Blacklight

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Blacklight

Post by Tom »

On the other hand, imagine the prices if they restocked in token shop? Glade hovered around 30 million for quite a while. Though I'm sure these would be a bit more affordable and that it wasn't the first intention, with the potions being in the cash shop, they're in infinite supply and at a 'fixed' price (CSC to sP doesn't really fluctuate much). With the release of this colour, people would have to potion over their old colours regardless. With them in cash shop, at least they don't have to worry about catching the next restock (though to be fair, the price is hardly generous; imo, 500 CSC pre-sale would have been more fair).

Erm, as for the actual colour, I don't really have much of an opinion. I quite like it. In a few cases, with the Kora sticking out like a sore thumb, I feel the grey could have been darker but otherwise, some are better, some are worse, etc etc.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I have no problem with putting the potion in the Cash Shop, though I agree 500 CS normal price seems more reasonable. It should end up trading in the sP range of the standard Spectrum Potion if the usual CS-to-sP ratios apply, which seems reasonable to me.

I *DO* have a problem with making people's overlays retroactively unacceptable. It's one thing to say you can't use un-altered Subeta art as an overlay. It's quite another to force people to take down their overlays if you happen to make art in the future that looks similar. If you don't want people to be able to easily alter official site are to make overlays that resemble highly expensive desirable potions... don't make highly expensive desirable potions that are just simple recolors of existing site art. :shrug:

Where did Keith say the site was having financial issues and, for goodness' sakes, why? I'll still buy some stuff in the sale, but it makes me less (rather than more) likely to buy things on the site if I think there's a chance the site will go under and I'll lose the virtual goodies I bought.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I also want to agree on the "making new pet slots" an option for the Cash Shop.

Over the next two months, I'd gladly shell 240$ if it means I could get up to 30 pets.
I would not buy 240$ of CSC otherwise. I'm looking at what I'd want in the CS and there is barely 20$ of stuff I'd somehow need. Not NEED! Just, somehow need.

Yeah, people which are a lots into their wardrobes can spend 200$ over a couple weeks in there. But I'm not one of these persons.

I'd love to support Subeta more. Just cater to my interests!

/greedy

Where did Keith say the site was having financial issues and, for goodness' sakes, why?
The board in Site Features talking about the ads on the news page.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

If anyone wants to read, this is the topic - third post down.

And I have to agree with why. Though I understand not everybody can afford CSC, recently comparing how much I've spent there alongside some friends, it's left me wondering how we're not keeping the site afloat ourselves...
Subeta: Thomas
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Don't be afraid to buy CSC guys! Buying it -helps- us not go out of business, haha. Really though, you should be fine :)
<3
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I'm glad these potions are not redraws. I don't think you should be able to BUY a redraw color, in my opinion...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Bacon wrote:I'm glad these potions are not redraws. I don't think you should be able to BUY a redraw color, in my opinion...
I... don't understand. So you don't think that people should be able to buy... Angelic Potions? *confused*

ETA - Also, Wings, I totally agree with you that it'd be awesome if the people with overlays could be grandfathered... but I'm not sure how they could monitor that. I think it'd be way too easy for people to turn around and say "Well I made that overlay before that color came out!" and there's not much you can do to prove them right or wrong. It'd be a great idea if there -was- a way to mark it though!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Jessibean wrote:
Bacon wrote:I'm glad these potions are not redraws. I don't think you should be able to BUY a redraw color, in my opinion...
I... don't understand. So you don't think that people should be able to buy... Angelic Potions? *confused*
I don't understand either.
All redraw colors can be gotten from the Miracle Potion, so really, all redraw colors can be bought with real money.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Iggy wrote:
Jessibean wrote:
I don't understand either.
All redraw colors can be gotten from the Miracle Potion, so really, all redraw colors can be bought with real money.
Oh, well, my bad, then. I don't use the cash shop at all beyond an occasional Gold Account. And come to think of it, this blacklight color is pretty horrible. The colors don't really even glow. Haven't the artists ever been under a blacklight?
Rah

Post by Rah »

Bacon wrote: Oh, well, my bad, then. I don't use the cash shop at all beyond an occasional Gold Account. And come to think of it, this blacklight color is pretty horrible. The colors don't really even glow. Haven't the artists ever been under a blacklight?
And spectrum pets aren't really the colour of a spectrum. We just try to pick interesting names for our colours that are close enough to what they represent and are catchy.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The whole point of this thread is that some people who liked Spectrum pets liked them better with a black base. So, they made it a new color and Made Up a name. The whole point. Of this thread. From the beginning.

I'm pretty sure.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Jessibean wrote: ETA - Also, Wings, I totally agree with you that it'd be awesome if the people with overlays could be grandfathered... but I'm not sure how they could monitor that. I think it'd be way too easy for people to turn around and say "Well I made that overlay before that color came out!" and there's not much you can do to prove them right or wrong. It'd be a great idea if there -was- a way to mark it though!
They wouldn't be able to. But I don't think they should retroactively disallow people's overlays anyway. I think they should let people who already had overlays similar to blacklight continue to use them, and then just live with the fact that people may make new blacklight-esque overlays. As long as people aren't using the actual blacklight art, it should be allowed.

If it was that important to them that people don't use an overlay that looks similar to an existing pet color, then they shouldn't have introduced an expensive/desirable pet that was just a re-color of existing art. :shrug:
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I like it! The black just makes the rainbow colours really pop. There are a few I quiet like and a few I'm just meh about. I'm considering on making Daray this colour when they come out with the paralix cause I feel it'll really fit him. I need to buy one anyway for Daray's collection. I don't really mind it being in the cash shop. Though I agree that 500 CSC for it would of made a lot more sense then over 500 CSC. So I might wait till black Friday to buy it, not sure yet.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

ImageImage
I know some people were wondering about the Ruffie :3

I think they both look pretty good! The spots look great on the Jollin, and the Ruffie's cute as ever.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Win, thank you Rah! =D I was looking at a spectrum ruffie for cute expression, but I prefer the blacklight version now that I see it. ^_^

I look into my SP reserves, otherwise I might have to be an idiot and buy it with monies. ;)