Hello :3

New members, post here to introduce yourself!
Kanrina

Hello :3

Post by Kanrina »

My name is Maria and after a long time of watching this site, I decided to join the forums. I have been on Neopets since I was in fourth grade, after my old best friend showed me the site and unknowingly sent me through a journey that I would never forget. I joined the site in December 2004 and remained hooked for such a long time. I lost some friends because of how much I loved it, but I discovered how much better off I am without them. I had a premium account for a little while, have countless Neopets plushies and at least ten of the original magazines. I could go on for a long time but I do not feel the need to. I believe I have become a better person because of Neopets; they have inspired me to become a better writer and I do not know where I would be without it. I took a break from it for the few past years but regret missing out on so much. I believe this to be a new beginning and I hope to be around here for a long time. It is nice to see a forum with such caring people who have the same passion as I do; I hope to see all of you around! :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Hello :3

Post by AngharadTy »

Welcome to NC, Maria!

I still have a Neopets plushie and at least one McD's toy, hehe.
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Welcome Maria! I hope you enjoy posting here.

I'm sure I've still got a 1st-generation Thinkway Toys Scorchio lurking around here somewhere. That's the grand total of my Neo merchandise haul.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hi Maria! If you happen to have the second issue of the magazine, i have a picture in there of what all my pets looked like at that time. And yeah, i know what it's like for people to go "buying for your kids?" or "that stuff's just for kids!" If anyone's so insecure or judgmental that they look down on you for having harmless fun, indeed you're better off without them. People like that bore me anyway, all work (or drinking) and no play....
Kanrina

Post by Kanrina »

Hi! Thank you all for commenting. :) I appreciate it a lot.

To Fjorab_Teke, I only have issues 7 and 11 through 23. I wish I could see your picture, though! I am sure it is wonderful.
You are right that they are probably insecure. I never miss them and now have enough friends who understand me that there is nothing to worry about. Also, the site is actually a lot better as you get older. Anyone who thinks they are too good for it are only missing out. (: