Chibi Kora Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Chibi Kora Revamp

Post by Silverevilchao »

Image Image

I think its expression got changed in the revamp. I kind of like how it looks like it thinks that you're suspicious. xD;;

[Mod edit: Old one added in for comparison]
Elucifer

Re: Chibi Kora Revamp

Post by Elucifer »

Okay, please don't kill me, but I made an edit to the eyes because they look angry in this official revamp.

I guess it's boring in a way compared to the actual one, but it looks less angry, cause I don't think Koras are angry generally. They look cute and innocent.
Otherwise, this new Chibi Kora looks great!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think it's supposed to be wincing and wondering what happened to it's ear thing.
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

That's a good observation! =o
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

I like it =3
very cute =3
but,...
how did the old one look like?
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Here's the old one.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

So much better then the old one. I love the look on it's face. I make that face to if I was stepping on my ear. XD I love it's little tails too. Wonderfully done Rah.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Even though it's riddled with errors, the old one appeals to me more... on an emotional level? I'm not sure how to explain it. Something about the new one just throws me off, and I think it's probably its new expression.

But I'm not a big fan of Koras to begin with, so take my opinion for what it's worth.
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

ow, a big improvement!
but,...
it has got no mouth :x
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

We knew the no-mouth thing was going to happen; koras don't actually have mouths in their designs, per the artist who designed them, Rah.

I dunno which I like better. The old one did have problems, like Officer said, but I like how stylized the linework is. Especially the limbs. The new one's feet attract my attention too much, when it should go to the face/ears, maybe because they're too detailed. It's like I suddenly have to think about the way the toes wrap around the ear it stands on. Just a detail, but I don't love it. I do like the shading overall, though, and I like the tails now more than in the old version.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Koras are by far my favorite pet on the site. (I have 3 of them), so I was very hesitant about this revamp and really took my time looking at it and getting a "feel" for it. There are things from the old one that I will miss, but there are things on the new one that I love and feel are improvements. I love that the gem is more prominent now and that you can see the details of the tails. I miss the old expressions as it was just so darn cute that i wanted to go out and find a baby kora and pet it. However, the new expression has its own personality and I find myself smiling at it when I look at it. I don't want to "pet it and love it and call it george" or anything like the old one, but still very cute and somewhat mischievous. I would most certainly own one if I could have unlimited pet slots, but I don't see myself changing either of my chibi pets into a kora any time soon. Part of that could very well be because I see the koras as very feminine and my chibi pets represent my two youngest boys though. Shrug.

basically, I like the revamp and am happy it turned out so well, but I'm not in love with it like I have been so many of the other Kopras that rah has redone. I give it an A-
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image