Hydrus Archan

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Hydrus Archan

Post by Cranberry »

I'm really liking this one, especially the coral tail and the lionfish spines! Its expression is great, too; that's totally a pissed-off kitty look. All cat owners have seen that face. :P
Luxe

Re: Hydrus Archan

Post by Luxe »

Hahaha, you said that all cat owners have seen this face, and I started thinking... yes, I have, but not as a pissed off kitty!

It looks like a cat's Flehmen response. SORRY, GEMMA. I ONLY JUST SAW IT WHEN CRAN SAID THIS. But I shall make up a story that it's a Flehmen response as a result of our intrusion and it's trying to figure out who we are. And I still love it!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

What a lovely Archan! I think Rah is the best thing to happen to that species, I've liked all the ones she's done so far. The pissed off kitty look is excellent and I love the pose as well. It's short and stocky without being oddly proportioned like the old Archans. Awesome pet.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rah

Post by Rah »

AWW THANKS GUYS. I still don't quite understand what the Flehmen response is other than it being...wait, is it a SEX FACE?! Oh my gosh and I watched The Lion King to learn some new kitty expressions too! BLAME THEM!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

FLEHMING ISN'T A SEX FACE RAH DON'T WORRY XDDD Cats flehm because it helps them smell better xD It helps move scents passed the Jackobson's organ and increases the smell. House cats do it a -lot- because they actually don't have a great sense of smell through their nose!

Remember when you were visiting and we told you Cairo was OBSESSED with feet? She'd sniff our feet and then open her mouth and look all perplexed? She was flehming xD She -always- flehms when she smells feet xD

THAT BEING SAID, Andi's right - it does kind of look like it's flehming xD BUT I LIKE IT!
Haken

Post by Haken »

Oh I really like this Archan. The detail is real stunning :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, i could see it both ways. My kitty flehms a lot, but it's also the "protest meow" face. (a few examples here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4 - starting with the description about 4:30 "corporal cuddling" hehe) The one thing that seems off to me is the front leg, like it's curved forward a bit too much, not straight. I like it, though, nice job!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I learned something new about kitties! Always a good thing. That said, again another nice archan by Rah. I'm so glad she took over the species. I've been liking it more and more since she has. The fin main, horns and coral on the tail are the best parts. Nice job Rah!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel