Angelic Sheeta and Warador revamps

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Angelic Sheeta and Warador revamps

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage

Ohh wow, Sheeta is lovely!! The pose is great and so are the colors. The ears look so soft :D Only thing that is really bugging me about it is that the face seems a little bland, like there isn't much shading or fur depth or something to it. But its a lovely pet and a contender for my last pet slot whenever I get another plushie.

The Warador is fine for what it is, but Waradors creep me out so I don't have much to say about it. I like its staff though.

Edit: Here's the old ones:
ImageImage
Edit: I hate the new and improved Photobucket drop down menues @@ Can never copy my links.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Angelic Sheeta and Warador

Post by Jessi »

I love the Sheeta! I love how dynamic the pose is, and its muzzle area is just gorgeous. The horns are lovely and I love the fluffed up wings. I want onneeee. There needs to be more pet slots!

The Warador scares the crap out of me. Because of the position its in, the ruffy thing around its neck looks more like a VERY emaciated collar/neck bone area... which is odd, since its a plushie and I guess can't really be emaciated. It looks so here though. I agree, the staff is nice, but the rest of the pet just... ugh. No. It scares me too much. It also reminds me of the aliens from the Blue video by.. Eifel 65 or whatever that horrible band was. You know, "I'm blue, da-ba-de-ba-da-da", repeat for 5 minutes.

ETA - Seerow, I hate those too xD
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Angelic Sheeta and Warador revamps

Post by Tom »

Awww, I thought the old Warador was really cute, and find the new one actually rather scary. The art was pretty poor, but I definitely prefer it to the new one. The Sheeta is better, and I prefer it to the old one, but I don't love it.
Subeta: Thomas
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Holy #%$*! :@

My angelic Sheeta is now dead to me. I LOATHE this revamp. The new pose, colors, black lineart... everything totally takes away from the main reason that I got Shealyta. I loved the old art - it made her look so soft fuzzy and adorable - which in turn gave me ideas into her personality and treasure chest (she loves cloud, poofy and super-cute items).

The new wings are way to sharp looking and in an awkward position, and the new pose destroys her personality. It looks like it's charging headlong into something instead of calmly floating and having a good time. The facial expression is completely different and the eyes have lost that beautiful, warm brown-gold color, not to mention that the eye shape totally throws off the 'OMG! I'm so happy to see you!' look I grew to love so much. I don't like the blue color used either - it's too dark compared to the other soft blue used on the old sheeta.

Thanks a lot Subeta. That's the second angelic pet I've had destroyed this year - I'm so eternally glad I shelled out hard-earned money for pets I loved only to have them ripped apart.

I have no comment on the Warador as I never really liked them to begin with.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Well to be fair, the colored lineart was going to disappear sooner or later, since pets aren't allowed to have them anymore. The pose is extremely different from the old one however (though that doesn't bother me, the old one looked... uncomfortably folded, somehow, to me).
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Jessibean wrote:Well to be fair, the colored lineart was going to disappear sooner or later, since pets aren't allowed to have them anymore.
I will agree with you about that (even though I think black lineart makes everything look bad. Colored lineart is much better and more advanced looking, from an artistic POV.) but given the large amount of revamps lately that have kept almost the exact same pose, just with updated art and black lineart - why couldn't they have done this; especially on a pet where a lot of people may have had to pay actual money to get it?? Why couldn't the spirit and older pose be kept instead of something so radically different?

I'm regretting ever joining subeta. If I had know when I joined and began getting my dream pets that one day they'd all be butchered because they had colored lineart or were a year or so 'old' then I wouldn't have given this site another thought. All it's done lately is piss me off with all the drama and unnecessary revamps and everything. At least neopets didn't change their pet designs for the 5 years I had pets there (until the stupid revamp of the century). :x
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Neopets changed plenty of pet designs before they redid all of them with customization. The kyrii and jubjub come to mind first. Unis, Acaras, Cybunnies, Eyries, and I'm sure a lot more I've forgotten - those were all definitely redone within at least five years of customization. Less, I think, maybe 2 or 3. Maybe none of your own Neopets were affected, but a lot of peoples' were. And a lot of those pets didn't just get their basic colors redrawn, but got several of their redraws redone, too.

I agree. Having pets you love redone sucks, especially when its your own pet that gets affected and you don't like it. But it's kind of just... something that happens. The entire sheeta was revamped over a year ago. It made sense that sooner or later the sheeta colors would get redone - this one doubly because of the colored lines.

Not that I'm saying you can't bitch about hating it; please do so, by all means ;D But its definitely unfair to say Neopets didn't change their pet designs for 5 years. They definitely did.

Also, I have to disagree with the colored lineart. I think it makes the pets look washed out and faded. The black art makes everything look crisp and fresh!
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I loved the Sheeta as soon as I saw it, but now looking at it more closely and reading the comments here, I'm kind of 'meh, it's okay' about it now. The wings rather do look awkward in how they bend over like that and the back leg that we can see looks like it's missing something in between the leg and the rest of the body. The face leaves me to desire something more. I don't know, it just doesn't look like a typical happy Angelic pet like I know. It's got more of that "I'm sexy and I know it" type of expression. >.<

I do like the tail, the uber-cute fluffy ears and the colours closen. Very nice in those areas. I might consider getting one, with the way some Angelic pets are going ^^;;

Kind of a shame about the Warador. It is better art than the old one, but the old one had charm.... or something. The colours used, lineart and even the pose aren't updated or stunning, but they are better than newer one. I don't like the paler colour choice on it.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Am I the only one who's seeing something obscene on that Sheeta there? I literally can't erase it from my mind and it's ruined the pet for me... I'm sorry :O
Besides that, I'm not too fond of the facial expression which doesn't match up with the Sheeta's pose at all. It's like a Spectrum pet with an Angelic's head... The wings are quite nice, however. The Warador lost its cute face, but the art's definitely much improved.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, because you asked, if I try, I can make something out of the two toes, but really. It looks like a foot. It's a stretch to say it's something obscene. Unless you mean something else? I know I'm usually quick to jump on the "oh HO" bandwagon (I have a kinky/suggestive gallery on Subeta and even an aborted one on Neopets), but it's just a sheeta with wings to me.
Image Image
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Jessibean wrote:Neopets changed plenty of pet designs before they redid all of them with customization. The kyrii and jubjub come to mind first. Unis, Acaras, Cybunnies, Eyries, and I'm sure a lot more I've forgotten - those were all definitely redone within at least five years of customization. Less, I think, maybe 2 or 3. Maybe none of your own Neopets were affected, but a lot of peoples' were. And a lot of those pets didn't just get their basic colors redrawn, but got several of their redraws redone, too.

But its definitely unfair to say Neopets didn't change their pet designs for 5 years. They definitely did.
Well, I could be completely wrong then. I joined neopets back in like 1999 or 2000 and played for a year and a half, then took a 3 year hiatus, and when I came back, my pets (I had a few colored, and a few uncolored) looked exactly the same. I know this because I had printed out pictures of them to draw before I left for three years, and when I found the pictures and put them side by side, they looked the same. Maybe I just got incredibly lucky. :| Just seemed to me that in those 3 years I was gone, all the pets looked the same and were easily recognizable when I came back.

All I know is that if I did the same with subeta, coming back after three years away from the site chances are good I wou;dn't recognize any of my pets or items - especially at the rate that they 'need' to revamp things.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Lots of Neopets were changed. Here are images of all the revamps (not including the customization revamp).
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I love the Sheeta, a lot. I disliked the old one's face, which was not consistant with Jill's revamp, at all. In fact, I like it so much I consider changing Evgeni into one. =D

I love Squidiot's Waradors as well. Really love. It looks wonderful, almighty flying plushie. It's one of the species perfectly tailored for squidiot's style, and I'M glad to see this revamp :)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Wow. That Warador revamp is really, really awful. The lines are all squiggly and honestly look like something I tried to draw. My lines are always wiggly like that, because I can't keep steady pressure, so I end up veering around. Pretty much exactly like that. You can especially see it on the feet and the cap.

And speaking of the cap, it looks like the poor thing couldn't afford to have it properly stuffed and so had to make do with a bit of wool gathered from here and there.

If I owned one of those, I'd probably be pretty pissed off.

And I'm sorry to say, I'd feel the same way if I owned one of those Sheetas. I usually adore her redraws (I own two and may be getting a third soon), but like Elzaim said, I think this is way, waaaaayyyyy too much change to a pet people paid real monies to own.

Not only are the pose on both pets radically changed, so is the feel and personality.

It just seems very disrespectful to change an existing pet so drastically. Especially one people paid their hard-earned cash for.

And I much prefer colored lineart. The black looks so thick and clunky, even with thin lines.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I understand the whole 'people paid real money for this pet' thing, but obviously no one was complaining about it when the Angelic Cadogre or Angelic Ruffie got revamped, for example - because most people agreed that the old ones were so awful. I mean, its probably disrespectful to anyone who owned those pets, but I get the feeling they were few and far between. I think it just seems worse here because the Sheeta's a more popular pet.

As soon as Subeta's stable for more than five minutes, however, i'm turning Amabelle into one of these XD I just love it so much.