Whole bunch of Experiment revamps

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Whole bunch of Experiment revamps

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I don't have the old of the last two on me at the moment, and I didn't include the scribble revamps.

I think my favorite revamp here has to be the blob. It's such a nice little glob of goo/tar/nuclear waste/whatever! Such sad eyes. I'm indifferent on the bat wing guy and two headed lizard.

Purple Dragarth guy is okay. I much preferred the stockier body of the old one, this guy seems to be all limbs. However I really like how the rest of him was done.

I am really saddened over the beaver though. It was my favorite Experiment on the site and I loved the old one to death. The "Durrrr" expression, his tiny frame, and happy-go-lucky charm just made me love him. All I see one this new one is chest fluff out the wazoo. There is TONS of it and it was never on the old one. I don't like the new pose or how fat he is. I am glad they kept the coloring and blank eyes, but it isn't enough to make me like the new one.

Edit: Also, what is up with the toes? Round little...bubble...things.
Last edited by Seerow on 10 Aug 2012 02:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Whole bunch of Experiment revamps

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm really glad to see the revamp of the rainbow lizards. I almost got that one based on the theme and didn't because the art was so old. (I'm used to my pet now so I won't change him, but this is definitely own-able now.) The blob is really great, too. I like the eye-hand bat fairly well except for its right hind foot, which looks poorly drawn and shaded. The rest is fairly nice; I like the head a lot, very snake-y.

I completely agree with you on the beaver, though. Way too changed. The head being set so far down before was a huge part of its charm. Now it's perky and chestfluffy... nahhhhh. Seriously, what is with that fluff. It's just... it's so... big. Old art was old, but the style was so much better before. If it were a completely new pet instead of a revamp... I guess it'd be fine, except for the bizarre, distracting amount of fur on its chest.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

AngharadTy wrote:Seriously, what is with that fluff. It's just... it's so... big.
It is so big, it looks like one of those rap guys' chest fluff. But who understands those rap guys?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I like the #932 very much..pre-revamp. The new one has very good art over the old one but it looks kind of blubbery. The head was more smaller on the older version, and the body, while still kind of tubby, fit the head. Now it looks off. The wings look kind of wierd now too, they seem far too low.

The blob it my fave of all these. It looks so gloopy!
Image Image
ImageImage
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Nuuu, not the beaver D: That was always my favourite experiment.

The others look nice, though I kind of prefered the Dragarth experiment pre-revamp (not quite sure why, I think it's the ears).
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I think there is an actual rule that 90% of revamped Subetapets need to have a fluffy chest or an emo hair flop.

If the Purple Dragarth lost that stupid tiger arm I'd love it.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

They changed the facial design of the beaver one WAY too much for my liking. The original has a completely different face, IMO...the only similarity being the teeth and the horn now.

Also, the 404 experiment had no eyes in the original...now it looks like it's perpetually squinting, like Brock from Pokemon...other than that, I love it and all of the other ones except for the new beaver one.
kerise1

Post by kerise1 »

I don't like the 404 and the 932. The poor 404 has a really agonized expression. The 932 is worse, you can see the scratches on its face where its eyes have been gouged out and transplanted onto its front legs. And it's all slumped over in pain, poor thing.

The art is great, but I just feel that these experiments are a little too brutal :/
Rah

Post by Rah »

Hahah, sorry guys, I guess I'm a little too into the chest fluff thing. I'll tone it down in future! re: beaverthing