Nightmare Celinox and Graveyard Popoko

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Slugawoo

Nightmare Celinox and Graveyard Popoko

Post by Slugawoo »

ImageImage

I love the Celinox. It's not too deformed and there's not too much mist. Which are two things I hate about nightmare pets, so yay! :D And I can actually see the details! It might just be this computer, but ususally nightmare pets are really dark, for me.

The Popoko... eh. I couldn't even tell what it was at first. And it's head's just a big ball of (melting?) fur. Not a fan.
Goldenchaos

Re: Nightmare Celinox and Graveyard Popoko

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ooh, Celinox is good. Though the front right paw looks off a bit..other than that. Lovely!

Eh...popoko..just. ..yea, its just EH.
Image Image
ImageImage
lemonade

Post by lemonade »

I just love the Celinox - especially the dark blue color on the spikes and the face. It looks like as if it's saying "Bring it on!!!". The pose is really good, and the only thing I find a little strange is the front paw. Maybe it should have been drawn a little from the side?

I don't know what to say about the Popoko though... I don't really like Popokos nor the colour.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I really like the Celinox, but it's front paw is also bothering me - it's arm looks very sausagey because of the way it's holding it out. I think the angle here is a bit awkward, maybe something else could have been tried.

I also like that it's not insanely dark, but I don't think it looks particularly nightmareish. It doesn't have that crazy look most nightmare pets have on its face, it just looks like a big growly kitty.

The popoko is a little too overdone, graveyard wise, for me. I like that it's collar is a noose, but I hate that its arms are even skinnier than the rope on the noose. I like the IDEAS used on it, I just think using all the ideas on one pet might have been a bit much.

Also, like the cybill, this pet looks HUGE O_o; especially next to the celinox.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really really love the Celinox, especially the nice snarly face and lighter color scheme. I agree that it doesn't exactly scream Nightmare though.

I like the detailing on the Popoko and the idea of the collar becoming a noose, though I skipped right over that part the first time I saw it. I love the melting skin/fur on the face and glazed over eyes. The bone showing on the tail is a little odd though, as are the uber skinny arms.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like the Celinox precisely because it's NOT your standard Nightmare. I'm not a Nightmare pet fan in general. I agree that the right paw is a little funky, though.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Image Image
ImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yeah, the popoko is too melty for me. It's not really a scary zombie so much as one you'd find immobile in a corner and occasionally poke it with a stick. I agree the the celinox isn't very nightmarish, it looks more like an angry twilight pet, but I kind of don't care.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Wings, I too like it because it doesn't look particularly nightmareish xD I was just pointing out that it doesn't. I wish it's front leg was just a liiiitle different. That's really the only thing stopping me from getting one of these right now.
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

The Celinox is wonderful. The front arms look a bit odd, though. I would have liked a little bit more mist, as well. I'm also glad that you can see the details. Some people on the news comments where complaining it wasn't dark enough. Hmmm...

The Popoko is.... melting? I like the eyes on the bigger image and the noose collar is a nice touch. I was hoping for a cute undead squirrel thingy, not an unidentifiable faceless thingy. The art is lovely, though. I just don't think the concept works as well on the Popoko.
digiqueen11

Post by digiqueen11 »

The Celinox is gorgeous, there's so much personality there. But no, it doesn't look very Nightmare-y, but I think I MUCH rather have this than some dark blob most people can't make out.

As for the Popoko, I couldn't tell what species it was suppose to be at first. Now that I look at it more, yeah it looks like a dead animal that has decomposed to the point where it's mostly just fur over bones. Jeez, those eyes creep me right the heck out.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like them both, actually.

The Celinox is really well done. I do agree the right leg and paw are a tad wonky, but it's not a huge annoyance. People have said fairly well what I like about it.

I'm going against the grain with the Popoko. I don't like Popokos in general, and the forearms are WAY small and deformed-looking (or they seem so even in relation to the others, maybe they just stand out more here). It looks suitably dead and decomposing...like as if it lived much longer than it should have, with its organs barely keeping it alive, thus starving it and making the fur long but raggledy with sore spots, giving way to decomposure when it zombified. The eyes ARE very creepy, fitting I think for a Graveyard pet. I approve. :)
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I love the new celinox! I am very glad that this doesn't have the horribly twisted grin that a lot of the recent nightmare pets have had. I may have to change Treach into one of these, I have been wondering if I should leave him a galactic celinox or not, and I think this has made up my mind.

As for the popoko, I can't say I care for it. I always imagined them as rodents, and looking at it now I am seeing canines, not rodent teeth. Also, something seems odd about the tail, there seems to be a tuft of fluff there that doesn't really belong.
Image Image Image Image Image
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I LOVE the Celinox. I was going to turn Caterwaul into a Nightmare Feli, but this is so much better and it still fits. I wish there was a tad more mist and the eyes were a little more crazy, though.

The Popoko is melty and I think it looks ridiculous. It's quality is nowhere near as good as the rest of the species.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

digiqueen11 wrote:Now that I look at it more, yeah it looks like a dead animal that has decomposed to the point where it's mostly just fur over bones.
The problem with that is the perfectly healthy belly. It's round and squishy. After death, there is a stage of belly bloat, where gases build up and distend the stomach/digestive system. But that's very soon after death and it doesn't last. The skin-on-bones effect only happens a long time after the animal has died--it's kind of like mummification. The Popoko (even apart from the belly thing, which I'd bet was unintentional) has varying stages of decomposition represented here and it's just kind of odd.
Image Image