Steamwork Aeanoid

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Steamwork Aeanoid

Post by Jessica_G »

looks cool to me, but I think the pose is kind of odd?
the smoke looks off from the shading of the body etc, but it does look really cool!:D
like how the tentacles are replaced with the smoke and those .,.. thingsXD
Bacon

Re: Steamwork Aeanoid

Post by Bacon »

Gosh, I love the concept of what was trying to be done, but that pose... too bad.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I can't say I agree on the pose being bad! I love the design of that neck being shown off. I love this so much, I think it's such a clever idea for any steamwork pet to function as a kind of hovercraft, and to make the steam be the roots? Omglove. Definitely my favourite aeanoid.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I do have to say that I love the wire that works as a spinal cord!
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Bacon wrote:I do have to say that I love the wire that works as a spinal cord!
It is quite awesome, as is the smoke-tentacles! It appears a bit small and I wish I could see the whole face, but damn that's a nice Steamwork pet :D
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I don't mind the pose. I actually like the profile and I love neck anatomy, so the spine wins me over. And the smoke tentacles are just brilliant. I don't really know what else to say, as I'm not an Aeanoid fan, but it's still nice. Who is the current Aeanoid artist? I wanna take a guess...Hagane/Lindsey?
Rah

Post by Rah »

squidiot is the new artist :)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I love the neck and head, but the smoke looks too solid for me. Not whispy, but like something that you could grab and throw at people.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Thanks Rah! I lose track of artists. xD;
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Granted, I really don't like this color -- at all -- but I especially really don't like this one. The super-long, square body, instead of the usual longlong curvy neck, makes it look - well, not much like an Aeanoid.

I like the idea of the neck, but the rest of the pet really doesn't work for me. The other colors, redraws and colorfills alike, all have a pet with a super-long neck sitting on top of its tentacles, and nothing much at all that can be defined as a 'body' area. What can be seen as a body area is small, curvy, and, depending on the angle, can usually be seen as just more neck. With this pet, there is much less neck than body, and the usual head-to-roots grace and flexibility the pet has is lost. The down-pointing hands don't help, as they make it look longer, and boxier still.

I agree with Marah that the smoke looks solid, totally like something you could use as a weapon. It was a cute idea to make the smoke look like its normal tentacles, but I'm not really loving the execution.

And, I just cannot get past that long, omglong body it's rocking.

I miss Nestley's Aeanoids.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh this is rather nice. I love the spine cord so much and hope that that feature shows up in some other Steamwork pets. I also like the steam tentacle idea, though I think I may have liked it a bit more if there had been a short amount of hoses or something before the steam so it would look a bit more streamlined.

I can see someone taking this pet and making it into like an old amusement haunted house animatronic puppet. Toss a sheet over it, he's a ghost. Little paint and he's a zombie, he has the hand pose down pat.
Actually, now I want to make this pet. I need my loyalty box!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

The smoke might look a little too tangible, but I love the concept of it and the spinal cord neck is fantastic!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I like it. I like the concept. Instead of making the tentacles into hoses or something, making them into steam powered jets, very cool. The neck is cool and I love the jaws. I agree about the smoke. It should look more like steam cause I just feel it's more steam powered myself. Though I admit I kinda find the smoke pretty, I think it's the shading.
Hehe and I'm liking your pet character idea Seerow. I can so see that being done with this guy. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Haken

Post by Haken »

The concept is nice. I really like the work on the neck and such. Though the pose is really bugging me. As Kamil said, the body looks long and rather boxed. The smoke does look nice but yes rather solid, at least compared to the smoke of other steamwork pets. The thing that seems to bug me the most however is how there is a good amount of white. I would have thought it better to at least spread apart the hands instead of having them together near the body.

Not my favourite steamwork but it is quite nice.