Seven nightmares and a graveyard

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Seven nightmares and a graveyard

Post by Tom »

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Good to see the Illumis get a new colour. The Tutani is my favourite, personally, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for them.
Last edited by Tom on 01 Nov 2008 04:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Subeta: Thomas
Pyrostatic

Re: Five nightmares and a graveyard

Post by Pyrostatic »

-staring at Montre- I've been waiting so long for it, and I finally got my wish. ;-;
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Jag certainly delivers on her nightmare pets. That montre is sadistic and I love it. That crazed grin, the 'im gonna mess you up' pose. The Cybill amuses me because it looks like it's trying to imitate batman and come out of the shadow. Making it AWESOME.

The illumis looks like a spider to me. It looks a little awkward, but very cool none the less.

The kerubi totally sticks out, but it's zombie walk is amusing.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The Kerubi looks so out of place being released next to these guys xD; Maybe they should have waited and released the kerubi later tonight? XD; That said, I think the kerubi is really cute. Not scary xD; But very cute, rofl. I want to pet it. Teeth and all.

Onto the nightmare pets... I don't usually like nightmare pets (...*pets malticorn >>*) but most of these, I like :3 I LOVE the wyllop! Big scary rattie! *pets big scary rattie and carries it around* RATTIE. I like how the wispies are rolling off the body :3 Very pretty.

I like the Tutani too, which is funny, since I don't like ANY tutanis. Really. Any of them. Except MAYBE chibi. But this is just very nicely done, again with the way the wisps are rolling off the body.

The other three are okay, but I don't really have much to say about them one way or another. Unlike probably everyone else here, heh, the montre is my least favorite. Its possible the tail is SUPPOSED to look broken, but it looks way too broken to me. And it's wings... look oddly placed. And the wisps here are a bit too random for me - it looks like Yoda, with white fuzz growing out of his ears ;_;

But the wyllop and tutani are lovely!

ETA - what's with a couple of random nightmare pets having one pinpoint eye and one.. like... @-style eye, like on the Illumis? O_o It looks silly that only a few pets have them now (the Illumis and the Devonti are the only ones, I think) when the pinpoint eye has become the standard for nightmare pets.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I actually like the cybill, it is a species I never expected to like anything of, but I love the face on this.

The illumis I don't care for much. I like the general idea, but it took me too long to determine that it was even an illumis. Even knowing what it is, I am having trouble figuring out what is going on. And maybe I have been playing it too much, but my first thought when I saw this was that it looked like the reapers from FFXII, especially with the giant claws.

I love the face on the tutani, but that is about it, but that is mostly because of the species.

I actually like the grin on the montre, I disliked the grin on the feli, but it works here as the mouth isn't open like the felis. I do agree that the tail is a little wierd, but overall I like the pet.

I like the wyllop, but it isn't something I particularly want.

At first glance I admit I didn't care for the kerubi, but it is quickly growing on me. I agree with the others though, it looks a little out of place with all of the nightmare pets.
ETA - what's with a couple of random nightmare pets having one pinpoint eye and one.. like... @-style eye, like on the Illumis? O_o It looks silly that only a few pets have them now (the Illumis and the Devonti are the only ones, I think) when the pinpoint eye has become the standard for nightmare pets.
The feli also doesn't have the pinpoint eyes.
Last edited by Nectaris on 31 Oct 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I abosolutely ADORE the Kerubi. The pose and expression are great. It keeps the feeling of the old one, while still being fresh and new. I might turn Trudy into one once she gets zapped back to female.

Onto the Nightmare pets.
The Montre is quite nice. The grin doesn't bother me on this one. The ears and tail look a bit strange, though. I like the pose of the Tutani and the swirly designs on the body are nice. At first, I wasn't sure what the Illumis was. The fur(?) around the neck looks a bit large. The Cybill is nice. The wisps are nicely done. The Wyllop is also very nice, but something about the nose area bothers me.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the wyllop. It looks demonic. So coooool. The back spikes are the best.

The tutani is actually good, and only the second one of that species I've liked. (I like the bath-toy feel of the chibi.) The markings are cool.

The kerubi is kinda hilarious. Is that a revamp? Or am I crazy? Wasn't there one before? That was a lot like this but different? The weird thing is that--despite the hilarity and my appreciation for the GY Kerubi--it kinda looks like old art. There's no definition of the head-wing-bones and it's very cartoonish overall.

I don't like the montre--I am very sad, I only like old montres, haven't liked any of the newer ones--and while the idea of the illumis is great (claws, cool), I don't care for the execution at all.
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'm happy that someone was able to do something with my nightmare illumis sketch. :D *wonders who finished it* It turned out nice to me. <3

I think that tutani is my favourite so far. Has kind of a sharky feel to it. XD
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I very much like the tutani and cybill. They look so freaking awesome. The wyllop and montre are very nice, too. I'm not sure about the illumis, though. I don't think it looks very illumis-y. I had a hard time figuring out what it was.

The kerubi is comical. XD It's got the same expression my friend had earlier today. Is it a revamp? I could have sworn we had one already, but my memory isn't perfect. :/
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:( these are always too dark for me to pick out details . And no, I wont lighten up my monitor just to see them.

Nice batch, nonetheless!
Image Image
ImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

There's the old GY kerubi :) I tried to keep a few features the same - the huge grin, the bandages, not too much gore.

It does look SO out of place in that news post though xD It should have taken the place of the NM terracoon in the earlier news release or something. I KNOW THAT NOW.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I also find the kerubi cute and quite funny. I love that it's doing the zombie walk. It's a nice stand out from the other graveyard pets. And it's such an improvement from the old one. Good job Rah!

All the nightmare pets are nice additons tot he nightmare colour. My favorites are the montre (love the grin and the way the wings look), wyllop (evil rattie, yay! I love what the wisps are doing too) and the tutani (the shark look is great).
The illumis is good but I'm not a fan of the pose. I can't really put my finger on it but it doesn't look right. I love the claws it's sporting though.
I don't like cybills but the nightmare is quiet cool. Though I don't like the pose ont his one either. It's not very sinister looking. It looks like it's trying to fly.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I really like the tutani. I don't know what it is, but I've really grown to love the redraw colors. I wish I had saved my nightmare potion and had a place for a graveyard one somewhere too.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Well, I actually really like the Illumis.I think it is my favorite out of this batch. It looks pissed and ready to kill. The Montre is well done, but the tail bothers me...a lot. The Cybill is kinda funny and not scary at all...which makes me like it in a weird sort of way. The Wyllop and the Tutani are also well drawn, but just don't do much for me personally.

The Kerubi is fantastic. I love it very very much. I would almost own it, but I just don't like Graveyard enough to have one year round. The zombie walk pose is perfect and the demented grin is funny as hell. This was a wonderful revamp.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Montres have kind of gravity-defying, thin tails anyway, but recent montres have had much too thin tails. The glacier one is still the worst for that, but this is pretty hard to ignore. It looks very out of place. Even another couple pixels of width would make me feel a little better.
Image Image