Graveyard Lasirus and Fester Revamps

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Graveyard Lasirus and Fester Revamps

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Image Image

*stares stupidly at her BR Lasirus* Damnit, don't make me recolor you. -_-

I love them both. The Lasirus just oozes personality and the only thing that I find off about it is that it appears the skin on the wings has been sewn onto the bone (I suppose such a thing isn't impossible, but it made me mistaken the bone for different colored skin at first).

ETA: ...Wait, now I'm not even sure that's supposed to be exposed bone on the wings. :oops:

The Fester is the first Fester I think I've ever been fond of. I especially love the hair; it reminds me of one of the vultures from Disney's The Jungle Book.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 30 Oct 2008 02:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nectaris

Re: Graveyard Lasirus and Fester

Post by Nectaris »

I LOVE the fester. I love the general pose, and the eye as well! I like how part of the actual wing is showing where the missing feathers are, as well as the bald patch on its back. This is the first graveyard pet, other than endeavor and sheeta, that I may actually consider owning.

The graveyard lasirus is a definite improvement over the old one, and looks nice. The bony tail bothers me though, I first thought it looked like it was wrapped in a bandage. I think part of what supports this is how thick the are, and then when the skin reappears at the tip, it suddenly gets then again. I am also not that great a fan of of sewn together parts on graveyard pets, but that is just my personal taste.
Image Image Image Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I thought the bones on the tail were bandages too. The Fester is much better now. :) hopefully we get a full version of that as it looks like has nice details.
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The fester is exceptionally awesome, for a fester. And I hate festers xD The pose is very cool, and I love the mysterious black goo dripping off its face and down its beak. Gross.

I don't really like the lasirus, and it's mostly because of the tail... Bat tails do not work that way. Now here someone will say "BUT ITS NOT A BAT, IT'S A LASIRUS!!111" but.. .it's a bat. It's tail looks... way too weird. Not knobby and mammal like. Not a fan.

I do, however, like the tattered wing effect. But... that's about it.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I really hate it when they say "Its not a ______ its a _____" when the anatomy is critiqued. Of course its not that animal, but even if its not..isnt the fundemental rule to LEARN proper anatomy before you go on to distort it?

Seriously.

Nevermind, I keep looking at it, and I see bandages. Not bone.

I like the face, and I think the tounge looks a bit blue. . Heh, nice touch.
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well, to clarify myself, I didn't mean 'they' as in Subeta staff - I meant anyone xD; A fair number of people here do it too. But a bat is a bat is a lasirus.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

o-o oh, thats what I meant too. xD sorry it came out that I meant staff, since it is usually the users, here and there , everywhere, that point out ITS NOT A____ thing, in so far as Ive noticed when I glanced at the comments.

Maybe I came on too harsh a bit with that previous comment.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I adore the Lazarus and the Fester both - but I like the Lazarus way, way more. It has so much personality and its wings are just way cool. I haven't like any of the recent rash of spooky pets as much as these two; they are by far my favorites to date.

I don't want either of these, mind, but I don't want any graveyard pet, so it's not them, it's the color itself. xD
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The fester looks really dark on my screen, so I can't really see the head area, but it looks really cool. Very cool revamp.

The lasirus. I LOVE IT. And I want it right now. D: I was thinking of morphing Taminah into a chibi ontra, but this is way more better. This has to be my favorite pet released this month. Why must I be so freaking poor? D: The only part I'm really not fond of is the ribs. Ribs are one thing, but the belly still looks kinda fat. It's not working for me. And now that you mention it, the tail does look like bandages, but I know they're supposed to be bones. XD Not a big problem. I'll still be getting one eventually.
Jessibean wrote:But a bat is a bat is a lasirus.
Which is why I'll be adding lasirus items to my bat gallery as well. ... As soon as money permits.
HalfLucy

Post by HalfLucy »

I'm so glad I waited for the GY Fester to be revamped before using an elixir on Shakri :D

It looks great now! I'm glad they kept the black Marilyn Manson hair.

There's mold on my avocado D:

da: k e c e n (no spaces)
livejournal: k e c e n (no spaces)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, I really like the Fester :D The old one was seriously lacking, so its nice that it was redone so nicely.
The Lasiurus is alright. I actually really like the tail, and the missing eye is rather neat. I don't like the wings though, I'm having a hard time telling the membrane apart for the actual body, I just keep seeing it as the patches of multicolor skin most Graveyards have.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

These are both nice updated graveyard pets. Both big improvements from the older ones.
I love the missing eye on the lasirus and the tattered wing effect. I'm not a fan of how the tail bone looks. And like with Golden, they look like bandages to me.
The fester turned out great. The glazed over eye, the hair, the featherless wing, the bald patch on the back, the drool...I love it all. I love the pose too. The "I dare you to come close" look works great.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Sarivonne

Re: Graveyard Lasirus and Fester Revamps

Post by Sarivonne »

This is the first fester I would ever consider owning. Well done.