Possible Darkonite Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Possible Darkonite Revamp

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

My only two problems with it are that its eyes are too hard to see (namely, the iris and pupil) and that it's smiling as opposed to scowling, which I think kind of contradicts its existing personality. Everything else is just plain awesome. :)
Runic

Re: Possible Darkonite Revamp

Post by Runic »

I echo Silver's critiques. Too small of eyes and OOC smile.
The other thing I'd like to see in the new one would be the dark socks. I think this potential revamp's socks are too faded and it needs a little more Pop!

Otherwise, not bad revamp! I was wondering when the species would get updated.

And this is a random question, but how many pets are left to be updated to match the site art? Kumos and Montre obviously.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The eyes need more contrast, the grunge on the feet needs to be darker, they need to bring back the crooked whiskers. The fact that he's smiling is kind of weird to me.

His front legs look ... odd. There's no ankle. If you're going to spruce up anatomy, fix it.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really like the back half, especially how Hagane did the hooves. I think the front could use a bit more work.
It looks like it's going to fall over, though the old one did too, it's a bit off-putting. I also think the smile should go and the whiskers re-added. Other then those though I think he looks pretty good and I'm happy not too much was changed from the original.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I agree that the flames should be darker, the smile turned upside down, and the irises made bigger to keep that evil glow. It's also missing the scar over its eye and the scraggly whiskers. I also think the spikes on the side of its head are too small and positioned in such a way that they don't look like strange extended growths on the jawbone. I do like the back end though. Yeah...Maybe I had never noticed or had just forgotten, but the Darkonite is very much reminiscent of the mutant Lupe.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Linds mentioned this a few times on Subeta, but the whiskers being left off was a total mistake, heh! She said they'll definitely be back, but she'll be doing a lot of changes on this based off feedback too c:
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I liked them both, but I ultimately voted for the newer one because something about it reminds me of robo sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I agree that the eyes need to be tweaked and the front legs look a bit funny.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like the leg structures and the overall texturing on the new one, and i like the dim eyes - but it changes so much of the look that i'd rather the eyes remain more like the old one. And yes the smile looks way out of place. Then consider keeping the old colors on the legs. I think that would fix all the issues i have with the change.