Spectrum/Blacklight Endeavor and (Revamped) Telenine

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Spectrum/Blacklight Endeavor and (Revamped) Telenine

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage
ImageImage

I love the Endeavors. :) I don't have the old version of the Spectrum Telenine, so I'd really appreciate it if someone posted it. :)
Slugawoo

Re: Spectrum/Blacklight Endeavor and (Revamped) Telenine

Post by Slugawoo »

Old Telenine. Definitely a solid revamp. I quite like it. And I don't know if it was intentional, but the spots on its back look kind of like a pawprint, which is a very nice touch.

The Endeavors are really nice too (I especially like blacklight), but the wings are bothering me a little. Maybe the artist was trying for perspective, but it just looks like its left wing is a whole lot smaller than its right. Other than that though, very nice.
Runic

Post by Runic »

LOVE THE REVAMPED TELLY!!

I'm happy to see Telenines in the News again. Rah is off to a good start with the species, with that updated Chibi and Spectrum now! x3
Definitely looking forward to the Autumn colours, cause the current Reborn Telly depresses me greatly. D:

The Endeavor is great too! Not my favorite species, but still lovely art. x3
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Well.....dammit. I'm taking that off my pet wishlist (which I'd just created yesterday, so I'm glad I didn't run off and make this pet). I knew it was due for an update, which is why I've been hesitating in creating one, despite it being on my wishlists for the past year or so. The new version completely lost the sly smirk of the old one. It's gone all thick and wiggly-limbed instead, with an awkwardly squashed neck. The old version had old art, sure, but it felt like a sleek, sneaky, clever wolf, rather than this gangly, goofy puppy that hasn't grown into all of its limbs yet. I particularly miss the long neck. A big disappointment.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The telenine has fluffboobies.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I absolutely adore the Telenine, and it's so awesome to see Gemma step out of her usual comfort zone with dogs and make such an amazing revamp! The pose is so playful and this'll sound funny, but my favorite part are the ears xD I love how floppy they are, so sweet.

Slugawoo, Lindsey was in fact going for perspective there xD I think it must be hard to work with wings that shape, haha! I love the way the Spectrum aura is done on this one though, I think it's really creative!
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I'm a pretty big fan of Rah's Subeta art (I haven't tallied my pets recently, but she's probably the source of the majority), but I definitely don't see how this telenine is stepping out of her comfort zone. The playful, floppy, puppyish aspect of it is exactly the source of my complaint. Don't get me wrong - I love puppies. But we already have a ruffie for that part of the site. We didn't need a telenine with oversized paws, a goofy face, and limbs that just don't seem to fit properly yet. It's hard for me to be objective, because I really did have higher hopes for this than pretty much any other upcoming revamp, but it certainly doesn't feel like much of a departure from Rah's other canine pets.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Doesn't matter to me either way since I wasn't planning on getting one then or now, but I like the old one better. The neck and head on this one are squished rather awkwardly. Also, I know that floating in midair is a common Spectrum theme, but I don't really care for it here. I think it's either too floaty or not floaty enough. That is, at the moment it's sort of ambiguous whether it's supposed to be floating (but with one paw on the ground for some reason) or on the ground and the legs are just drawn weird.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

bonecrivain wrote:--- but I definitely don't see how this telenine is stepping out of her comfort zone. The playful, floppy, puppyish aspect of it is exactly the source of my complaint.
I guess what you see as in her comfort zone is what I see as out! I think she actually did a good job matching Tsume's (the original Telenine artist many years ago) style, considering Tsume's is so vastly different from her. Looking at it compared to the common telenine, it's always had floppy ears and large paws and that sort of gangly look. The ruffie to me has always been more of a cartoony puppy, but I think this is really detailed in a different way, and very beautiful. I was never a fan of the old Spectrum Telenine, though, so I don't have that old love to compare it to! This is definitely different, so I could see how that can be disappointing.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Alas, the Endeavor is doofy.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Mmm, we generally have to match the style of the common, rather than try to recreate the style of the old version of the colour we're revamping. The oversized paws, shorter neck and goofy face were all based on the common and more recently updated telenines. (Which of course, you may also think I didn't achieve the match on!) I'm afraid that 'sleek' and 'sly' and 'sneaky' aren't words we have in mind when we're drawing spectrum pets. (Apart from in pets with pre-determined personality traits like the Charlie and Dillema etc) I appreciate that you miss that from the old one, but I never saw it that way myself, and can only go with the pre-assigned spectrum emotions of 'super happy', 'carefree', 'spazzy' and 'joyous'.

There are plenty more revamps to come, though. So maybe I'll be able to fit in that sleek/sly wolf attitude in another colour :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That description of Spectrum pets has me worried about my Spectrum Kumos (which I think is absolutely perfect as-is!).
Rah

Post by Rah »

@Wingsrising - I believe the Kumos falls under the 'pets with a pre-determined character' section, in that it doesn't really experience emotional extremes! I think that [the spectrum] is as happy as it can get.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Count me as a fan of the old Telenine. Like Bonecrivain, I just liked the look and feel of it better. Not saying I don't like the new one, cause I don't, I just think this changes the personality too much. That, and the yellow spike is coming from the base of the tail and not attached to the back/spine at all.

As for the Endeavor, I think he turned out well. Not going to make me rush and get one of them, but I find him nifty. I like the striping on the legs and the rainbow.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Ontra

Post by Ontra »

Silverevilchao wrote:Image
...I'm kind of concerned by how much that stray line on the telenine's stomach makes it look like it has a penile sheath. I thought the pet art was supposed to be genderless?

And weren't the telenines supposed to be Arbor's species? She certainly did a much better job capturing the species' personality with the glade.