Shy Newbie Here...

New members, post here to introduce yourself!
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Shy Newbie Here...

Post by Kali_Lupine » 03 Dec 2010 01:54 pm

Hi, I'm new but I am familiar with NC, my lovely wife is Alicorn on here. I am Talexia on Subeta and Kali_Lupine on Neopets. I go by Kali, my nickname, but I will answer to almost anything should you be so moved to address me by another name. I spend most of my time on Subeta, where I enjoy hoarding items and dressing my HA. I don't do much on neopets other than hoard items, I am a huge packrat.

When I am not online I am usually reading, be it traditional book or an e-book on my kindle. I am a fairly fast reader with a broad range of interest in genres. My favs are true crime and literary fiction, although I do read other non fiction from time to time. If you have any books sujestions, feel free to let me know...baring romance and sci-fi/fantasy please. I don't watch any TV, it can't hold my wandering mind for long enough for me to enjoy it. I do, however, enjoy some videoa games, specifically pokemon, which I can play obsessively sometimes. I love leveling up my fav pokemon, and my goal is to have one of every final evolution at level 100. (I think I have around 25 level 100s right now)

That said, I am exceedingly shy, but I am sure it will be understood here. I am familiar with some of you here, and your friendship with Alicorn has let me gather my courage to a sufficient degree to allow me to post.

Well there, that's me. I look forward to making new friends, and getting to know old ones better.

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Shy Newbie Here...

Post by AngharadTy » 03 Dec 2010 02:08 pm

Yay, you joined! You were an honorary NCer already, and now you can be one in fact, too. =)

That is a lot of level 100s to me; I think I probably have about 10 and I thought I was doing well, hehe! I'll have to work harder, obviously. That's a hell of a goal, though, wow.
Image Image

Faun

Post by Faun » 03 Dec 2010 02:25 pm

Oh, so you were the one who was asking me about my wishlist on Subeta! Welcome! I'm really shy too. I never even made a newbie board when I first joined because I was too scared to post. :)

I think that I have about 20 level 100s on my Pearl game. I was aiming to get a lot more, but I don't have a DS at the moment. :(
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter

Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah » 03 Dec 2010 06:25 pm

Welcome! It's great that you joined! It feels like you have been a member for some time now (probably because of Subeta :) )

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy » 03 Dec 2010 07:42 pm

Welcome! I think I included you in Alicorn's card last year, it's good to see you signing up :)

bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain » 03 Dec 2010 08:14 pm

Welcome! It's about time you joined us on NC as well. =)

Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine » 03 Dec 2010 08:34 pm

thanks all, yes I do agree it is high time I had joined you all here ^_^ it is actually thanks to a mindfulness class I am taking. Now when I am nervous I can go to my breath and meditate. Sounds silly to be afraid of people I know to be very kind, understanding, and friendly...but that's me in a nutshell. Overall though I am very excited to be connecting with friends here!!!

Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats » 04 Dec 2010 12:54 am

Glad you made it official, although like Ty said, I think most of us already considered you a favorite member anyway! Now NC is just another place for you to spread your awesomeness.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn » 04 Dec 2010 04:55 am

Ah great, now I can't keep talking smack behind your back. You always ruin my fun! ;p

Heh, serious now. Glad you finally decided to start posting. I hope you enjoy yourself. :3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel

Kantark

Post by Kantark » 05 Dec 2010 01:08 am

Welcome to Neocolours! But you probably don't need to hear this - It looks like you've fitted in nicely already.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark

TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind » 07 Dec 2010 03:44 am

Welcome to the fold. I'm excited to get to know you better. :)
ImageImageImage