Nightmare Celinox and Graveyard Popoko

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Skidd

Re: Nightmare Celinox and Graveyard Popoko

Post by Skidd »

I love the Celinox - especially because I've been waiting so long for more Celinox colors. Won't fit my Beryllium, but I'm fine with that.

I must have looked at it for a little too long though - the chest fluff seems a bit strange to me in the underline, and I somehow imagined that the chest fluff looks a bit like a beard in this pose. And now I have a mental picture of a crazy old bearded cat. But it's still awesoooome.

The Popoko... eh. It's got too much going on. If the artist had just left the face on, and maybe had the tail a little less 'soaking wet', I think it would look a bit more composed and put-together. Lots of great ideas, but too many cooks spoil the broth or whatever it is. I didn't even notice the broken horn or the nifty emaciated shading on the leg until I gave it a good long look. It's just got a too much going on.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

...really? I'm the only one that loves the Popoko? Maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for that entire species, but... c'mon. A meltyface space squirrel! Adorable. I want one.

...woooooo!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I don't like the popoko. At all. It reminds me of the dead, waterlogged squirrel I happened on in the park one day. Gross.

The celinox, on the other hand, is very nice. It's very cool looking, and I like the colors (they're not too dark). But for some reason, it reminds me of a canine more than a feline. :/
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I really like the Popoko too, actually, though the tail confuses me a bit. I do think it could have been executed slightly better and wouldn't want one personally, but I do love the decaying face. I wish the Celinox's teeth were a bit bigger, and it blended a bit more with the background, but otherwise I really like it. Just wish it looked a bit more nightmarish.
Subeta: Thomas
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to keep Vesperia as a Hydrus Celi or splurge on a NM potion and change her. I might wait until the season passes, but the more I look at it, the more I want. Thanks to the artist who draws the Celis! It's really good to see the species get some attention. ^w^
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

The Popoko terrifies me, if only because of how many dead squirrels in advanced stages of decomposition I find whenever I do lawn work. Oh, ew. Can't get past that mental association. *shudder*

The Celinox is pretty and full of personality, and reminds me so much of this cat my grandmother had when I was little... I liked to call him possessed because he hated all children and therefore me, and would attack me Just Because He Could. It definitely works as a nightmare pet for me, if only because it's tied so much to my own nightmares. xD
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

I actually like the Popoko slightly more then some recent Graveyard pets. I was fond of old-school Graveyard as the scraggly, deformed, stitched-together monster color (such as in the old Mortiking, Ruffie, Paralix, Keeto, Malticorn, and some others), not the organs-spilling-out immobile pile of rotting flesh color. Although there are several things wrong with it, I think it shows some good creativity with the noose-collar, and at least it's not falling apart.

Nightmare Celinox is exactly what I'd expect a Nightmare Celinox to be. It's not groundbreaking, but I don't think many people will be disappointed by it. A good, solid Celinox color.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Nightmare celinox is very well drawn and is full of personality. I love the "I'm going to rip your face off attitude it has. The right paw does look a pit wonky, like others have said. I must say though, I'm a bit disappointed in it. I'm a big fan of nightmare and I like the deformed look they have going on. So I'm bummed that the celinox isn't more deformed.

I don't like popokos, so this one is meh for me. I do like that the collar is a nus. And I find I like they way the face and eyes are done. It's quite cool looking with the skin hanging off and the milked over eyes.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Since I don't see where anyone has mentioned it, the popoko's tail is actually severed. There is a small fluff of it remaining on the back of the popoko, and the rest of it is in its paw, thus the bone showing.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Now that you mentioned it I do see the severed tail..though , its hard to figure that out even by knowing its been sliced off. I just figured the tail was curled around and the tip of it was taken off.
Image Image
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Oh I hadn't even realized that was part of the tail. I thought it was part of the face that fell off onto the ground, which didn't really seem to match up or make any sense to me. Now it does.

It's still a little too gruesome for me, even more so than the Terracoon that stirred so many negative comments on-site. But it's very well done.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I like that I can actually see the details on the Celinox. That's a first for a nightmare pet and my screen I do believe. It is pretty and creepy and I like it.

The Popoko is utterly gross and that is just how it should be since it is a Graveyard pet. I like it. Not enough to ever get one, but I still like it. It looks demented and ready to gnaw your face off just because it thinks you look tasty. The melty look is really cool IMO and I like that Arbor went a different direction with this particular GY pet.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image