New Nostalgic Pets!

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

New Nostalgic Pets!

Post by Wingsrising »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Cadogre, Chelon, Escalade, Feli, Hikei, Kora, and Sheeta.

The Feli is the most adorable thing ever but I think the Hikei is the first nostalgic pet I may actually want. (I was a fan of MLP before being a MLP fan was cool. :grumble:)

EDIT: Shoot, this was supposed to be under "Subeta Colors" wasn't it? Oops. :oops:
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Re: New Nostalgic Pets!

Post by RNA »

1. Cadogre: great concept - it's one of those Mecha toys isn't it? But it suffers from the clutter/lack of convincing robotic articulation that has turned me off from Cadogres. The legs are too long and supple to belong to a robot dog/dragon/thing - I'm used to mecha animals not having overly long limbs. Could have gone with a face-on perspective as well.

2. Chelon: I want one!!! I'm a sorta fan of Ninja Turtles. Not disappointed at all, although it's quite a shift from the sea turtle body plan.

3. Escalade: Not my thing. People in the news comments say it's based on a Hasbro cat toy. The fur texture is nice and the stuck out tongue is cute.

4. Feli: Nice and floppy Beanie Baby, although the shading on the front legs makes them look like clay. It's good that the color chosen was a muted brown and not the regular orange Felis come in.

5. Hikei: Lots of people are going to be happy about this! Ha, the three orbs the Hikei usually has on its tail are now a cutie mark (but they remind me too much of blemishes upon second glance because they're embedded in its skin)

6. Kora: Is it rainbow Play-doh? I first thought it was one of those bendy dolls. I wish it had cuter eyes because it's a little creepy.

7. Sheeta: Those lashes...I thought it was a Monkey at first, but it's supposed to be a reference to a certain lamb doll...I like the little hearts near the hooves.
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Omg Lamb Chop. That is awesome. Like seriously, I adored Lamb Chop as a kid. I could never work with one as a pet, but I want one so much. Who is the artist for this guy?

I can't tell if the Cadagore is a Transformer or a Power Ranger (or something else entirely). I do like it though, looks like a toy I would love to have had as a kid. The Escalade has such soft looking fur, I want to shave it and use it as a blanket. Beanie Baby Feli is an adorable idea, what does the "NF" stand for? Chelon is neat as well, and the artist did a good job making it look like a plastic action figure. The Hikei is probably going to be the most popular of the bunch by far. Turning the orbs into the marks was a great idea!

And the Kora is my second favorite of this group. At first I thought it was something related to Rainbow Bright but then I realized it was play-doh. A rather unique concept I think and I'm always glad to see another Kora :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The Cadogre is based off a Power Ranger, Seerow :D And the NF stands for Nostalgic Feli ;D

And yes, the Escalade is based off a Puppy/Kitty Surprise, but it's also just a nod to the plushies that came out a lot in the 90s that were soft plushies with plastic faces.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

This is the first batch of Nostalgic pets that are based on stuff I had as a kid! It's very 80's-90's. I had My Little Ponies (the GOOD ones), Play Doh, the Pounce beanie baby (still in my room!), Kitty Surprise (such a rip off toy lol but at that age I bought every single cat toy Walmart had), watched Lamb Chop and Power Rangers and sometimes TMNT. Oh man. The only problem with such specific tribute pets is that I'm not sure what to do with them that isn't going to be done by everyone else. Probably won't be getting any but I'm glad they exist.

My favorite detail out of everything is the Sheeta's horns because they look like little snails c: And I have to admit the Kora scares me a little. Look at its eyes. Those are eyes of death. I'd watch out for that one.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

For me only the chelon and hikei reminded me of toys I played with. If the beany baby rage reached Europe, I must have missed it :D
The chelon and hikei are 2 of my favourites but I would never need one, they are too referential for me. They made me squee though, that Chelons pose is made of win!
(Also are the good ponies the older, cubby ones? because I think I might even have some of those in a box in the attic. My favourite was Peaches who came with a salon and a cat.)

But I do love all of these except the kora, it could star in some badly produced horror movie about murderous toys. Not good.

I got the escalades instructions from the token shop, I could see myself owning the floofy one!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yes, the older, chubby ponies are the REAL ponies. The rest are imposters. ;-)

(Says the child of the 1980's).

I actually collected the 1980's ponies for a while just out of college. Eventually I stopped acquiring new ones but I still have a bunch of nice Y2 and Y3 ponies from back in day. And I remember Peaches and the salon, I think a friend had them. :-)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hey, I'm a child of the 80s, and I say every pony is wonderful. Heh. Love the old stuff and the new show.

The sheeta is the funniest and I'm glad it exists. But I can't imagine owning one.

So... are there plushie baby escalades hidden away inside? Is the escalade pregnant right now?
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

OMG, the Cadogre and the Chelon!! Power Ranger and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! :D
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

AngharadTy wrote:So... are there plushie baby escalades hidden away inside? Is the escalade pregnant right now?
Yes, pregnant with 3 to 5 (no guarantees) baby Escalades that you can rip out of its stomach! And they can later be reinserted back into its womb for easy storage! Best toy idea evar.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Haha, I have to agree with Ty - I'm an avid fan of old ponies (and have several! Recently my mom mailed me my collection!) but I just adore the new ponies + Friendship is Magic, too - and I have several of the new toys as well. I like to style their hair xD ALL PONIES ARE GOOD PONIES
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

These are all so cute <3 Particularly the Feli, I always loved Beanie Babies.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm another child of the 80s, and i am "oooohh!"ing all over these. And i'm also a fan of the new show and the Ponies but have a special fondness for the originals.

Some of these may well lure me back. Alas, all the names i would want for the Hikei are taken...unless i use the one i had saved for an eventual blacklight Irion.
Runic

Post by Runic »

Image Image
Image Image

Four more Nostalgic pets added to the site today!

Very creative and beautiful, each and every one! Kinda wish the Demi was a bit more colourful though...it's such a cute plushie otherwise. ^^
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The legeica is lovely. I'm very fond of it. And the torrent is just stunning. When I was a kid, I would have begged to have such a gorgeous kite. Even though I'm really, really bad at kites.
Image Image