Blacklight

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Aqua

Re: Blacklight

Post by Aqua »

Oops, perhaps I shouldn't have opened photoshop, ended up drawing a (very messy) blacklight illumis, now I kind of want one whenever they exist. But now I'm wishing the blacklight pets had glowsticks. Oh well, can always edit them in.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68671/blillumis_messy.gif
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Ffffffffff. Now I want one even more! >.<;;
Yuko

Post by Yuko »

They probably did this because they're running low on money (Keith made a comment on this) and didn't have time to wait for the artists to draw up brand new images. When you're in big need of something, you do things you originally didn't think you'd do.

Honestly, as much as I don't like Blacklight, what's more important: Subeta staying up (this could very well be the deciding factor for all you know) or an extra little thing you happen to dislike?
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I like the concept. I don't like that it's a Cash Shop item. A new redraw color like Angelic, sure, but not this. Would've been more fitting as a lab combo item, imho. Or, since other people brought up the idea of an Autumn-style Glade (which I would TOTALLY turn Pomonah into if I had the sP and the chance), maybe what they could sell in the Cash Shop instead is a relatively inexpensive, multi-potion modifier that one could purchase and add to a potion via the Genetech Lab.

I don't know how much extra work that would be for the artists and programmers, though. =\
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

That's a good thought Rakumel! I mean, there are the Miracle Potions, but this could still probably work. It would only be for recolours of a redraw.
I still don't really agree with the whole concept of taking redraws and making colourfills out of them. But, I could really see Autumn-Glade pets, and that would be a pretty awesome idea!

I think this way we don't end up with 20+ new redrawn colours and overwork the artists till their fingers are numb. Dx
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Aw, damn it, I forgot about the Miracle Potions. That would make my idea kind of pointless. *headdesk*
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

No no, I think if it were just for modifying recolours of a redraw (Spectrum to Blacklight, or, if created, Glade to Autumn), it could work!
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Two new ones: Kumos and Ontra.

ImageImage

Still waiting for that Illumis. ;o; Pleeeeease?
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

I don't really like those 2,...
I think it's because of the colours on both, it doesn't fit that well,.. :S
though I'm a blacklight manchu lover, and I don't like manchus at all xD
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I like the Ontra just fine, but the Kumos (with those outlined markings) just makes me realize how much the whole species could use an anatomy/shading update.

God have mercy on the artist who decides to tackle that mess someday. That and the inevitable Montre update in the distant future.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

No! No! I like my Spectrum Kumos just the way he is! Not to mention my Dark Matter Montre...

ETA: Since I haven't commented yet on the Blacklight pets... the only one I like better than the Spectrum version is the Paralix, which is also the only one so far I'm tempted by. In general I think the spectrum colors look better on a white background, though.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Red Mask Corgi wrote:Oh man, if I didn't ready have my pets planned out I'd get one Spectrum and one Blacklight and make them basically Yin/Yang of each other. So much potential.
THIS. OH GOD, THIS.

I'm not too keen on this colour (although I think it'd be great with glowsticks ;;), but I do like the Kerubi. Looks nice.

(And seconding the more pet slots - I'd definitely pay for them :B)
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

Newest three:

Image Image Image

They all look AWESOME. And I've been waiting for the Lasirus, ever since Poppikins zapped to a Field one a couple of days after the colour was made. I'm totally making her Blacklight now :3
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

:D

They actually made a Blacklight Illumis! :D Squeeeeeeee~ It's so cute and pretty! I'm definitely going to have it as one of my intended pets now. ^.^
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Image Image

I don't think these two have been posted here yet - although they have been added to the site's viewer. Although, the three before this haven't yet. If all that made sense. xD

I like both of these, but then, I've liked most instances of this color, oftentimes more than the original. Usually when the original had too much (for my tastes) grey.

I really would like more of this concept. I've seen examples of hellfire reborns (large areas of black) and autumn glades, both of which I would in fact hand over real cash to own -- if done nicely, obviously. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.