Ontra (Otter) Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Saturn

Ontra (Otter) Revamp

Post by Saturn »

It has begun:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Plus new colors:

Image Image Image

As far as I can tell the redraws aren't updated yet, they still use the old Otter name in the URLs.

I quite like Marsh and Cream, they seem to complement each other well somehow.
Last edited by Saturn on 01 Aug 2007 04:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I'm not really pleased with this revamp overall -- I still think the face looks weird, too mature and alert, not at all like the spacey, confused old otter -- but as I didn't own an otter to begin with and probably will never get one, I don't really care.

Arid, marsh, and cream are the only nice colours of this bunch. The others are just too bright and fake.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I like them ^^ and the little freckles are so cute, especially on the Nuclear one
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

The eyes on the Nuclear one are absolutely beautiful. I hope they don't change the Galactic 'Ontra' :(
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

It's new, Rusty. I'm positive that they won't change it. Why would they?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The nuclear one is nice. I think it's because it doesn't have the clashing teal and the spots of green aren't so messy. I'm glad it doesn't have boobs anymore, but I agree with Figgy about the rest. I'll never get one.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I like how Cream was done, the artist could have given it a horrible turquoise chest, but they didn't. ^^

Dawn isn't bad for a Dawn pet. I don't like Sun or Twilight because the chest and body fur look too different.

The same artist drew this as the Galactic one, they probably knew about the revamp, so why would it be changed?
Mindless

Post by Mindless »

I don't particularly like it - I had a twilight otter which was silvery, and now it's purple and black and doesn't suit anymore. The ones with different shades of the same colour on the chest look ok, but I don't like the ones with completely different colours or lots of contrast, it looks a little odd.It has a completely different attitude to the old version, it's less childlike which doesn't appeal to me.
The poll has the votes at 2225/1803/1331 for new revamp/original revamp/old pet which seems awfully close.
Anyway I no longer have an otter (as of five minutes ago) but a shiny new Field Illumis, at least until I decide on something more fitting.
Last edited by Mindless on 01 Aug 2007 05:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

I like it. =D It's one of the few nuclear pets where the eyes don't creep me out, actually...
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hmm the new revamp wasn't the most popular overall, which I think would have been fair 2225 liked it, 3134 didn't. I suppose the more options you add the more spread the poll gets though. I don't think this version is horrible and I never liked Otters so I just shrug this off.

But a Cream Ontra is something I might own while saving for something.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

adi_gallia wrote:Hmm the new revamp wasn't the most popular overall, which I think would have been fair 2225 liked it, 3134 didn't. I suppose the more options you add the more spread the poll gets though. I don't think this version is horrible and I never liked Otters so I just shrug this off.

But a Cream Ontra is something I might own while saving for something.
By that logic, we could have said that more people preferred it revamped than not. There are a few ways to interpret numbers. We went with the most popular revamp overall...the option the most people voted for.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I really like it. The Nuclear one is probably the best Nuclear pet that's been done so far.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Keshi

Post by Keshi »

Rustyblu wrote:The eyes on the Nuclear one are absolutely beautiful. I hope they don't change the Galactic 'Ontra' :(

The galactic Ontra will not be revamped because i also drew that..
Thank you too those of you who like the ontra c:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the eyes on the nuclear one. However, it has the problem that nearly all of the nuclear pets has--the radioactivity symbol is far too rounded along the inner sides. It makes it look more like a fan or a propeller than what it ought to. (If my explanation is confusing, just look at the "radioactive" google images. I don't understand how almost every single nuclear pet has their symbol messed up.)
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm another vote for not liking the ontre that well at all. As mentioned, it looks too mature and I think the muzzle is still too pronounced and the pet looks stiff. Its not cuddly and innocent anymore. Heck, not even the freckles are cute anymore. They're too uniform. I never did own one, but I had seriously thought about it when a name I was after would free up. Ah well, no ontre for me, but I can live with that. Nuclear is decent in coloration as others have pointed out at least.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets