Spectrum Lain

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Luxe

Spectrum Lain

Post by Luxe »

Alyssa (Illusion) has certainly been busy lately! I love the whimsy in this one, and if I didn't love my common lain so much, Mojito would definitely be getting a fun transformation. It reminds me of a crazy parakeet spinning flips on its swing or perch!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Spectrum Lain

Post by Seerow »

Man Illusion is kicking out these Lain colors!
This really is a very pretty bird! I love the pose and the colors. They may be the same colors used on nearly all Spectrum pets, but they look really vibrant here for some reason.

The flat head on Lains still bothers me, and I think always will. That's the one thing that is keeping me from putting this up for my "which Lain do I want!" debate.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It bothers me immensely that it's upside down.
Image Image
Badger

Post by Badger »

And the custom pet image code: <style>.pet img { display:none; } div.pet { width:200px; padding-top:198px; padding-bottom:0px !important; background: url(URL goes here) no-repeat; }</style>

...for anyone who wanted the flipped version of this, just 'cause I'm that nice :D
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

When it's right-side up, the head looks oddly shaped to me; like its cheek feathers are too "puffed out" or the top of its head is too small. That said, those brilliant colors more than make up for it.

The rainbow coming off of its right (our left) wing seems to be woven between the primaries on its left wing; I think it would have worked better if the entire rainbow was set behind the wing because the tapered end gave me the initial impression that it was trailing from the background; also, having something woven between the wings like that would probably make it more difficult for the bird to fly, magical rainbow or not. :p Overall, though, I really like this pet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I like the woven-in rainbow. Hehe.

It looks... ummm... much more "intentional" when the image is flipped around. As if it had been drawn that way, and then, when completed, flipped around because hey, birds can do flips! And then I start thinking of doing a barrel roll because that's a good trick and I want to strangle something.* I would rather it had been left more or less upright to start with.

* My usual reaction to prequel-Anakin.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im having a hard time trying to figure out how its feet are positioned. Is one them kind of up a bit?
Image Image
ImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

It being upside down also bothers me. I would never own this pet for that reason alone, which is a shame because it's quite nice otherwise. It makes it very hard to discern what's what. When righted, I notice a couple things like the weirdly layered feet and the white area connecting its cheek and neck looking oddly flat. The large rainbow is super neat, the small one looks out of place.
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

AngharadTy wrote:It bothers me immensely that it's upside down.
Me too, but there must be a reason it's upside down?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Because it's ever-so-clever?
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Because it's being kicked in the back by an invisible boot? Where else would all those feathers come from?
Badger

Post by Badger »

Just pretend it's not upside down; you're always able to use the flipped image when you actually get the pet :p

...The eyes on this bother me. I know they're characteristic of all Lains, but they just don't seem 'happy' enough.
The colour and pose choice are both nice though (:
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Okay, now that Im at a brighter monitor I can see the feet a little better. They look jumbled together, however, especially if you just glance at it. Otherwise, its nice .
Image Image
ImageImage
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

This one is not my favorite lain, the pose is very similar to angelic and I am not thrilled at it being upside down. I do appreciate the code being given to reverse it though. I am also agreeing with Badger in that something is wrong with the eyes. They remind me of eyes used on glacier pets, the kind of half-lidded look that many of them have.
Image Image Image Image Image
Turethir

Post by Turethir »

I don't like it being upside-down either, it just makes me twist my head to try and see it upright. XD The art is lovely though!
"Yes, it was very sad when the guy stopped drawing the deer."

My deviantART account
Click here to see my Subeta art thread!