Chibi Irion Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Chibi Irion Revamp

Post by Officer 1BDI »

compared to it's previous incarnation:

I'm a bit surprised they changed the pose so drastically, but I absolutely adore the revamp so I can't complain.
Runic

Re: Chibi Irion Revamp

Post by Runic »

Hagan drew it, so I wonder if the Irion has an artist again. I know Jag was the artist before, but I'm assuming she's left the staff since then.
This little guy is so much cuter now! Looking forward to more revamps, and the long overdue Galactic Irion. xD
Secretary

Post by Secretary »

Wow. Somebody other than Rah drew a pet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Uh, wow, someone other than Rah draws pets all the time? Lindsey draws almost as many pets as Rah, even if they're not instantly released - and it's not like Rah's the only person who has had pets released recently. Just going back the past month-

Jan 11th - Nostalgic Swampie, drawn by Squidiot
Jan 21st - Nostalgic Illumis, drawn by Pie and Nostalgic Warador, drawn by Squidiot
Jan 27th - Angelic Demi, drawn by Darling and Angelic Torrent, drawn by Arbor
Feb 6th - Glacier Legeica, drawn by Arbor and Glacier Hikei, drawn by NK
Feb 7th - Nostalgic Aeanoid, drawn by Squidiot, and Nostalgic Devonti, drawn by Arbor
Feb 21st - Graveyard Donadak, drawn by Arbor
Feb 23rd- Glacier Fester, drawn by Hagane
March 6th - GY Dillema, drawn by Pie, and GY Dragarth, drawn by Hagane

Does Rah draw a huge amount of pets? Definitely. Is she the only artist who draws pets and it's a huge shock when someone else does? Definitely not.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Thanks, Jessi! That comment annoyed me, too, and I thought about going back through the news and listing who drew all the recent pets... but I was too lazy. :P

There are 66 Subeta species. Rah handles a good percentage of those (she handles 15), but that leaves a lot of releases by other artists, too. And other artists may do more wearables, or more backgrounds, than Rah does... different artists are better at, and therefore do more of, different kinds of art around the site. It's not like anyone's slacking -- they all have a quota to hit each month.
Secretary

Post by Secretary »

Rah draws 15 different pets?

No wonder the quality of her art has suffered so much over the last few years. She's obviously having trouble keeping up.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Hey. I have nothing against criticizing art, or artists, when it's deserved, and I see plenty of reasons for that on Subeta. Rah's not one of them, though. If you look at her latest steamwork pet, you'll see no lack of creativity, and certainly no indication that her art is suffering. It's one of the best new pets I've seen in a while. She draws a lot of things, yes, and sometimes I think it'd be nice to have more diversity in the staff artists (I really miss some of the ones who aren't around anymore). But Rah almost always comes up with an inventive twist for her pets, and I appreciate that. I don't know why you're choosing her to pick on, but quit it. You're not going to find a friendly audience for that here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Secretary wrote:Rah draws 15 different pets?

No wonder the quality of her art has suffered so much over the last few years. She's obviously having trouble keeping up.
I find it amusing that you think you know enough about Rah's art to decide that the quality is suffering, and yet you don't even know which species are hers. Nobody here is going to take you seriously. If you want to complain about how much you dislike Subeta's pet art, you might enjoy Subeta Confessions, where all the anonymous cowards hang out and validate each other.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Secretary wrote:Rah draws 15 different pets?

You know, I did think that your first comment on this board wasn't quite directed at my dear coworkers, and was actually more to do with me. And now looking at your four posts on neocolours, it appears I've been attracting a new fan! I'm really pleased to see that you've been following my work so closely over the years in order to document my art progress- it's always nice to have someone that cares. And I really appreciate you looking out for my well being and health by implying that I might be having trouble with my workload - that's really very thoughtful of you!

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to let me know exactly what you were thinking. In this day and age, it's really important to let people over the internet know how you feel, no matter how it might make them feel in return. I mean, it's just words, right?

Oh, and I actually now draw 16 pets! So you can look forward to seeing even more of my art.
Runic

Post by Runic »

You know, I did think that your first comment on this board wasn't quite directed at my dear coworkers, and was actually more to do with me. And now looking at your four posts on neocolours, it appears I've been attracting a new fan! I'm really pleased to see that you've been following my work so closely over the years in order to document my art progress- it's always nice to have someone that cares. And I really appreciate you looking out for my well being and health by implying that I might be having trouble with my workload - that's really very thoughtful of you!

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to let me know exactly what you were thinking. In this day and age, it's really important to let people over the internet know how you feel, no matter how it might make them feel in return. I mean, it's just words, right?

Oh, and I actually now draw 16 pets! So you can look forward to seeing even more of my art.
This. You go girl.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Awww Rah, I love your art, but even if you decided to draw every subeta item in scribble form, know that you will always be loved here for your wit, charm and sarcasm. ;)
Runic

Post by Runic »

I vote Yes for Scribble items. :D
But I suppose it's up to this Secretary person to decide, since CLEARLY they're in charge of what gets drawn and accepted on the site.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Can I ask everyone to keep it civil, please? Secretary, you're entitled to give constructive criticism of pet colours here and you don't have to be unequivocally positive, but personal attacks will not be tolerated. Rah, I know they've personally attacked you, but please don't sink to their level.

I don't want to see this going any further on either side. Talk about something else, like whether it's right or wrong that the pet's been turned brown.
Runic

Post by Runic »

Yes mam. D:
Anyways, I appreciate the revamp! Wish the spots were more visible cause that's my favorite part with the Irion. BUT THEM EYES. x3
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Mm, I'm sort of in the middle about this revamp. I really liked the older one, and I have to admit I prefer the older colourscheme (not that the current one isn't nice, because it is :D), but the new one is so adorable, too 'w' Hahah I like both. I think the beak on the new one is slightly too big, though, but that could just be seeing it next to the older one XD If that makes sense. /ramble
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie