Darkmatter Irion Revamp and Darkmatter Cybill

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Darkmatter Irion Revamp and Darkmatter Cybill

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

Loving how evil and malicious the Darkmatter Irion looks, especially the claws around the little ball of Darkmatter - nice little touch there. Never been a fan of Cybills, soooo not much of an opinion there, sorry.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Darkmatter Irion Revamp and Darkmatter Cybill

Post by Wingsrising »

I actually don't really like that the Darkmatter Irion looks evil and malicious, since my DM Irion isn't supposed to be evil. I don't know that I dislike it enough to change him into something else, though. (Not sure what else would work for a pet named "Stormwind" anyway.)

The Cybill is a Cybill. Is it supposed to look like it's trying to eat that dark matter ball, I wonder?
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I remember the old Irion having fairly wide open, blank eyes. They looked very possessed and demonic with no pupils, but without the angry eyebrows,, so fairly emotionless. It always gave me the impression of something mad, irrational, and a bit giddy and childlike. I really liked that expression, blind insanity. This seems much more evil and malicious, as Wings said. I don't really approve of the change, though I guess it is within keeping of the color more now.

I wish the Cybill were a bit more streamlined, as penguins swimming/diving usually are. And I wish there was more motion inherent in the purple haze, or bubbles. The pose seems like it has so much momentum and movement, but it isn't really shown in the surroundings, which would be fine (as it is for most pets on a white background) except for the purple outline and the darkmatter provide such a great opportunity to do so.

Other than those nitpicks, the art is really nice. I always love the effect of shading with color and these purple highlights are great examples. And both have nice soft looking feathers. The Irion's subtle spots and the Cybill's shiny beak are particularly nice, I think.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

There's something I never understood about Darkmatter pets. They are possessed by Maleria, right? So why are they always attacking the Darkmatter?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I've been figuring it's because she makes them sorta... blind with rage, so they attack everything. Gotta be easier than fine control over many distant possessed bodies.
Image Image