Spectrum Celinox and Spectrum Mallachy (revamp)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Spectrum Celinox and Spectrum Mallachy (revamp)

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
The Celinox is so very very gray :( Where's my pretty white kitty! This is actually the first of Keshi's Celinox that I don't like which is sad since I was planning on painting Daisy Adair this. The face is very vertically squished and the left arm seems rather stumpy. I do really like the swirly spikes though.

The Mallarchy is a nice improvement over the old :D I don't remember if the old one had the rainbow stars on the forehead, but I think they are a lovely touch. Solid revamp Rah!

Edit: Image
Old Mallarchy.
Last edited by Seerow on 04 Feb 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
lemonade

Re: Spectrum Celinox and Spectrum Mallachy (revamp)

Post by lemonade »

I absolutely adore the Celinox! The pose is wonderful and the face is so much better than on the Angelic one. The fur looks so soft and silky, and the random splotches of paint are adorable. I agree with what you said about the left arm - it should be bent a bit higher up the leg. I just took a look at my cat and her wrist is at about 1/3 of the length of her forearm. A cat bends its fingers like the Celinox does when it's licking it to clean its head, not when it's jumping/running. This image might be a good example.
Anyway, it doesn't bother me that much - this pet is going to hurt my bank account in the future XD

As for the Mallarchy - I'm not a Mallarchy fan, but I do like the stars on the forehead and the blue eye looks very pretty.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm not feeling the Celinox either, for the same reason as Seerow - it's way, way too grey. It kind of dulls out the whole rest of the pet to me. Also, there's something about the face that seems off - the muzzle doesn't really look like a Celinox muzzle, and the right eye (our left) looks... almost like it's not there. At the very least, it looks like its looking another way. Like a lazy-eye Celinox ;_;

I'm sad, because I was really looking forward to this pet ;_;

I actually really like the Mallarchy - it looks SO much better, Rah did an awesome job improving it! The rainbow stars on the head are a great idea, and I really love its tail here xD The black looks especially vibrant against the white belly :D
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I love the celinox! I adore the greyness, actually (and the little splotches of color). It's different, and I think it works well for the celinox, where it might not for some other pets. The only thing that really bothers me is how long the cheek fluff is. It could possibly be shorter and more lynx-like, like the colorfills, but it doesn't bother me as much on the spectrum as it did on the angelic. I really want one of these, but I'm kinda really poor and have no free pet slots for such a pretty pet. :<

And, I actually like the mallarchy as well (remember the last mallarchy thread where I said I wasn't a duck person?). If I was going to own a mallarchy, it would have to be spectrum, because I don't like any of the other colors. I don't remember what the original looked like, but I probably didn't like it, either. This revamp looks so cute and fluffy and happy. And even though I still won't ever own a mallarchy, I still like this one very much.

Edit: Hahaha, you edited in the old pic as I was typing. I was right, I don't like the old one. XD
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like them both, actually. I like the greyness and the fluffiness of the Celinox and I might consider getting one if my Celinox wasn't the more serene type. The rainbow crystals are a nice touch.

The Mallarchy looks like's he's happy to be playing with his little rainbow! A huge improvement over the old one, which looked like he stepped in his little rainbow and found it unpleasant like dog poo. I especially like the wings, they were well done. :-) And the stars are a nice touch.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Oh, wow, I love the celinox. I've needed a less-cutesy Spectrum pet for one of my characters, and unless they come out with a spectrum mahar that makes me change my mind, I might be tempted to go for this one. x) I love the splotches, the coloured crystals... and I think the long face fluff would bother me if my own cat hadn't looked an awful lot like that. (Oh, wow. That's why I like it. It looks like Rosa-Lee, a little bit.)

The mallarchy... is a mallarchy. But it's an improvement art-wise, so it's good. <3
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

The Celinox is colored very nice. I think it's so pretty. The gray just adds to it for me.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Seerow wrote:I was planning on painting Daisy Adair this.

I just wanna say, Dead like me.

Anywhoot. I like the revamp on the mallarchy a lot and it shows how much Rah has improved.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Great mallarchy. The wings look cool. I like the purdy star-speckles on its forehead.

I like the celinox, too; the grey doesn't bother me, although I think it could have been a bit lighter overall. But it's pretty. The spikes are so lovely.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I totally love the celinox. It's just so pretty. I haven't really been a big fan of the recent celinox redraws but this one takes the cake. The splotches are great, the different colour spots and I like how the eyes are two different colours. I adore the rainbow crystals, they are just so pretty. The grey also doesn't bother me. I think it works great and adds some variety with the spectrums. The left front paw does look odd but I can live with that. Great job Keshi! This has just become a backup pet for my Daray. If I happen not to like the spectrum paralix when it comes out (I doubt it but you never know), Daray shall be this.

The mallarchy turned out great too! It's sooooo much better then the old one. The shadeing is so nice, the wings look great and I like the stars on the forehead. This is my favorite of the mallarchy, definitely. Great job Rah!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

http://combuskensflame.deviantart.com/a ... -111825489

Large version of the Celinox, which I like much better :D
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

My GOD is that Celinox beautiful! This is just what the species needed. I like the species quite a bit actually. Their colorfills are quite dull, but their redraws are amazing (Darkmatter, Nightmare, Chibi etc.) and now spectrum! Must...resist....morphing.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

the new mallarchy is just so realistic. way more than the old.
the celinox is just a masterpiece though. its awesome.
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!