Steamwork Ruffie

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Steamwork Ruffie

Post by Jessi »

The concept behind this one amuses me so much xD I love the bolts and screws flying off as opposed to fleas or bugs. The foot is a bit hard to see in the ear, I think, but other than that I think this is a great steamwork pet - it still has undeniable ruffie charm, even though it's made out of scraps of metal! Also I like that the key is really noticeable on this pet - the key is one of my favorite parts of SW pets.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Steamwork Ruffie

Post by Seerow »

It actually took me a bit to realize what this species was heh. I kept thinking that it's left ear was the mouth and couldn't figure out what species it represented! After I realized that it was just an ear it clicked, but I think the pet might be a bit to cluttered. I do adore the tattered ear and paws. The springs and screws flying off are just adorable as well!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the idea behind the pose and design, but not the end result. It's very hard to distinguish exactly what is what because of all the detail. It doesn't look like it has any hind legs. I know where they, I found them after a bit, but I have to search for them every time I look at it. Either because or despite all the lines and doodads, the entire pet overall seems to be very 2D. I feel as if this were extruded into 3D, all of its parts would be along the same plane and it'd be some weird sort of metallic paper dog doll with tabs to add on each feature. It's very weird.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I love the concept, but I think it's rather too busy. It's really, really hard for me to make out its right foot (the one scratching) because of all of the detail.