Nightmare Feli and Graveyard Lain

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Saturn

Nightmare Feli and Graveyard Lain

Post by Saturn »

Subeta's really cranking out the pets lately, huh?

Image Image

This is probably the first Feli that I actually like. It's wonderfully demented looking, and I love its completely psychotic expression. The limbs are kind of... all over the place, but I kind of get the feeling that was intentional.

The Lain's pretty good too. Nicely scuzzy and gross looking.

EDIT: now with less BBcode fail!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: Nightmare Feli and Graveyard Lain

Post by hebdenhippy »

I quite like the Feli, I think the anatomy is meant to be all twisted like that, and it works well in my opinion. It's definetely scary, and the eyes look particularly creepy.

The Lain is rather nice too, I love how tattered the wings looks ^^
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The Feli has a very Joker-ish mouth. I really like its wings.

I don't like any of the Lains, so this one doesn't have much to stand on with me... I'm just not a bird fan. It does have a decent "ack that was a pane of glass" look, though!
Image Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I personally don't like the Feli much at all. I like the pose, but the face is not my taste. I don't like the recent trend of having the mouth line extend further than it should. I think that's what ruins it for me. It looked good on the Irion, but not on the recent pets that have it.

The Lain is quite lovely. It looks like it just barely escaped being someone's lunch. The feathers are nicely done.

Edit:
I made a few little edits to the Nightmare Feli and I like it much better.
I took out the grin and filled in the white part of the eyes.
Last edited by Fuzzy on 20 Oct 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I like how on the lain the orbs that float above the crest feathers have dropped down and are cracked.

I am not sure about the feli. I kind of waiver between liking it and not. I like the pose, though I don't care for the joker grin personally. Also, I realize it has appeared this way in other nightmare pets, but I like the pinpoints of white light for eyes better than have standard pupils. That is just my personal taste though.

I like your edit Fuzzy. I definitely like it better with the white part filled in, and the mouth as well.
Last edited by Nectaris on 20 Oct 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The feli scares me. I think I'd like it if it weren't for that mouth. :x And I'm not quite sure what's going on with the lain. Kinda looks like it was drowned, and I don't think that's what it's going for. :/
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm on the fence with the Feli. I love the twisted falling cat pose, but I can't decide on the face. On one hand its deliciously creepy, but I hate how narrow and long the muzzle is, especially the bottom jaw.

The Lain is pretty good too, I love the tattered feathers. I liked the little balls on the ground more when I thought it was his missing eye though :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The twisted Joker grin makes it for me. I wasn't particularly attached to my Dark Matter Feli, Caterwaul, but I think Nightmare fits her PERFECTLY. Now I must procure a Nightmare Potion. D:
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

It's taken me a few hours to realize it but I really do like both of these. I especially like the horns and the wings on the Feli and just all the detail on the Lain. I agree that I'd rather see pinpoint eyes on the Feli, and the pose is a little distracting, but the good points more than make up for it to me.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Boy they have been pumping out the pets. I like it, I hope it keeps up.
I like them both. Not enough to run out and get them. But I find them nice additions. The feli is yet another nice nightmare pet. Super creep, just the right amount of wisps and warped out features. I quite like what they did with the horns and wings. I'm not a big fan of what they did with the mouth. It just doesn't flow well with me.
The lain is nice as well. I like the details with the tattered wings and the scratches. It looks like a cat got to it. I also like what they did with the orbs.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

I love the nightmare Feli! If I had enough money to get a nightmare potion I would so get this pet!
I'm not much of a Lain fan, but I like the graveyard version anyways!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

*finally wanders in to comment on this*

I love -everything- about the feli except one thing.. its claws. I know it's nightmare so they should look deformed and creepy, but all I can think about when I look at it is how this poor thing wouldn't be able to walk ;_; Or about how its nails should be growing into its paw pads by now, and that makes me shudder xD The giant grin, however, is awesome, and I love it, and this is my favorite of Jag's felis by far <3

The Lain I'm not as excited about, although I think it looks properly graveyard, and I LOVE how one of its little magical antennae ball things is on the ground all broken - nice touch! I think the random cut up lines on its stomach are a bit weird, however - it looks like a bird that flew into a window and was then run over by a lawnmower. Maybe that's what Illusion was going for xD In which case, she succeeded to me xD