Blacklight

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Re: Blacklight

Post by Tiki »

Is it just me, or are the spectrum markings more saturated in these latest two? I know people were complaining that the original spectrum colors were too pale with a black background, so if the artists are now editing them slightly to look better, well... kudos once again to taking feedback and implementing it!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It might be Rah's style of doing blacklight. The kora is hers, and it has really bright markings. Which I love.
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

...and, yet again, the Illumis is left out. Bah.

I'm torn on the entire concept of this. Recolors of redraws is just so...alien to me. And I'm not too fond of the idea of what are essentially recolors being sold for real-life monies in the Cash Shop...
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'm sure they'll do the illumis, they should have the PSD (though it'll require some tweaking of the shading.. I just tried a quick blacklight edit and it didn't quite work with just the white darkened :x).
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

"Lazy" or not, i actually like this. I might have to get one just in case, as i don't see a species combination yet that i like enough to get immediately. My favorite album art, which i tend to buy merchandise if i find any with the design, is designed with the rainbow on black scheme.

EDIT: Pet adopted, potion bought, waiting for a combo i like.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I wonder how long it'll take to get all of them done, since they're just recolors. I have a feeling we'll be sitting on a few for a long time especially if they don't have artists
derp
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Added four more:

ImageImage
ImageImage

I actually like the Paralix. Looks cool.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Kari, not necessarily. I think it depends on what original Spectrum psd files they have - the Celinox and Paralix don't have artists, for example, but they got done because I think the artists have access to the psds, like Aqua said.
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

I'm seriously becoming a big fan of this color. I know it has caused a LOT of drama on the site itself (and yet barely anything here, Neocolours, I am disappoint ;)) but the idea is new and different from other pet sites. We now have recolors of basic poses, redraws, and a recolor of a redraw. As long as the recolor-redraws are priced at LEAST as much as the original redraw itself, I see nothing wrong with repeating this for other colors as well. It adds yet another layer of personalization to pets and the possibilities really are endless.

Do they ALL have to be Cash Shop potions? Not at all. It would be awesome to have some available for CSC, some available as combos from the genetech lab, and maybe a few as plain old token shop items. But as we have all seen, the artists have cranked out the majority of Blacklight pets in only a few days. It would be awesome to see this for a few more colors- an autumn version of Glade, like was previously suggested. Or how about a yellow-based Nuclear? A black/purple Reborn?

It could potentially screw over owners who already have overlays, but like it has been said over and over: you only need to remove yours if it looks perfectly like the real thing. And let's be honest, a LOT of overlays on Subeta kinda suck. There are stray pixels and color mistakes and whatnot, only a few can TRULY be confused for the real potions.

I dunno, maybe I'm easily swayed by OMGSHINY new-but-not-so-new things?
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I know I can't turn back time and take back all the nasty crap I spewed, but I will try to be more constructive from here on out. I am truly and deeply sorry. Whether ya'll believe me or not, it's up to you to decide. I may or may not be around as much, but I'll learn to just bite my tongue.

And hopefully now I won't be feeling as nauseated with guilt. xD;

In other words to stay on-topic, that Paralix is actually pretty interesting. The way the paint splatters were made in the original Spectrum, it actually looks more like markings on the Blacklight than paint splatters. And that's a good thing! It's still not my taste as a whole, but hey, what can ya do? I've read the news today, and I am worried for Subeta. How bad is the financial trouble? :/
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

I really don't think Subeta is in THAT much trouble. You need to keep in mind that the Cash Shop sale is currently going on, so it makes sense to have more Cash Shop-related news now than other weeks. If anything, I'm THANKFUL that they are releasing new items during the sale rather than after it's over. I already got both of the new minions for my gallery.

Yes, some of this is due to them needing more money. But I think people are starting to take small concerns like mine/Iggy's and running too far with it. Sometimes a CSC item is just a CSC item purposely released during a sale because it would be douchey to wait until afterwards.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ah, yeah...I know I overreacted with that. x.x;
But yeah, that is true and makes sense to release a lot of stuff for the CS when there's a sale going on. Makes sense. xD
MissBatty

Post by MissBatty »

They look cool and everything, but...Sheesh, it isn't really all that creative. just color the thing black then, POOF. BLACKLIGHT PET.

Whee?
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The jollin looks great with a black background. Oh I love it so much I was very close to changing Daray into one. But then the Paralix pops up and I love that one as well. It just looks so great with the black base with it's back fur and paint splashes. And the others that have been brought out look great too. I'm just loving spectrum with a black base. I said it before but the rainbow just pops out so much. I wonder if I can love this more then spectrum. o.o
So I broke down and bough a potion. **wishes the price didn't end in a 3, twitch** Daray is so going to be one of these. I'm just not sure which one yet. I'm going to wait for the others to come out to decide. Then I'll have to go and buy another one for his TC. XP
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I pretty much squealed like a little girl when I saw the Paralix. I've looked at the Spectrum time and time again but the pose and something about the eyes always put me off. Obviously, the pose is the same, but the problem with the eyes is somehow gone and it's just so damned vibrant. I think I need one.

I'm pretty neutral towards the Swampie and Manchu but I don't really like the Celinox. Not sure why, as I don't mind the original, but something about this isn't clicking for me.