Seven nightmares and a graveyard

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Badger

Re: Five nightmares and a graveyard

Post by Badger »

The Montre seems a little too... stationary for a colour that's supposed to literally jump out (or at least step out) at you. The face is very demonic though and I quite like the wisps |D
The Tutani's well-done, probably my favorite of the species so far--it's fluid.
The Illumis has a kind of bold 'comic' feel to it if that makes sense. Too busy IMO :/
Hee, I love the NM Cybill. The pose and angle are great :D
I need that Wyllop. Preferably soon. Preferably now D:
The Kerubi's silly in the best way possible. I'm fond of Kerubis <3
/yes I really did feel the need to comment on every one of these
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Added two more nightmares. :x
Mort

Post by Mort »

Montre: I'm... surprisingly underwhelmed. My expectations maybe were too high for this pet, but it doesn't really wow me like I thought it would. The joint-less forelegs especially stand out to me, something seems a little... off? I wish I could explain it. xD
Tutani: Not bad for a species I normally take no notice to; the head and dorsal fins look really awesome.
Illumis: Eh.. I had to look at it a minute before I realized what it was. I like the claws reaching out towards you, but that's about it.
Darkonite: I wish I could see this one full-sized. ;3; The lines in the mouth are lost for their thinness, and thus makes the whole head look like speedy gonzales.
Cybill: I just have to laugh. XD It looks like a little kid trying to look scary in a batman costume.
Wyllop: Must. Have. o_o It's perfect for a dark ratty-like character that's been in my head for awhile.
Kerubi: It's so cute. ^^
Lain: I like the feet, they're very crow-like and awesome. The rest of the pet looks pretty cool, too. c:
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

LOVE the Illumis. I love its grabby hands, it looks like it's going to cling to you and try to tear you apart with them. It also looks like it might be chasing after you as you run away, screaming.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I... I... wow, I love the Darkonite... it's so... lovely...! The hooves! the horns! crinkly whiskers! cute tails! Dayum. *whimpers*
Image Image
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Woo, lots of pets!! I'm glad I saved my Nightmare Potions :D

MONTRE: The Montre is ok, but the tail ruins it for me. The snarly face is nice though, as are the wings.
TUTANI: My favourite of this batch, I love everything about it, especially those fins! The markings are lovely too, I think I'm going to turn my pet, Shark into this ^^
ILLUMIS: It's wonderful to see the Illumis getting a new colour, and it doesn't disappoint! Very creepy and spider-like, I love its eyes and its wispy fur.
DARKONITE: I really like it! I love its helmet, and the jagged ear-things. The tails are lovely too.
CYBILL: I love it! I've always liked Cybills and this one is adorable - but still in a scary, nightmare way.
WYLLOP: Not too fond of the Wyllop, the face is really nice but it's body looks strange. It's probably just me, but it looks kind of hunch-backed. I like the tail though, and the scary ratty claws on its feet.
KERUBI: Aw!! It's like a little Zombie ^^ Wonderful revamp, I like how it isn't too mangled. The bandages look good and I love that grin!
LAIN: It doesn't do anything for me, but then I don't like Lains in general. The wings are nice, but I think the nightmare mist looks too, in the background...on other Nightmare pets the mist is like, wrapped around their limbs and stuff, and I think that looks better.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I love all the Nightmare pets, they're all so evil yet pretty *_*. New colour ahoy for Ratican since Nightmare fits his backstory way more than Bloodred does and it looks suitably sadistic.

The Kerubi is very nicely done, a great update, I do like the crazed blank expression, though I don't really like the pet enough to want to own one.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I too find myself liking the darkonite a lot, and it's brought back a bit of faith in this pet for me - I hated both spectrum and glacier, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for other great touchups to this pet, heh.

The lain does nothing for me, which is sad. I too love the feet, but other than that, it's very blah compared to other lains, I think.

The wyllop and tutani are still my favorites <3

ETA - Here's the full size wyllop for those that want to see.
Nectaris

Re: Seven nightmares and a graveyard

Post by Nectaris »

I really like the darkonite, the head looks so good.

I also like the lain, but I do wish that it had some more wisps actually coming off of it.
Image Image Image Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

The Darkonite is my favorite, but that's always been one of my favorite species. I also like the Montre and the Wyllop. I'm a bit disappointed that the Lain isn't more sinister because that was one I was really looking forward to.

But, really, there are too many here for me to form a coherent opinion right now. My strongest feeling is a disappointment that we didn't get a Graveyard or Nightmare Mahar - the colors I'd most like to see.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Don't the mahars only have one redraw color? It's sad that they didn't get any attention. :<

That aside, I love the darkonite. I'd like to eventually get one. It's so cool. I can't see a lot of the lain due to the weirdness of my laptop screen, but it looks neat, too.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm not actually all that impressed with any of them, which is sad considering there are eight. I think maybe its just that there were sooo many released all at once that there's just too much to look at.

Am I the only one who thought the Illumis was a Dillema at first?

The Cybill I think would have to be my favorite, which is surprising to me as I don't like Cybills. The Wyllop is also really nice.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
HalfLucy

Post by HalfLucy »

I'm going to have a hard time deciding what I should use my Nightmare potion for XD

The Illumis reminds me of Invader Zim, ahahaha. Aborted Fetus is currently an Illumis. I'll have to see to it if there's another colour that suits him better. I'm planning on making Andolyrus Glacier when the Glacier Tutani comes out. After not liking the Reborn or Spectrum Tutani at all for their "Barney Beaks", the Nightmare one is the closest vision I have of the ideal Tutani. Kudos to the artist.

There's mold on my avocado D:

da: k e c e n (no spaces)
livejournal: k e c e n (no spaces)
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oooo, two new ones popped up! Both nice ones at that.
The darkonite is really cool. It's just so delightfully wicked looking. I love the way the spikes and ears look. The face and grin are lovely as well. To bad the personality and pet itself doesn't fit my pet Amar. It's so tempting to own one but I don't have the room.
The lain is quiet nice too. I like the effect they did with the wisps. I also have the way the feet are jutting forward to snatch it's prey. The beak is wicked. Another nice addition to nightmares and lains.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel