Glade Feli and Torrey

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Glade Feli and Torrey

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage

Yay Glade! Hands down my favorite color on the site.

For a Feli, this isn't bad. I don't like the head shape but that's nothing new for me. The pose is cute and it's nice to see such an utterly cat like pose.
I love the new Torreys and have anxiously been waiting for this to come out, but sadly I think I'm a littler underwhelmed. I don't know what it is, but every time I look at it it takes me a minute to figure out the pose. The paw pads sticking out are adorable though, and the expression.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: Glade Feli and Torrey

Post by hebdenhippy »

It's nice to see some Glade pets again! I completely adore the Feli. I love the cat-like pose, it's works really well and reminds me of my kitties :D The Torrey is nice too, it kind of looks like it's waving, which is very cute ^^ And I like the leaf wings.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I feel sorry for these two since Steamwork pets are out now; not getting much attention they deserve. =p

I like the Feli. I wonder if maybe it had one or both eyes slightly open, would it be looking too vain for a Feli, or what? I dunno, I still like it. It's muzzle seems a little elongated, but otherwise pretty cute.

The Torrey, I'm not fond of. I feel it's too cramped in the canvas and it's legs are everywhere. At least, it seems that way. I had to sit for a minute to try and figure out that it's one leg is crossed over on the other and it's left paw or arm is just hanging in a funny position, like it's dead or something. Maybe if it was used as a support and was being leaned on, it would look more natural. Also, I'm not sure about the butterfly and big hibiscus flower thing are too distracting. I know that they're there because the colour calls for it, but maybe they're a little too big. I dunno, not my favorite species to begin with. =/
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay glade! I have been waiting for you. **hugs pitcher**

The feli is quiet cute. I love the kitty pose it has going on. It's just so relaxed looking. The head shape does look a bit odd though but I think that's from the way it's positioned. And it tongue looks a bit off, feels a bit small to me. **pokes it**

I find the torrey very cute myself! It did take me a second to figure out the pose but now I have I quiet like it. My favorite parts are the paw pads (I just want to play with them!) and the leaf wings.

In all, a nice start up for the glade, errrr, spring season!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

On the Torrey--
Seerow wrote:I don't know what it is, but every time I look at it it takes me a minute to figure out the pose.
I agree. I think it's partly because it's all the same green, so it's a little undifferentiated. And also it's fluffy, which means you can't see the body musculature as well. I like the flowers on its head, and its wings, even though I don't usually like torrey wings. However, I think this is the first time I haven't like the shelf fungi. Maybe just because it's on something that should be fluffy and movable.

It's nice to see the feli grooming itself. That's very cute. The bright green on its belly is distracting to me, though; however, I can't see any other way that should have been colored.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I thought the tail of the torrey was actually its torso and was very confused. I still don't know what's going on with its left arm. Is the part with the pink and blue flowers supposed to be a wrist? The left looks like the normal Seuss hand, while the right looks like a cat's paw.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I've been waiting for the Feli ever since Glade came out, and I'm.. a little underwhelmed by it. It's nice, don't get me wrong, just not my type of pet :B It's tongue irks me. It just.. looks weird.

The Torrey is adorable. I just wish it didn't look so awkward :/.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I love the Feli, it's just fantastic in every way possible to me. It's head looks kind of stretched to me but otherwise I love it.

The Torrey on the other hand :\ I still can't figure out the pose and the head just looks huge. It has potential but I feel there could be a lot more work done, it just looks cramped and kind of like it lost all it's bones XD;
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Geez, I just totally missed these being in the news with all the news posts lately... and all i can say is OMG GLADE YAY XD I can't wait to see more Glade Pets, eee!

I love the Feli ;__; It looks like such a natural cat pose, hee, and so very quaint. I almost want to turn Andi into one, he's supposed to be very cat-like xD Hm hm hm.

I think the Torrey looks really fluffy and pretty, but I do agree with it looking a bit cramped in the space and it is a little hard to see where it's going. But either way.. GLADE.
Haken

Post by Haken »

I always thought Glades were amazing. They always have so much pretty details and such playful poses X3
These ones are just amazing. I love the cat like personality they gave the glade feli. The Torrey is also wonderful but I do agree, it took me a while to figure out the pose but once I got it, it just made me love it even more :D
Kim-chan

Post by Kim-chan »

That Feli is in strong contention for my 'Maybe a Feli, maybe a Kerubi' pet spot. I really love the feline pose and the wing is really working for me. On the other hand, I've got two spots left, am pretty sure I want a Bumbus of some kind and am keeping an eye on the Steamworks pets, so. Hmm.

Although my very first reaction was "Eee!" to the Torry, I was also a little visually confused. So I did a small edit in an attempt to sort it out. I may have misread the arm entirely, mind you. I don't know if this is rude or presumptuous, but I spent like 15 entire seconds on this, so I thought I might as well share it in a place where people regularly discuss pet colors (even though I'm a lurker).
^.^