New pet! - Archan

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Kari

Post by Kari »

It's...interesting. The leg anatomy is a little weird, and the head is too small, but...I'd like to hug one.

I don't like the blue on the Cream colored one. But I like Adi's redraw of it.
derp
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

The news said we may need guardians soon. Do I smell a plot?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Archan is derived from the word "Archangel".
It's pronounced ark-en (or ark-an, if you prefer?).
From DNA.

I was calling it arch-an, that's cleared it up for me, well I wasn't unclear, just unaware. I feel I should shut up now, I've posted a lot here today. :oops:
painesgrey

Post by painesgrey »

i suppose the "bulldog" aspect comes from its body.. its hind legs are shorter than the forelegs.. and it's very bulky - even more than what you'd expect from a large male lion.

i don't like it. like other people said.. it has a very small head. i also think it's TOO bulky, but it seems a lot of the pets are becoming a great deal more muscular.

its paws seem a bit off - not anatomically, but as if it's standing on an uneven surface.

it also seems like its markings come into conflict with the shading, and its sorta makes my eye wander all over the place without making too much sense of the lines i'm seeing.

seems like it has a ton of potential, just not a pet i'd want.
ImageImage
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I actually like this. The paws make sense - lion paws are HUGE, as big as their own heads, or at least close to it. The fierce, yet docileness of it really appeals to me.

Now if someone can just go and create a Spider pe and/or revamp the Serpenths so they look like actual snakes, then my life on Subeta will be complete...
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think this is the second best nuclear pet so far, but the teal mane clashes with the rest of it. Angelic is okay and the colorfils are nicely shaded, but I don't care for it. I also think the paws are too large, but moreover I didn't want yet another cat. Albeit, one that is quite different from the others excluding the Medusa experiment.

What I really wanted to see from a new pet thread was a scorpion or spider. I never got either from Neopets, and Subeta is still sorely lacking in creepy crawlies. Even though I've got a potion all ready for a golden illumis, on that day far from now when I have enough sp for more pet slots, it's just too darn cute.
tallan

Post by tallan »

Eh. The Arid is pretty. But the species itself leaves me absolutely cold. Might be that I'm not generally fond of bulky pets, or it could be the anatomical funkiness others have pointed out, I don't know. I just really don't care.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

adi_gallia wrote:Arid and Marsh = <3
Agreed. And your variation of the Cream color is made of win.

The small head kind of turns me off, but now that I know it's not entirely lion-based, I'm more accepting of it. I'm not too fond of the Angelic redraw. The colors are nice, and I like the concept of the pose, but the proportions of the angelic version seem to be different from those of the common counterparts (the head is a bit bigger, the body seems a bit shorter, etc.); I can't tell if that's due to the pose itself or of there are genuine proportion differences, though.

This pet isn't really my cup of tea, but I still think it's a very nice addition to the site.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It's pretty but much too muscular for my tastes (and I agree the anatomy doesn't quite work.)

I'll have to see if it gets a nice galactic redraw.
TCD

Post by TCD »

adi_gallia wrote:
Archan is derived from the word "Archangel".
It's pronounced ark-en (or ark-an, if you prefer?).
From DNA.
I might have to find myself a name changing thingy and make myself some variation of "Reckonin." :-D

(Actually, no I woldn't. He's someone's personal character...but any of the other archangel's names would do rather nicely.)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I agree with the criticisms, but I still like the Archan -- I think it's his expression. It just looks so happy and nice. I created one, and I'm hoping for some great redraws. In the meantime, I think I'll make mine twilight (if I can get my hands on a potion -- there aren't many in trades, and none are priced... anyone know what they go for, usually?). The muscles don't bother me as much in that color, and I like the eyes a lot.

Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Cranberry - I tried getting a twilight potion the other day and the guy wanted 1.5 mil for it, so probably around that >>
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Cranberry wrote:I agree with the criticisms, but I still like the Archan -- I think it's his expression. It just looks so happy and nice. I created one, and I'm hoping for some great redraws. In the meantime, I think I'll make mine twilight (if I can get my hands on a potion -- there aren't many in trades, and none are priced... anyone know what they go for, usually?). The muscles don't bother me as much in that color, and I like the eyes a lot.

I have one, cranberry. What's your username?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Same there as here. :)

Edit: Thank you so much! Kiltti is very pretty now.
Last edited by Cranberry on 02 Jul 2007 04:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm ok with it. Body seams to be a cross between hyena and a lion and the facial expression is very soft, not at all unpleasing. My favorite part are two ribbons of mane flying in the wind (I'm a sucker for hair, ribbons, shawls, enc blown by wind).
What I don't like is geometric markings on the body - it's a very muscular pet and markings don't follow the shape of the body at all.

Oh, and angelic has a very dark thick outline - it looks very stiff on such a light coloured pet. And I don't like the face - it's a bit squashed and drunk looking. I feel angelic was additionally outlined in a great hurry.
Halos are a very nice touch though. It'll be interesting to see more redraws.
Last edited by zebru on 02 Jul 2007 02:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta