hikei schematic at the moment. Are they going to be randomly rotating or is that just an oversight?
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The Kumos will grow on me, but I'm not willing to change Elfric into one. It's very dynamic and active in it's running pose, and I really love that blue eye...Like I said, it'll grow on me and then i might be willing to change El. x3

The Hikei, Mallarchy and Manchu don't do much for me, although the Hikei is the first redraw of the species that I can actually stand!

I also love that Sheeta. Something about it is just cute, especially that face. The Kerubi is very nicely detailed. Seriously, it is awesome; another Kerubi I absolutely love.

Great job to all the artists for putting so much effort into this colour and making it happen! Looking forward to the Jollin, Celi and Telly!

Although I kind of still haven't figured out what to do to get the colour, lol. ^^;
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Oh man, awesome. :D Can't want to see more pets released in this colour. <3 robots.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I really love these new colors, although it's leaving me in a bit of a dilemma for my own pets. XD Zip could easily fit in as he's already a bionic Illumis, but the chances of a steamwork illumis coming out that I actually like are slim. On the other hand, my brand new pet Raider was going to be a pirate, and I could have a ton of fun making him a steamwork pirate that runs on seawater. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I think you can't turn existing pets into steamwork pets, unless I'm misunderstanding. But it doesn't work like galactic pets. Or aeanoids. You bring the supplies and Isaac builds you a pet.
Image Image
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

Wait, seriously? Lame as hell, I hope that isn't true. =/ Because a TON of people will be left out if their slots are full or there are no free names they're willing to use.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, there is a chance I'm wrong (I agree, it is lame). People on the news posts are assuming they're going to get to recolor their own pets and no one's correcting them.
Image Image
Teera

Post by Teera »

No, you can turn existing pets. There will be a difference between making one from scratch versus turning one (the gender, specifically.) But yes, you can. You can also use the Miracle Potion to get this color. It's not obtainable from the zapper, however.

Edit: Also, here's the full versions!

Mallarchy
Manchu <3
Kerubi
Kumos
Sheeta
Last edited by Teera on 21 Apr 2010 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

Whew, I was worried there for a moment. XD Now to patiently wait so I can pick a species and hopefully the keys will drop in price slightly over the next month.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, okay. I must have misread someone talking about that gender issue. Hehe.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

They all look so yummy! The details are so nice on them. I just love how some of the body parts were tranformed into machine parts, so nice. I just have to say awesome job artists! You did a smashing job and I can't wait to see more.

My favorites would have to be the sheeta and kumos.
The sheeta is just plain kick ass. The horns are my favorite part. I can just see it getting mad and puffs of black smoke coming out of them. And I really like how the back leg looks. Don't know why, I just do.
The kumos is just lovely. The pose is nicely done, the detail, the blue eye...I love it all!

And while I'm not totally in love with the others I do love bits from them. The hikei's tail, the mallarchy's wings, the manchu's eye peice and the kerubi's tail. And like Seerow, I love trying to find where the key is placed on each one. A nice little tidbit for the colour. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Friggin awesome pet art @_@ the details are spectacular. Mechanical stuff is so hard to draw (I find) so these are breathtaking images. Wowowow. I love how all of them have these subtle little filaments of steam floating out of lil tubes.

I SHOULD JOIN SUBETA FOR THIS
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo