Blacklight

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Blacklight

Post by Jessica_G »

ImageImage Image
ok, how cool 0_o
I really love this colour=3
those dark spectrum pets!!! :o :o
so stunning =3 =3 =3
great job guys!:D

will this colour be availble for the zapper? (don't' think so,... :()
Summergale

Re: Blacklight

Post by Summergale »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

All of the pets available in blacklight.

I like them, they're very snazzy!
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

How unoriginal.
That's all I'm saying.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I actually think a lot of them look really neat in black, haha xD Like the Montre - I've never particularly liked it one way or the other but I think it looks really fun with a black base!

A lot of people in the suggestions forum have been asking for this, so I'm sure it'll please the masses at least.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Yeah, but it's such a simple edit that you might as well just make an overlay. To put this in the CS where you pay REAL money for a simple mere edit is ridiculous. What idiot would pay millions for this colour, or even real money for that matter? I feel sorry for all the people who had to pay for overlays similar to just this. This totally defeats the purpose.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

It does scream "desperation" to me- between the Cash Shop sale, advertisements on the News page, and now this.. when observed next to Keith's comment that Subeta is in a rough spot financially, it does make me nervous for the distant future. I dunno, I'm probably just being pessimistic.

THAT said, this will surely bring in revenue. Sure, tons of people have paid for overlays just like this in the past, but I know lots of people are picky and would rather their pet color be "official" rather than simply using an overlay.

The terracoon in particular looks snazzy with a black base. Do want.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Makes no sense. A one to two hundred thousand sP edit vs. 1 mil for an "official" colour?
Hell, there's even a tutorial on the forums about how to make an overlay. People are just too damn lazy now.
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 03 Sep 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Yeah, I'm curious if that would make -anyone- here who wants one of these pets an 'idiot'. I'd be willing to pay money for this if it was in a pet I really like. I'm sure for new pets released, the Spectrum and Blacklight versions will be released side by side... and if it's a choice between buying a Spectrum Potion or a Blacklight Potion, and I really want the pet... I'll just buy whichever version of the pet I like. Works for me.

Not to mention that 90% of the white-pet-made-black overlays you see are awful, since someone just selects the white area and negatives it in Photoshop e_e
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

??? It makes perfect sense. Have you not seen the dozens of arguments on this site alone where people are unwilling to simply use Firefox add-ons or overlays because they want the art to be official? This is the same concept.

Like I said, it's silly- it's overpriced, and many people could provide the same overlay to anyone here for free in 5 minutes. But if it brings Subeta more money and appeases the 13-15 year old OMG RAVE EMO SCENE YEAH group, then have at it! Hell, I might even potion Tropic into a blacklight version. The terracoon is seriously appealing to me in this form.

I will have to buy the potion eventually for my gallery- but I'm waiting for the black Friday sale. 563 is a little steep.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Let me put it this way:
If this "new" colour was in a different pose, then I'd reconsider, but that's not the case, now is it?

This is beyond lazy.
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 03 Sep 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Pyrostatic wrote:Makes no sense. A one to two hundred thousand sP edit vs. 1 mil for an "official" colour?
Hell, there's even a tutorial on the forums about how to make an overlay. People are just too damn lazy now.
How is it lazy? I'd buy a Blacklight Potion rather than an overlay if I wanted one of these pets because it'd bug the crap out of me otherwise. Don't think I'd spend real money, but pretend? Sure.

Anyway, I'm loving the spines on the Priggle. So vibrant. I also really like the Bovyne and the Chai.

Spectrum is my favourite colour on the site, so it's nice to see them having a bit of a play with it. :)
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Pyrostatic --

People have been asking us for this color forever, seriously. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean someone else doesn't. :)
<3
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

Scratch what I previously said; overlays are no longer an option:

In before OMG THE MAN IS OUT TO GET ME, etc. Although I do somewhat feel bad for people who have paid for legitimate "blacklight" overlays in the past.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I totally agree with Tiki. Between the name clearing, the CS clothing lines, the sale and this new color, as well as the ads on the news page, I'm starting to worry.

I find the color to be hit or miss. I really, really like the Bumbus and Archan, and don't like the Feli at all. If I had pets that could fit, I'd get this color. But, I don't.

Now, we need more muted colorfills. Darker green, darker blue come to mind. Some Dusks(Montre, namely) are into that, but not all.

/end hijacking.
If this "new" colour was in a different pose, then I'd reconsider, but that's not the case, now is it?
Agree and disagree.

I wouldn't mind the thing not being a repose, if it was ANYTHING, but a CS item. If it was restockable, or a combo from Asmodeus, or a BHH item, or anything, it wouldn't bother me.

But, I don't know. I would pay SP for a colorfill, but I'm not sure I'd pay CSC. I wouldn't pay CSC for Nuclear either, and it's a gorgeous color.
Last edited by Iggy on 03 Sep 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I would love to see some more colorfills, honestly. Colors that matched some of the old sheeta colors, like the old field and the old sun would make me glee.

But that is off-topic, yes xD