More New Experiment Pets! :D

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

More New Experiment Pets! :D

Post by TCStarwind »

I made a new topic for these two to keep the discussion of #585 on #585. I don't want to hijack a topic.

ImageImage

Goodness, I love this thing! I love the colors. I love that sassy expression. I love the ear curl and the green tongue! The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the giant crook in the front paws. I know what the artist was going for, but it seems a bit extreme here. Otherwise, it's perfect. The scribble isn't really my thing, but there's nothing bad about it.

ImageImage
A fitting number. I can't think of anything I don't like about this one. I love the concept and the colors are beautiful. And the scribble is adorable.

Guys! Stop releasing awesome pets. I can't own them all! :(
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: More New Experiment Pets! :D

Post by Seerow »

Ohh I really like both of these! The lion thing up top is such an interesting combination of colors. I really like how all the spots and stripes were done.

The number on the giraffe guy made me laugh! I don't want to know how long the shading took on this guy.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Like the colours used on both of these guys. The second would be almost perfect for my pet fable except she's a lava sheeta, not giraffe. :P These look surprisingly "normal" for experiments, but that's nice sometimes as well.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I usually don't comment on Subeta art, but #911 is beautiful. Look at those colors!~
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I really dig the eastern/Asian mythology look of the #0507. I have to say it's tempting me. The only thing that seems off is the tail, which appears a bit flat due to the lighting effect thing.

What I notice most about the giraffe is that it doesn't really look like a Subeta pet, more realistic than usual. Nothing wrong with that, and it looks like tons of people want one. Experiments are a good way to get a species of animal onsite that might not be as versatile or popular as a regular species, but who knew there was such a big market for giraffe pets? I think these could've been quite successful as regular species!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I love the giraffe, and the scribble version of it too. I might have to start zapping a pet (the horror!) It's a shiny giraffe-fairy... on fire. What is not to love?

And yes Griffin, I would love that as a regular giraffe pet!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I love how the patterns on the skin of the #0506 was drawn. Really lovely shading and colors.

The FIREGIRAFFE makes me happy. I wish the legs were longer, because I love spindly giraffes, but the coloring is gorgeous. I'll second the details making it not look like a Subeta pet though.

I'm not sure how I feel about #911 as a species number - probably due to September 11th memory more than the emergency code. It just feels slightly of poor taste, but I'll acknowledge that may be me being excessively politically correct.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Oh man it would be so difficult to have a giraffe as a regular pet, because unless it was lying down all the time or had its neck all bent up, it would look teeny in the canvas!
Marah

Post by Marah »

But look at the scribble pet, it is a teeny giraffe. A little less fire on his head and his ears bend a little downwards than his neck could just be a liiiittle longer and he would be perfect!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I like the 911, but it doesn't look like a Subeta pet, the head especially. Something about the level of detail and the lineart in particular. It's not really a fault of the pet, just something that I raised an eyebrow at. Love the design, love the colors.

I like the 0507, but I feel that it could use a different color scheme...for some reason, that particular color scheme just feels...overused? among experiment pets. I dunno. It just seems a tad too bit generic for my tastes, but its' not a "bad" pet, either.
Runic

Post by Runic »

I don't necessarily like the giraffe being numbered with 911, since I think 9/11 before the actual emergency number 9-1-1...but I can look past that tiny aspect and I absolutely LOVE this fire giraffe. The detail work is absolutely breathtaking and awesome! Good work to the artist!

That ogre-lion thing is scary...all I see is the Cheshire cat grin. D:
But that's not to say this isn't good art! xD
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I personally didn't even think of 9/11, but maybe it's because I don't live in the states. Maybe if it were a two-headed giraffe..
Marah

Post by Marah »

all I see is the Cheshire cat
Cheshire cat experiment! Who do I have to bribe to get that?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

The Flaming Fairy Giraffe is the first experiment pet I have any desire to own. It's got the perfect mix of silly and awesome.