Graveyard Celinox and Nightmare Terracoon

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Scimthary

Graveyard Celinox and Nightmare Terracoon

Post by Scimthary »

Image Image

Perhaps it's just me but the Celinox is way too plain for your usual GY pet, I sure was expecting something else out of it, instead it's just growling at you with bits of skin off, and while having made the crystal on its back into bones, it's not enough, in my opinion.

The terracoons' expression is just lovely. I love how crazed it looks. On the other hand, the pose is even stranger than the Paralix and I definitely don't like the claws, they don't seem to fit.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Graveyard Celinox and Nightmare Terracoon

Post by Seerow »

I really like the Celinox actually, Keshi does a lovely job with them. I really like the smooth shading and the fur texture on it. The stitched up front leg and claw marks on its back are quite nice too. Looks like it got killed in a fight and is now back looking for vengeance. I hope Keshi gives the normal Celinoxs a touchup, not a complete redo, but something like the Paralix would be great for them think.

The Terracoon is pretty good for a Terracoon. I really like its face and the crazed grin. The toes look really odd, especially on its left front leg, though I do like the pose in general.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm not too fond of the Celinox, either. There's too much about it that doesn't look very Celinox-y to me. The face, particularly the muzzle, is one thing. It doesn't have the right broadness to it. The paws (the front paws, specifically) also don't look very celinoxy to me. The Celinox has these huge, powerful paws, and the one in the air looks very thin and dainy - weird enough on a GY pet, but weirder on the Celinox when I see its feet as being such a huge part of the pet. The pose is just awkward too, and it's back legs just don't seem to match up with the position of its tail. Not feeling this one, at all.

And I hope she DOESN'T touch up the celinox O_o I think it's pretty gorgeous on its own. Not sure what would really need to be touched up about it.

I like the Terracoon... considering its a Terracoon, but I agree, the claws are weird. Also, it's teeth look very... small here. I would think they'd be a lot bigger and a lot more crazy-like. I like the positioning of the front paws, however, it's so grabby xD
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Seerow: The coloring and details are definitely a must-add to the Celinox colours, but the pose itself strikes me as somewhat boring, when in comparison with both other GY pets and other Celinox redraws (I really love the DM one :P). But indeed, I agree, the artist did a great job otherwise :)
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

hm..the pose for the Celinox looks flat and stiff..this is most obvious on the back. The way the back spikes/bones connect to the back is very flat and does not appear as if they are coming OUT of the body. Same for the back feet, flat and one dimensional..er..as much as you can in a 2D pic. They kind of come off as being copy pasted and one is set lower than the other. Tail is much the same.. flat.

I do like the colouring.

I honestly couldnt tell it was a Terracoon at first. o_O then again, that pet I easilly forget exists , so..
Either way,its a nice addition to the Nightmare family.
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I thought it was my dislike of the Celinox that made me not like this pet, but yeah, I find it plain, especially with the recent releases (GY Terracoon comes to mind there). It's a dark green Celinox with a unstitched arm. I had high expectations, though...broken crystals or things like that.

I like the fact the ribs are showing a little, though. And, the flesh looks so good.

I like the small teeth on the Terracoon! It looks like it's coming back for revenge! =D Love it a lot...and, I must say, I like it better than GY, which I truly loved!I feel it looks like a Terracoon more than GY did! Great job!
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

In general I like the Terraccoon, though it isn't something I really want. I do agree that something about the paws is bothering me, though it might be the emphasis on it having three toes that is part of it(yes, I dislike mammal-like pets having only three toes).

I also like the celinox, though to me it looks like it is slinking off after getting beaten in a fight rather than looking for revenge.
Image Image Image Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Nectaris wrote:In general I like the Terraccoon, though it isn't something I really want. I do agree that something about the paws is bothering me, though it might be the emphasis on it having three toes that is part of it(yes, I dislike mammal-like pets having only three toes).
Oh my gosh, I totally agree! I wish I'd given it four toes when I revamped it, what, last year? I can't remember exactly, but with this one I was dying to throw a thumb like extra toe on it. Maybe I'll go back in one day and add fourth toes to all the terracoons xD Except the GY one...because I think I sneaked in a fourth toe there already xD
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The celinox isn't very graveyardish. :/ It looks like an oddly colored field celi that just got the crap beat out of it. But I do like the colors. Combined, though, it's just not doing anything for me.

And I couldn't even tell that was a terracoon. :o I don't mind the pose; it looks like it's leaping at you or something. But its head looks very big. :/ Of coarse, I don't like terracoons in general...
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I'm also in the "that Celinox isn't very Graveyard-ish" crowd, but then again, I immediately bought a Nightmare Potion to get the not-that-Nightmarey Celinox... so I suppose it's a matter of taste. (Hmm, two very mild redraws in a row for the Celinox. Maybe it's artist preference? Who is the Celinox artist, anyway?) It is good to see there's a nice "spectrum" of Graveyards to choose from, from the tame Celinox to the "edgy" Terracoon.

I like the Terracoon art, but when there are tiny wisps coming from each claw they always look strange to me. Small pet-peeve for that color in general.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I also agree with others that the celinox isn't very graveyardish. It's just so bland compared to the graveyards we've been getting. It's just a stitched up leg, missing fur patches and showing of ribs. That's it. I feel it could of been much better. The face doesn't seem very celinox to me either. It just looks different from other celinox. Maybe it's the colouring.

I don't like terracoons at all. But I do find the nightmare terracoon a good nightmare. I love the crazed expression on it. I find the claws a bit weird but meh. That can be lived with. It's a good addition to nightmare.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel