Chai and Dragon revamp (+ staff discussion)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

iceburgundy wrote:
It wasn't my intention, and I was under the impression we WOULD be making a compromise. I talked to the artist, among others, who said they WOULD be taking into account, and changing it. Clearly, I'm not as in the loop as I should be.
Keith's post on the subject. Well, I don't know what to think about that, I was expectantly waiting a revamp for the Dragons again, like so many others. But apparently that plan got changed.
Oh man, that's beautiful! "Don't like it? Take it up with Keith," only to be followed up with this.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I don't really get Keith's post. It looks to me like he asked for a compromise, DNA etc. said they would consider it and it turns out they didn't in the end as DNA loves her own art so much.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I get the first impression too, Mayhem. And I apologize if this is not the case, but I've started to gain a disliking for how some of the staffers handle things. I would however, like to applaud the art staff that can handle having to change their revamps, such as the artist for the sheeta and for the tigrean.
Watari003

Post by Watari003 »

It wasn't my intention, and I was under the impression we WOULD be making a compromise. I talked to the artist, among others, who said they WOULD be taking into account, and changing it. Clearly, I'm not as in the loop as I should be.
Am I the only one unsettled by the fact that Keith is out of the loop on this whole thing.
Is it just me of does it seem that Luxe and DNA are sorta trying to take over. Maybe i'm just being paranoid O___O
iceburgundy

Post by iceburgundy »

[edit - deleted my other post, Mayhem edited in the same quote]

Well, maybe what's going on is a really big misunderstanding. After all, I was going on Keith's word that the Dragons would be revamped, not DNA's, I assume it was the same for others.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i'm very new here and was a member of subeta long before i joined the nc forums. i basically joined because i was happy to see an active forum of subeta members.

anyway, my point is that it seems that neocolours members are being singled out as somehow different from the rest of subeta and i don't really understand why. i wouldn't have liked the dragon revamp whether i was a member here or not, and i have many, many non-nc friends who also dislike it immensely. i don't think the dislike is limited to nc members, as the news comments seem to be implying.

anyway, i'm just kind of sad over the whole thing. i don't have a dragon currently but have had them in the past and would've loved to see some sort of compromise.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

It's not just you, Watari. I'm as unsettled about it, too. I have a better opinion of Luxe than DNA (I've seen her be loads of helpful over in the Revamps thread and whatnot), but everything I see come out of DNA ... I just wince at. She seriously needs to be kept on a tighter leash.

I asked in the post what Keith's opinion of the whole situation is, but he has yet to post again. So I suppose we'll see what the true meaning of his comment is in due time.
Last edited by Mayhem on 24 Aug 2007 09:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I find it hard to believe they refuse to change the whiskers which is something that MANY complained about. I feel like this is a pride thing now. DNA is too prideful to change even a simple thing like some whiskers. I think now even if half the site was opposed, she'd never change it..
Is it just me of does it seem that Luxe and DNA are sorta trying to take over. Maybe i'm just being paranoid O___O
I don't think trying to take over..but I do notice they like to double team when someone gets upset XD
Last edited by Sarivonne on 24 Aug 2007 09:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Basically, what happened was I had a talk with her awhile back, when she asked me what she should do. I told her to find out what people thought, and make a choice herself (I like to give the artists freedom over their art, really) and she told me that she'd be changing it.

Well - turns out she changed her mind, and decided not to change it. So we've decided either

A: We're going to poll this, and see what people think, and put another artist on it (I think that DNA has had the salt rubbed in this wound enough) or
B: Create a new, thinner dragon pet, that has a few different features, but is slimmer and more for the people who dislike the current one.

I'm terribly sorry for promising a revamp that seemingly hasn't gone through, since I know it looks like I said it just to make everyone stop talking about it, and leave the problem alone. That wasn't the case, I really thought there was going to be a revamp.

:|
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I'm a bit bitter at the moment Keith, so forgive me for that. I'm not going to be holding my breath this time, but I'll just hope things will work out, since I'm frankly disappointed with this whole dragon fiasco. Good luck to you.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I'm really happy to see you respond here, Keith. DNA and Luxe have pretty much said that "NC is a minority" and therefore doesn't matter.

Personally, I'll be happy with either A or B. All I request for B is that an Angelic version be created as soon as possible! I do so love Angelic dragony things.

Thank you so much again for responding and please, please don't get our hopes up over this. ^^;
Last edited by Mayhem on 24 Aug 2007 09:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Keith wrote:I'm terribly sorry for promising a revamp that seemingly hasn't gone through, since I know it looks like I said it just to make everyone stop talking about it, and leave the problem alone. That wasn't the case, I really thought there was going to be a revamp.

:|
I honestly didn't feel that about you. It was a problem of miscommunication and happen in every business.

=)

Cheer up and go west, young Keith! =)
iceburgundy

Post by iceburgundy »

Personally, I think she should have told you she changed her mind about making another revamp, as the fact that there isn't going to be one seems to be what started this entire thing. But this kind of stuff happens.

Both of the solutions seem fine with me. I'd love to have another dragon type of pet, I love the Magnus and Dragarth, some of the Paralix, and the Dragon... well, we've gone over this. But a re-revamp of the Dragon would be fine too.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Yeah, I would have just dealt with it if she flat out said 'Oh hi no changes for you'. Then I can just give up. But I had hope which is why I had been pissed. I hope things turn around :( I had high hopes for the dragon and this was like salt on wounds of my own.
Watari003

Post by Watari003 »

Thank you for responding here Keith <333, it makes me feel very happy that you care enough to post.

Seriously, I would be also be happy for either A or B. I would love to have another kind of dragon........if I had room 8P since I already have a Paralix, and another dragon revamp would be nice.
Seeing as I draw my friends pets for them after they give me descriptions and stuff. And I just finished her dragon before the revamp and was like 'jfklsjlksgha WTF, I'm so not redrawing this for THAT' and yah.....I need to stop rambling

Once again thank you for posting Keith <333

Edit: jglkajglkjf;a, And WHY is subbie being soooooo LAGGY now arugh, i'm trying to mess around with my HA and other things and it's all 'lol lag......slow...more lag 8DDDD'