Nightmare Paralix and Graveyard Escalade

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
lemonade

Post by lemonade »

ImageImage
Another batch :o Nice to see Escalades getting a new color.

I like the idea of the Paralix, but I'm no too fond of it. It looks like it fell from a balcony or something :?
However, the mist goes great with the fur and the whiskers, and I really like the shading - it's like moonlight.

I don't know what to say about the Escalade - except that I never imagined how they looked without their headpiece
(is that even what it's called?). And kudos to the artist for making the things around their wrists into shackles :o

Any thoughts?
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

While I love how animated it looks, I don't think the expression or pose really suits the color. The right foot also seems a bit too small, even taking perspective into account (that may just be due to the body hiding the majority of the limb, though).

Ah man, I want one. But I have no room. :( It's not nearly as tattered as most of the GY pets available, but I've always been more fond of the less violent variations, and this is no exception. I especially love the layout of the bolder-than-average colors (ok, ok, so they're the exact same colors seen on every other GY pet, but they seem more aesthetically pleasing here).
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Nightmare Paralix and Graveyard Escalade

Post by Wingsrising »

I love almost all the new Paralix, but this is something of an exception: it does sort of look like it just smacked into a windshield or something.

The Escalade is great, though!
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Wingsrising wrote:I love almost all the new Paralix, but this is something of an exception: it does sort of look like it just smacked into a windshield or something.

The Escalade is great, though!
Haha, I had the same reaction. I immediately thought of a cartoon bird smacking into a window or something. Not my cup of tea, but the art itself is really good in this batch.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

..now I keep seeing the Paralix as having smashed against a window..its the back legs that make it look like that.

As Escalades are one of my favourite specices. I looove this. The front right foot looks odd, though, and comes off as only haveing two toes instead of three. Other than that. :D I want.
Image Image
ImageImage
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

The paralix looked to me like a rat you've just disrupted in the middle of eating from your pantry. But a bit "misty-er" definitely the facial expression I was getting off of the poor paralix.

The escalade looks nice and simple, good colours...nice to know what is really under his "helmet".
ImageImageImage
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That escalade is awesome! :D I want one because it's so cool. It looks thin, and ragged, and greasy, and just awesome. My bat gallery, however, is leaving me poor, so I can't afford a graveyard potion.

The paralix on the other hand... :/ Meh. The pose really isn't working for me at all. The windshield description is comptely accurate. It's legs look so splayed that they almost look broken.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I like the expression on the paralix, as well as the horns and the mane. I am not too enthused about the hind legs however. I really really want to like the nightmare paralix, as they are my favorite species along with endeavor and mahar, but the legs bother me too much.

I am also not that impressed with the escalade. It is probably an accident, but the line of the neck is continued on its muzzle and looks like a hair or pin is poking it in the nose. Something else is bothering me, though I can't put my finger on it. I do love the feet however, and the shackles.
Image Image Image Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I admit, I'm a bit disappointed in the paralix - I've really gotten myself anticipating awesome redraws and this one just isn't that awesome to me ;_; The pose is a bit too broken, and I don't think the expression is 'nightmare' ish enough.. I think it would have looked awesome if it had the sliiiightest hint of a grin, instead of just a snarl - that woulda make it look completely off its rocker, which I think would have been awesome xD I do like that Keshi used the palette in a way that keeps the colors light enough to see the details, however :3

I love the escalade! I love its fuzzy ear *pets its fuzzy ear*, and it's bony tail, and I love how it's so emaciated we can see its individual toes. It's so cool to see what there is of an escalade once you get around its giant helmet and large amounts of fur :3 It's a bit plain, but I like that - I tend to be more fond of the plainer graveyard pets. I also love the slightly sickly hue of its gold eyes, very nice.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I kinda like the "I ran into a window" feel of the Paralix, but I doubt that's what Keshi was going for. I really like the horns though, and they eyebrows becoming the wisps.

I adore the Escalade, and I hate Escalades! If I had any space whatsoever I would get one, and am still debating maybe changing Lindsay into one (Did FMD draw this? It would be highly amusing to have a pet named Lindsay and a pet drawn by a Lindsey :P ). I love that you can actually see the structure of the Escalade and not just its mountain of fur. And the anklet thingies turning into shackles is brilliant. Much love for this pet. Is there a larger version anyway does someone know?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

FMD did in fact draw it, Seerow ;D That would be rather funny, it might make her twitch because of the A XD
Badger

Post by Badger »

Jessibean wrote:I think it would have looked awesome if it had the sliiiightest hint of a grin, instead of just a snarl
Doesn't it? I saw the expression and was totally thrilled because it looked like it was grinning maniacally, which kind of fit the twistedness. Like the Feli.
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see it as a snarl Dx
Last edited by Badger on 28 Oct 2008 01:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

That would be funny! XD

Also, your wish is my command.
<3
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Badger wrote:
Jessibean wrote:I think it would have looked awesome if it had the sliiiightest hint of a grin, instead of just a snarl
Doesn't it? I saw the expression and was totally thrilled because it looked like it was grinning maniacally, which kind of fit the twistedness. Like the Feli.
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see it as a snarl Dx
Yeah, I was just examining it (Before your post) and thought maybe its mouth was curving up slightly after all, so it is.. kind of grinning? But I wish it were a bigger, more maniacal grin. It just seems to fit, with all the teeth xD
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Something about the Paralix makes me think it's trying hard not to smash into a windowpane mid-flight, or it already did smash into one (*looks up earlier in thread* hey, I'm not the only one who had this thought!). I like the idea, but it... I don't know; it seems too much like it's having fun for "nightmare." xD Not that I don't like it.

Also, I am sick of liking all the Escalades. Dx WHYYYYY? I don't have that much room!