Nightmare Ruffie & Graveyard Devonti

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Nightmare Ruffie & Graveyard Devonti

Post by hebdenhippy »

Image Image

I really like them both! Especially the Devonti. The Ruffie looks nightmare-ish, but still in a cute puppy way, and I love its crazy grin. I think the Devonti is great, but I love Devontis in general. I love all the "tentacles" and I like the red stuff on its face. Another nice batch! The artists really are spoiling us this month :D
Goldenchaos

Re: Nightmare Ruffie & Graveyard Devonti

Post by Goldenchaos »

I drew a nightmare ruffie..ages ago.. though everything about is horrible in terms of colour/lineart etc, honestly.

I like the teeth of this one and the fact that, like the other nightmares, the smokey bits arent OVERLY done. Though its hard to see its fourth leg as the claws mix with the shadowy tendrils. You have to squint your eyes to see it.

http://arborish.deviantart.com/art/Grav ... -101561332

:3 Full version of the Devonti. I like this one, the eye especially. And the torn up ear. Its actually kind of cute. Though I question as to why its drooling.
Image Image
ImageImage
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

D'aww! The ruffie's even better than the NM telenine released a few weeks ago. If I wasn't broke, I'd get one. It's adorable; I love it.

The new GY devonti is very nice as well. I like the dreads/tentacles/ (worms?) and the lack of patches on the dreads. The holes in the ears are a nice touch, too.
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Goldenchaos wrote::3 Full version of the Devonti. I like this one, the eye especially. And the torn up ear. Its actually kind of cute. Though I question as to why its drooling.
The old one was drooling. ...That's about it.
lemonade

Post by lemonade »

I was just going to post the topic and my dad interrupted me XD

Anyway, I like the Ruffie too, the grin looks awesome, there isn't too much mist and the pose is lovely too! The only thing I find a little odd is how that cheek fur turned out (the Ruffie's left cheek). It somewhat looks like a blob rather than fur that's been twisted the other way. But maybe it's just me.

The Devonti looks interesting, I wonder what happened to its fur :D But the face really does "lighten up" the whole pet. Still, not something I'd consider getting.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I really, really like the Devonti. I think it's my favorite of the new batch of Nightmare/Graveyard pets. The wormy fur reminds me of Princess Mononoke though that's not the only reason I like it. The red eye, the tail, the tattered ears - I just like it all.

I'm glad that I have it as an option if I don't like how the Bloodred revamp turns out if/when it's done. I'm tempted to change my Devonti now, but I won't.

And I liked the old Graveyard Devonti though I'm having trouble remembering exactly what it looked like.

The Ruffie is OK, but I don't have anything really to say about it.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Oohh. I didnt even remember what the old one looked like. But a quick google search got me a few small images of it..the patches on the old one were so totally random. And un-graveyard.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

GY Devonti is very Miyazaki/Princess Mononoke-ish. I like it, actually, and I didn't expect to. Although the overall shading seems a bit... flat? That is, all the wormy bits are shaded so well, but the pet in general doesn't have much depth because all the colors on all the worms are the same. The ones on top aren't really different from the ones beneath, which aren't different from the ones in front or back....

I feel like the Ruffie is too cute, but I recognize that's kind of an odd thing to complain about.
Image Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I love love love the Ruffie! The grin looks great and isn't over exaggerated. If I had an extra pet space, I would probably get one. Plus, I'm one of the nuts that like Ruffies.

The Devonti is lovely, too. I did like the patches of the old one, though. The ear is very nicely done, but it creeps me out a bit. Reminds me of dried pig ears. XC Overall, it's a very good revamp.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, I love that purple shade used here, its lovely. I know it's used as an accent color on some pets, but it looks much nicer on this guy for some reason. I also adore that wicked (yet adorable) face and the tattered ears. I hate the feet though, which is the only thing stopping me from absolutely loving this pet.

Not a fan of the Devonti, then again I wasn't a fan of the old graveyard or of Devonti's in general so that's to be expected.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

AngharadTy wrote:GY Devonti is very Miyazaki/Princess Mononoke-ish.
First thing I thought of, too! Arbor, I must ask, was the boar god in Mononoke Hime your inspiration for this? XD I can just see the little maggoty bits of hair crawling around all curse-causing like xD I like it, very much.

The Ruffie, as usual, doesn't do much for me but that's just a Ruffie thing. I love its crazy grin, but the claws bother me, again, like they did with the feli - I understand, scary nightmare pet and stuff, but I hate the fact that their feet are totally impracticable for walking, heh. Also, I think it's head looks huge. Huger than usual xD
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Yes, the demon leech(orwhatever the heck they were) infested boar from Princess Mononoke has always icked me out incredibly. XD I'm beyond pleased at how many people are getting the inspiration. C:
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Arbor, you pulled it off so well! It was the first thing I thought of, instantly - especially with the little floaty maggots coming off the devonti XD Awesome job <3
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

And I thought I was an over-zealous fangirl for thinking "Miyazaki" when I first saw it in the news. :) Now that I know that was intentional, I may need to get one of these at some point.

Not that fond of the Ruffie, moreso because It's A Cute Puppy Pet than anything particular about the art. I can't think of anything to say about it.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

My first thought on seeing the graveyard devonti was Princess Mononoke. You did a great job at capturing the likeness of the curse on the boar Arbor! I also like that it's drooling and the sickly look to it. A great addition to graveyard.

I have the nightmare ruffie a good addition as well. It's got the deformity going on and not to many wisps. Also I don't find it to dark. Now it's not one of my top nightmare pets just cause I'm not a ruffie fan. But it is a nicely done.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel