Steamwork Warador

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
kaitouX

Steamwork Warador

Post by kaitouX »

I'm not a big fan of Steamwork Pets, and this one is not going to change my opinion; I'd even say it's my least favourite one in the bunch. It looks wonky all over; it's head is the biggest problem, being much too big for its body. I can understand it with regular Waradors, since they're supposed to be plushies and all, but this one doesn't have the excuse...It's unpleasant to look at.

However, I do like its wand - the little stove on top is an adorable touch. c:
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Re: Steamwork Warador

Post by Sunwolf »

It looks like the artist was trying to do a "9" thing, what with the red eye. But it's just dull and uninteresting, and the hat is terribly ugly. The cloak makes it look fuzzy.

Basically, it still looks like a lifeless doll, rather than a clockwork creature that could get up and move around.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I have to ditto on the big head, small body thing. Well, mostly the arms and legs look too skinny to even support it, no wonder it's not standing.
I dunno, another weak entry to the Steamwork family. Shame, cause I want to like the colour, but I've only been impressed with a few.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Is that thing on its hat the key? Or can I not find it?
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Marah - It is indeed the key. It's just weird-looking because of the angle.
MissBatty

Post by MissBatty »

I actually really like this, as I love Waradors. Its almost lifeless pose, and that look in its eye that seems to be begging you to activate him is just brilliant. And plus the little wrinkles in his hat may suggest that the poor thing may not have been built very well. How? I dunno. Vibes. Very odd.

I think the head looks too big because of the hat. That's just me.

Might I ask who the artist is for the Warador's? seems to have slipped my mind. X'D
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I like this. Which surprised me since I don't really like waradors. There are just all these little details I can't help but like. The eye, the mouth, the way the hat is done, the scars and the staff (most of all, such a cool idea!). Not a steamwork pet I ever see me owning but one I'll enjoy looking at.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I don't like it. It looks like it can't decide whether it's a robot or a plushie, and as a result, looks very...off. It doesn't look stiff or robotic enough to be entirely mechanical, particularly in the hat, the left arm, the cape, and the body proper - it looks like it's either been in Las Vegas too long and has been warping from the heat, or is just floppy for some reason, which is ironic, given that the normal Warador looks stiffer than this.

I know that the Warador is supposed to be some possessed plushie, but if you're going to make it in a robotic redraw color, I say go all of the way. Make its "missing" eye some sort of freaking laser or something, make the tendril-things on the jester hat segmented and look like they can actually move when the pet does, and make it look like it can actually walk with its limbs, somehow - make its feet look reinforced and large, like it's a Real Robot or something. And its limbs thicker, while you're at it. *shrug* I dunno, I love mechanical things, but I'm not seeing the idea here.
Last edited by Silverevilchao on 09 Jul 2010 08:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

He doesn't look overly robotic to me, but I don't mind that so much. It looks more like someone tried to combine his plushie body with robotic parts and this is the result, which I think is a nice variation on the steampunk theme. The staff is rather great, I love the mini stove.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.