Revamped Dark Matter Lasirus, Darkonite + Wyllop

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Purr

Revamped Dark Matter Lasirus, Darkonite + Wyllop

Post by Purr »

Image Image Image

OH DEAR GOD FINALLY THEY REVAMPED THE LASIRUS. As a lasirus fan, I kept wishing that they'd freaking revamp. And they did. And I love it. *screams* Though I'm not sure if bats normally bend their wings like that, it fills the box wonderfully!

The darkonite has a nice new pose, and the wyllop just has new artwork (though it's less evil looking for some reason...). The paw on the wyllop is a bit awkward, but other than that, nice job!

Old images:
Image Image Image
Last edited by Purr on 03 Nov 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Revamped Dark Matter Lasirus, Darkonite + DM Wyllop

Post by Jessi »

All three of these just blow the old ones away. The first two don't even COMPARE.. since the old ones weren't even redraws and the old lasirus I think is the lowest ranked pet on NC right now xD I love the lasirus's pose. I never, ever considered having a Lasirus as a pet, but that pose is -amazing-. I really wish I had a pet that fit it. May need to consider this.

The new DM Wyllop is -amazing-. I never really realized how OLD and awful the old one was until I saw them side by side and just... felt shocked. The pose is similar, but updated, and the anatomy makes -sense- now (the old poor DM Wyllop. Rats CANNOT sit like that. It definitely had a broken back and broken shoulders, poor thing). I love how it has the same feel and new, beautiful art *_*

THIS IS WHY I NEVER SEE MY WIFE, she was working on these xD I GET IT NOW.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Revamped Dark Matter Lasirus, Darkonite + Wyllop

Post by AngharadTy »

I always liked the DM wyllop, but looking at it now, wow, it had some funky anatomy. Which is fixed up nicely.

The lasirus is great! I love the wings. A lot. The pose overall is very good for a bat pet.
Image Image
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

All very good, especially the Wyllop. No more ugly blocky anatomy. The raised paw angle does look odd. If only they had paw pads, it would help! ^^;
The Lasirus isn't really my favorite, but it's still great to see it revamped, as well as the Darkonite! The Darkonite makes me laugh because its like it's eating gum and it's all stretchy. xD

Good job artists!!
Last edited by Elucifer on 03 Nov 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Elucifer wrote:Good job artists!!
Nope, just artist ;D My favorite out of these is my Lasirus, ahhh. I want one now e___e

And the Wyllop just cried out to be revamped! The anatomy on the old one was terrible! And it just did not match Wyllops at all anymore. I left it for as long as I could, because I was afraid to upset people with the revamp :( But it needed to be done! And I think I did a pretty good job, myself!

And I really like exclamation points!
<3
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

Ah, I see! Well, I think you've done a fantabulous job. The Wyllop still retains its mischievous expression, so I'm not complaining! And yes! Exclamations are a great feature to the writing world!!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Love the new Lasirus! I'm adding it to my list of DM pets to consider in case I hate the hypothetical future DM Montre revamp.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Lasirus is freaking amazing and I will have one. It would be a perfect pose for Samuel if I can get someone to do a color edit and switch the colors to gold. Lindsey is the best thing to happen to Lasirus ever.

The Wyllop and Darkonite are also solid revamps :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Omg, Seerow, and get the DMs changed to GEMS! XD THAT'D BE AMAZING.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I was wondering why we only got one DM pet in September. Subeta was saving them till later. :D

Holy sheet! I love that lasirus! It's so amazing. And another lasirus I've been waiting forever for (now all I need is a glacier, and my sound trio will be complete). The wings are particularly awesome, and they remind me of spider legs, which actually makes it cooler. Though, as much as I want one, this is most fitting for Kin, and I think I'll keep my glacier sheeta just a little bit longer (I think I'll wait to see if the glacier lasirus does indeed make its entrance to subeta this winter). I think this is now my favorite lasirus.

The darkonite and wyllop are both wonderful as well. The old wyllop had paralix anatomy. XD And it's nice to see the darkonite getting some attention. It's so cool, but you don't see too many of them around. I particularly like its face. I'd say more about how lovely they are but I think I'm going into lasirus overload (and that's a good thing). :P
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

ow wow!:D
They're all amazing=3
shading, art, poses, anatomy, all amazing=3
though the paw of the wyllop looks a bit ,.. awkward? to me, but other than that, amazing =3
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The Lasirus is ungodly awesome. I mean, DAMN. :D
Bonkers

Post by Bonkers »

Am I the only one that hates each of these? All the revamped wyllops are god-awful. I used to LOVE the hydrus, galactic and darkmatter wyllops but they've been destroyed.
The Darkonite and Lasirus also have messed up anatomy.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Little bit vague there. What exactly do you consider messed up?

If you're going to be nothing but negative, you might consider offering specific criticisms instead of sweeping statements that obviously a lot of people are going to disagree with.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I definitely think this is your best Lasirus so far, Lindsey! The wings are great, and I love the face. I think the ears are done really well, too, and ears in that position can be tricky! (see: bloodred jollin)

I'm not sure what exactly bothers me about the Darkonite, but it isn't working for me. The lines seem too thick, especially around the face/head. The shading seems a little flat, and the whole pet is darker than I'd prefer, but maybe that's just because it's right next to the Lasirus (which has some really nice highlighting and colour variation). I also really liked the ghostly eyes the old version had and don't really care for the new, all-purple versions.

And Bonkers, I seem to recall you loved the Graveyard Wyllop, so I'd rethink making generalizations like that. You're certainly allowed to like and dislike whatever you want, clearly the rest of us do, but "hate" and "destroyed" and "god-awful" are very rude to be throwing around when you don't actually provide any reasons why.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.