Revamped Angelic Dragarth and Rreign

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Purr

Revamped Angelic Dragarth and Rreign

Post by Purr »

Image Image
Image Image

Two really needed revamps. I'm loving the feathers on that rreign's wings. The dragarth is now more angelic with feathered wings, phew.
Unari

Re: Revamped Angelic Dragarth and Rreign

Post by Unari »

I like the way these two turned out. They kept the basic feel of the pet, but brought them into the present-day subeta. I have no complaints.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really like the Dragarth revamp. He looks so soft and cuddly now!

The Dragaon I am on the fence about. The old one was one of my favorite pets on Subeta and I'd been dreading the revamp for a very very long time. Thankfully it turned out fairly well for me. I really like how the wings, back legs, and tail were done, they look fantastic. However the front legs looks far too beefy, though I guess that is on par with the rest of the Dragons. I'm also not a fan of the new expression. Overall though I think the artist did a good job holding true to the original and I was expecting something far worse so I guess I'm happy with it :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I never really realized how... boring the old Dragarth was until I saw these side by side. It is literally a blue dragarth with a halo. ...Whoo. It doesn't even have angelic wings xD The new one is lovely and soft, and I think FMD did a fabulous job on her first Dragarth! She posed the full-size image for anyone who wants to see :D

I think Jill also did a fabulous job keeping the spirit of the old dragon on the revamped Angelic Rreign. I agree with the front legs being a bit beefy, and I still miss the old whiskers on all the revamped Rreigns, but overall she did a great job with the pose and making it match :3
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

I'm really happy to see these. I was beginning to think the Dragarth had been forgotten about, so I'm glad to see this. It's great, and gives me hope that Spectrum's revamp will be great too :3 Has FMD taken over the Dragarth then?

And the Rreign! I've been waiting for a good while now since I have one. I think it's just lovely <33 It was expected that it wouldn't be a perfect revamp since the pet was changed so much, but I'm personally very, very happy with this! The wings look so fluffy and nice, almost makes me want to change my pet's character around entirely. Sometime soon I'll have to change up my overlay to go with the stomach color!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The Dragarth turned out real cute. I forgot how blah the old angelic dragarth was. This one is a huge improvement. It's so soft and cuddly. I just want to snuggle it. Which is saying a lot cause I don't even like dragarth. So great job Lindsey! Spot on with your first dragarth. ^-^

I really like the rreign. It kept with the old one while improving it's looks and making it match the rest of the species. I'm with Seerow on the front legs but also understand Rreigns are just beefy. I adore the wings on it. They are just so lovely.

So a thumbs up to both these revamps! :3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The Dragarth is so adorable..I love the colouring on the wings.
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

I'm not so fond of these :S
the dragarth is just,.. too normal, just sitting and smiling :(

and the rreign,..
I liked the old one more, the expression of it and the 2 whiskers(?)
the front paw doesn't fit too xD
but I do like the feathered wings and the colouring/shading thing^_^

[edit]
I prefer the : x at subeta, much better than here xD *why does it look so angry here?*
Last edited by Jessica_G on 13 Feb 2011 08:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

@Red Mask Corgi - yep, FMD has taken over the Dragarth and this was her first once :D I know she was excited about it being released because she's loved doodling Dragarths since we started playing Subeta ~4.5 years ago xD
@Jessica_G, it's just 'sitting there' because it was in the old one as well. FMD wanted to update the pose and the art without totally changing the personality of the pet.
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

@jessibean they have changed poses before, check out the old and new version of the bloodred darkonite (: *and the : x 'smilie' didn't mean to use that, used to the one at subeta xD*
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

We try to retain as much of angelic poses/personalities as possible because people paid real money for theirs since angelic is a Cash Shop color. This hasn't always been done, but based on user feedback, it's what we're trying to do from here on out.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

The Dragarth is simply beautiful now! It is worlds better in every way from the original. I really like the Dragarth as a species and the updated Angelic version makes me want to make one asap.The lineart is so much more crisp and "light' if that makes any sense. The wings are finally feathers to fit Angelic and the halo is perfectly sized and has a nice soft glow about it. The look on its face is sweet and peaceful. I really love this revamp.

The rreign..eh. It's a rreign. I still miss the fu man chu whiskers. The new wings are very very well done. they look fluffy and soft and I like the halo. Still don't want one, but it is an improvement.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image