Chibi Chai & Fester Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Chibi Chai & Fester Revamp

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

I like the Chibi Fester, or at least the colors, expression, and the gorgeous texturing...but I'm trying to figure out how exactly its legs work (specifically, the positioning of the one visible hip on the body).
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Chibi Chai & Fester Revamp

Post by thelonetiel »

Baby birds tend to have really splayed hips! At least, a lot of parrots do, though admittedly by the time they have that well developed feathers, that's not as obvious of a characteristic (probably both due to feathers covering the hip joint, and the increased tendency to sit on their feet instead of their butt, something I've never seen in an adult bird I don't think). This is a baby cockatoo sitting with his hips all over the place. I'm guessing that sort of adorable awkwardness was the inspiration for the hips - I recognized it as a baby bird feature immediately.

I'm excited for Fester revamps! Can't wait to see what happens to Bloodred.

Chai has lovely coloring. I'm not sure what to make of the mouth expression though.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Chibi Chai & Fester Revamp

Post by AngharadTy »

I love both of these updates. It's especially gratifying to like the fester so much, because I definitely did not before. I almost never take bird pets (I have one and only one), but if I did, I'd get a chibi fester, too. I love all the detailing and the way it's clearly a clumsy baby type but developed/feathered to the point where it's cute now, hehe.
Image Image