Kerubi Revamp - Now Complete

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Re: Kerubi Possible Revamp

Post by Jessica_G »

I like how the shading and stuff is done, but I prefer how the other kerubi has got it's head up,...
I think the stripes should be done,... different, it looks like it's painted on it,... it looks odd:P
I'm looking forward when they put the updated one on the site=3
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

An excellent revamp, Rah! Keeps the same pose and cute look, fabulous. My only nitpick is the ears - they look a bit like a hound dog's ears, like a floppy beagle's. Perhaps a bit perkier? But I'd adopt this right now! :D
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

Great revamp! >w< Kerubis are my favorite pets (I have three!), so I'm glad to see them get such a great update! The new one has the spirit of the old one with more detail and less issues! xD Two thumbs up for the artist!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Final version is up!

Image Image Image

Final version, suggested revamp, original.

The final version is awesome. Direction of the face spots is fixed, chest ruff looks better, you can see more of a neck, just the back toes are blue rather than the whole foot, leg stripes are smaller... it's really cute and I like it a lot!
Last edited by Cranberry on 20 Jul 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

wow, awesome!:D
you see also some fur or something on the leg stripes, really nice!^^
didn't know that some persons bothered the head,...
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ah, perfect! Rah, thanks for listening and taking our critiques. Kerubis look solid and better now. =3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Cranberry wrote:just the back toes are blue rather than the whole foot
Huh... why? It's the whole foot on the original. I hope it's not "because the front foot only has the toes colored." Animals don't have symmetry that way. Look at horses with white sock markings!
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Kerubi Revamp - Now Complete

Post by Jessi »

I wonder if it was just something a lot of people suggested? XD I honestly didn't even notice til Cran pointed it out!

That being said, I absolutely adore this, haha. whatever gripes I had with the face, Rah magically fixed without me even being able to explain it properly to her, and I just think it's lovely <3

ETA - I think I discovered why just the toes are blue. In practically every Kerubi redraw only the toes were accented! Strange that they never matched the common posed one before, but that's my guess!
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Mayhem wrote:I like it, this is what a good revamp looks like. It keeps the spirit of the pet, while improving on little things - lineart, color, anatomy... without changing the pet as a whole or making any major changes. More revamps need to be like this.
I hate quoting people and not adding much to my reply, but.. honestly, I can't say anything else. I //love// this revamp, I wish more revamps had gone like this.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Xelio

Re: Kerubi Revamp - Now Complete

Post by Xelio »

Love the new head-wings but honestly, I much prefer the shape of the old eyes. These new eyes feel a little too Disney-ish for me. Otherwise though, I quite like the changes. The stripes being thicker on the ears/tail isn't something I care too much for, but is easy to overlook for the sake of the improvements elsewhere. I agree with Mayhem. More revamps should go like this. Way to keep to the spirit of the original and improve it. Didn't know at first this was Rah, but knowing that it was Rah's work, I'm not surprised I like it.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets