Chai and Dragon revamp (+ staff discussion)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It seems almost as if DNA's artistic preferences are being forced on pets just because she wants them like that. I mean, fine, with the Archan. I hate it, and I think its excessively muscular build is ugly beyond belief. But it's a new pet and there isn't anyone who already had one who could dislike the style. And reading the comments on the news, it sounds almost as if DNA's sticking her fingers in her ears and pretending that there were only a few people who dislike the new dragon. How does she know that hundreds of people are in favour of the revamp since there has been no poll on it? Not even post-revamp.
Neopets wishlists: here
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Oh, I was so tempted to post a slew of comments Tat/Chimera/DNA is saying, since I know the updates page will get a slew of angry comments. But I'm sure we're not allowed too -_-

Anyway, I'll just save the page.

Chimera's attitude is just so ...as she calls it. Crappy. I'm really becoming annoyed with her. We were promised a dragon change. What the hell happened? The DM and Angelic are flat out THE best dragons. Now they are going to turn into that over shiny, over muscled, and over generic dragon too.

Sorry if I sound bitter, once again we got shafted.
And reading the comments on the news, it sounds almost as if DNA's sticking her fingers in her ears and pretending that there were only a few people who dislike the new dragon. How does she know that hundreds of people are in favour of the revamp since there has been no poll on it? Not even post-revamp.
That's how I feel. A lot of dragon owners were pissed.

It feels like they don't give a rat's butt. I also feel like they 'waited' long enough so people could get used to it and/or give up. Thanks a lot, glad to see where our concerns went. Now we have the muscley magnus, it's twin brother, the muscley dragon, it's long lost cousin, the fat but I'm sure one day muscley mortikin, the thank god not muscley dragarth, and the soon to be muscley paralix (god I'm going to sob when that revamp goes through...)

I'm really becoming depressed by this.
Last edited by Sarivonne on 24 Aug 2007 08:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Blah! WTH? They revamp the Dragon, loads of people hate it so we get Keith himself posting here promising some kind of compromise on the revamp. We feel happy because we know there may be another version coming out. A month later we are told that it is staying how it is. So they just told us things we want to hear and then went back on them when they think everyone has forgotten? ¬_¬

Well, eventhough I don't have an Angelic or Darkmatter Dragon, they are two pets I really liked and after seeing her recent pets, the Archan and Dragon, I don't look forward to seeing these revamps by DNA. How could someone who gives us the awesome legendary weapons spew this crap?
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

This one comment from DNA really stands out to me:
And if you can't take my word of what Keith has told me--the head of this department--then there is nothing else I can say but go ahead and take it up with Keith.
Right. Because he's been so awesome at explaining things to people, huh?
Keith wrote:We're still working on a compromise that everyone likes. I'm not going to give a time that it'll happen, but we are working on it.
That's from this board. I was excited. DNA is being a child about this, throwing out invisible numbers and "EVERYONE LIKED IT BUT YOU."

I'm not arguing on the newspost anymore because it's obviously not changing, but I'm still really upset to see that staff didn't learn a single thing during the drama surrounding the dragon revamp (wasn't that thread in the forums getting locked and unlocked constantly?).
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Mayhem wrote:I'm not arguing on the newspost anymore because it's obviously not changing, but I'm still really upset to see that staff didn't learn a single thing during the drama surrounding the dragon revamp (wasn't that thread in the forums getting locked and unlocked constantly?).
Don't bother posting on news, because staff will continually call your attitude bad simply because you pointed out they made promised that they didn't keep. Then they make you look like the bad guy.

I keep feeling like there's some favoritism behind this :( What about the feli revamp? It had mixed replies, but the artist is STILL working on it and the original is still there. But when DNA does a pet it gets out of the lime light for a few days and then people expect everything to be okay?

Dragon is the ONLY pet revamp I have seen that has gotten this much heat for it. I would think that's a good sign that people are not happy. It's not cool that the users are getting pretty much scolded for reminding staff of their promises.

I mean if DNA can pull out a new archan/species/etc etc, and 30 different weapons in few days, then surely she could spend some time working on the dragon?
Neocolours is a minority. Even if every single member on that forum protested something..it would still not even begin to scratch the surface of Subeta's entire membership.
Ouch.
Last edited by Sarivonne on 24 Aug 2007 08:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I'm glad that the one dragon pet that I have is unlikely to get a downgrade since it's a pretty heavy redraw as it is. Leave my hydrus dragon alone.
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Neocolours is a minority. Even if every single member on that forum protested something..it would still not even begin to scratch the surface of Subeta's entire membership.
Ouch.
Exactly. Great to know that we don't matter in the slightest, right?
Varicolored on Subeta
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Mayhem wrote:
Ouch.
Luxe had said something like only 1% of the subeta population complained (I can't remember, MYSQL since everyone who's pissed is eatting the server ;P) were pissed about the revamp. So apparently 99% loved it!

*sighs* The voice of people wanting a change were much more vocal than those who liked the revamp. In the sheeta revamp, there was also a small voice of people who wanted changes, same for the tigrean, but why were their voices heard? Why not for the dragon? I know the dragon is not as popular, but I feel there is a lot of unfair things going on.
Posted by DNA

Again. Why keep repeating yourselves here? Take it up with Keith.
Yes! Let's ask Kei- wait..his inbox is full...Keith I don't want to see your dog on youtube again D:...
Watari003

Post by Watari003 »

Mayhem wrote:
Ouch.
Yep, I guess we're the minority and the only people who don't like the dragon revamp on the whole site 8P According to the admins. yah right

I like how they pretend that the majority of the people likes the revamp and that everyone else are just whiners >.<
This is only revamp that has ever made me this steamed and I don't even own a dragon
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Sarivonne wrote:Luxe had said something like only 1% of the subeta population complained (I can't remember, MYSQL since everyone who's pissed is eatting the server ;P) were pissed about the revamp. So apparently 99% loved it!
I change my comment, sorry.
The powers that be of the Creative Department determined that the Dragon needed an attitude change to distinguish it from the other solemn, quiet dragon pets on site. There was no poll because we knew the change that we deemed necessary would not be well-received, but it was necessary nonetheless.

A few of you want to see numbers, and I think it bears saying that right now on Subeta we have almost 138,000 users. Neocolours users maybe makes up 150 of those, and that's being generous. If even 40 of those are regular posters, I will be amazed. As much as I like some of them, they don't even represent 0.11% of our userbase, and yet we are expected to fall over ourselves trying to please them, simply on the premise that they are more vocal.

It seems to me that the 99.89% of our users who aren't complaining are happy with our work (even if they aren't as vocal with praise as NC is with critiques), and those are the users we need to please.
98%, my bad.

Has it occured that probably 25-30% of those accounts may be inactive? =x
Last edited by Sarivonne on 24 Aug 2007 09:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Seerow on the post has a very good argument as well, concerning why the dragon wasn't polled.
I don't remember ever seeing a poll asking for opinions. Or a statement in the news asking for feedback on what we would like to see happen. There may have been a statement made in news comments to this effect, but if so not many people would have seen it before it was lost I would think. And the Forums aren't a good way to get messages across either as I and many others very rarely browse there. Without an official statement in the news, how are we supposed to know that you want specific feedback? There were numerous suggestions and feedback on the news comments from the little I read of them though so I don't understand how that isn't "the userbase not willing to settle."
DNA said she herself went looking for opinions, but didn't find anything other than "change it back." Of course, where you find great suggestions on what a compromise (and even some drawn suggestions) would look like, they're in the minority. So who cares, amiright?

edit:
Posted by Keith

It wasn't my intention, and I was under the impression we WOULD be making a compromise. I talked to the artist, among others, who said they WOULD be taking into account, and changing it. Clearly, I'm not as in the loop as I should be.
WHUT.
Last edited by Mayhem on 24 Aug 2007 09:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varicolored on Subeta
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

Sarivonne wrote:Now we have the muscley magnus, it's twin brother, the muscley dragon, it's long lost cousin, the fat but I'm sure one day muscley mortikin, the thank god not muscley dragarth, and the soon to be muscley paralix (god I'm going to sob when that revamp goes through...)
I know, right? In the news comments, it's mentioned the Dragon was revamped to distinguish itself from the other "solemn, quiet" dragon pets. How do we do that? By making it amazingly similar to the other dragon pets on the site. Screw your individual aspects, like those silly whiskers! Oh, Subeta.

Oh, and you know what I really love? The fact that we're using a majority liked it/minority are whiners argument. You might have some ground to stand on with that if there had, you know, been a poll. It's awesome how people keep bringing this up on the news comments only to be ignored. :D
Has it occured that probably 25-50% of those accounts may be inactive?
Oh, I loved that as well. Subeta has almost 140,000 accounts! And yet there only seems to be a max of 1100 people online at a given time (and that's during peak times; it gets down to 300-400 in the wee hours of the morning).
Last edited by Phibby on 24 Aug 2007 09:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
tallan

Post by tallan »

Right now I'm mostly ticked off by the insinuation that the only people who are unhappy with the Dragon revamp are NC members. I'm pretty sure I saw other people stating negative opinions in the original revamp thread, and to ignore them and focus solely on us feels like attempting to make the issue about us having entitlement problems, instead of about the actual complaints.

Gh. I'm one of the few - perhaps the only one? - here who love the revamped Dragon, but that doesn't make the way they've handled things right, not in the slightest. Personally, I'm happy that it looks the way it does and will continue to do so, but with the amount of unhappiness it has generated, the compromise Keith talked about really would've been the way to go.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

iceburgundy wrote:
It wasn't my intention, and I was under the impression we WOULD be making a compromise. I talked to the artist, among others, who said they WOULD be taking into account, and changing it. Clearly, I'm not as in the loop as I should be.
Keith's post on the subject. Well, I don't know what to think about that, I was expectantly waiting a revamp for the Dragons again, like so many others. But apparently that plan got changed.
Wait, so Keith THOUGHT changes were going to be made, but DNA never kept him posted and decided to just give up and leave it with no changes? Hmmm. Can't you get in trouble for not doing what you said you would in a real work place? :/ If this was any other artist, I would think they'd be punished...I dunno. I feel kind of betrayed at this point...
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

I'm confused. This gives me the impression that DNA did this herself and that she assumed Keith knew what was going on. This may not be the case, but again, that's my impression.

Or is this Keith saying, "well, we were. But now we aren't"?
Varicolored on Subeta