Steamwork Illumis and Irion

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Steamwork Illumis and Irion

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

And the Steamwork pets start showing up again!

I'm of two minds about the Illumis. On one hand, I'd like to see its glowy belly and legs more; on the other, then it'd be posed like every other Illumis. I really like the Irion's simplicity, it makes for a nice, clean design.
Runic

Re: Steamwork Illumis and Irion

Post by Runic »

I'm currently playing through Metroid Prime 2, and I absolutely LOVE this Illumis. It reminds me of the Luminoth species...
Well, the feathery parts and the face remind me of it at least! xD

I don't know if the Illumis artist is secretly a fan of Metroid or if it's all just a coincidence. Either way, I'm tempted to create a fanpet dedicated to the Luminoth.

The Irion is fantastic! I imagine it was a bitch to fit it into the 200x200 canvas, but despite that limitation, I think this one is a success! At a quick glance, it's not easy to distinguish the front legs from the back, but it's not too much of an issue. wonder if the 200x200 will ever be raised to 250x250 in the future
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Original Illumis creator here* - and yes, I'm a big metroid fan. :P I actually wasn't thinking of the Luminoth at all when I made it, but they may have been in my subconscious!

*Up until a few years ago, so steamworks illumis isn't mine.. a robot illumis would be so fun to design, though. :D
Runic

Post by Runic »

-highfives- Hooray for more Metroid fans! xD