Nightmare malticorn & Graveyard Archan

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
sezrin

Nightmare malticorn & Graveyard Archan

Post by sezrin »

ImageImage

Probably my favorite Malticorn, even if the back legs looks very short compared to the front legs. The Archan seems a bit busy and almost too bright?
Rustyblu

Re: Nightmare malticorn & Graveyard Archan

Post by Rustyblu »

Malticorn is awesome. I love the pose and facial expression and it uses the perfect amount of fog.

Archan seems too yellow :x For some reason it gives off the feeling it just got pulled out of the ocean?
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

There's something with the Malticorn that makes me look at it with a bit of distaste. I know how the perspective is supposed to make it seem bigger as it gets closer , but for the way the hind legs are placed, they should have been drawn slightly longer. Not to mention that the left front leg, especially the hoof look wonky.

I believe the Archan was designed to look like it has drown, on that end it's fairly nice. Even if I agree that it's too busy and too yellow. :/
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I actually like the yellow on the archan, it is a nice change from the usual colors of the graveyard pets. I am having a little difficulty figuring out what exactly it is supposed to be doing however.
Image Image Image Image Image
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Is that Archan... eating itself? I'm also having a really hard time telling what's happening there. Also, what's going on with that chunk of red in it's mane? Is that a parasite, or just torn flesh, or what? Because I have no idea. It's a shame, because I actually like the way this Archan is drawn. Nice lineart, nice shading... but I can't tell what happened to it. :\

As for the Malticorn... eeeh. I don't know. I want to like it, I really do, but I can't. It's back legs, as well as it's front right leg, are way too small. The hoof on the front right leg also looks rounded instead of pointy because of the mist there. The whole thing just looks really... wonky. And not in an awesome, twisted, nightmare way.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Wow, the Malticorn would look mighty fine for Hamrlik, which I planned to make a NM Demi, as soon as these would be released. But, this is a clearly good alternative! I like!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I think the Archans head is falling off? Kind of confusing , above the head area theres a bone there...is that the spine?

I like the Malticorns face, and front half, but the lower, the legs, are too small:

Image I attempted a redline, ignore the redlines at front legs/body, I was using it as a guide.

Other than that, I like the twisted horn. :) Fitting!
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I actually really, really like the Malticorn, even if I think its back legs are incredibly screwed up. I love the face and the running pose and the way the whispies are flying off its body while it runs. Mostly, however, I love the face, hee. And the mouth! My problem with Rah's pets tend to be that all the mouths look the same, no matter what pet it's on (like.. the mouth on the anyu - a giant bear - looks the same as the mouth on the ruffie... a dog I imagine is about the size of a cavalier king charles) - I guess that's why I like her koras so much xD But the mouth here is awesome, and just really matches the pet so well, I like. I wish I could think of what to do with one - this is by far my favorite nightmare pet so far.

The archan does nothing for me, as archas tend to do, but this one... It's like... the color of a grass stain on a baseball uniform o_o And like most others, I don't really understand what's going on with it here, so it really falls short of impressing me at all.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I love the Malticorn! It is by far my favorite Nightmare pet and I would have to say, my favorite Malticorn redraw as well. I can't even be bothered by the obviously too short back legs. It's expression and the pose are just great and the colors used aren't so overpoweringly dark that I can't make out details. I can actually see the shading on it and I love it!

The Archan is very confusing and I don't care for it at all. The whole species has been a great disappointment to me from the beginning and each new color released makes me just shrug as none so far have really made me stand up and say "whoa". This is no exception to that sentiment. Too busy, a bit too greenish-yellow and just overall confusing as hell as to what each body part actually is and how it is supposed to work together.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I think the archan's head has been cut off, like the graveyard kumos. I think the head on view is what's so confusing. You don't get to see much of the body. It all looks like one big lump. I still have no clue what's going on with the mouth area. Is he eating his leg or is that the tongue?

The malticorn is lovely. The twisted horn is nice, but a bit hard to see. I like the pose, as well.
lemonade

Post by lemonade »

Oh my, I love the Malticorn! The pose is awesome, and the face is so beautiful! (And I don't even like Malticorns that much!) But I agree, thy should make the hind legs a bit longer.

I don't get the Archan... The colors are too green, it's too bright. And it looks more like a mutilated armadillo than a lion :?
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Malticorn is awesome :D Leg issues aside, I love how flowy and animated it looks. *Pets its fluffy ears*

I kinda like the Archan, though I can't really say why. I'm as confused as the rest of you on what is actually going on with this pet and the huge open sore in the middle of its mane is just baffling. But I kinda like it 0_o
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I really love the shading on the malticorn. The expression is awesome, and the pose is good. But my god, the anatomy. D: You guys have pretty much summed up everything about that, though, so I won't bother.

I want the like the archan, I really do. But it's just... confusing. I don't understand what's going on at all. :(
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Goldenchaos is right. The archan's head is actually disconnected completely. That's the spine hanging out.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Then.. is its head just floating or what? ;_;;;