Neocolours Trading Coalition

Forum for adopting out pets. Remember: to keep paintbrush clothing on a pet, you must use the transfer option!
Madge

Neocolours Trading Coalition

Post by Madge »

The coalition can be found at http://www.neopets.com/~Snowager , advertise or peruse it as you wish.

What is it?
Basically, there are LOTS of pets on NC that people zap that are lovely but nobody wants. There are also lots of pet requests that people are not able to have fulfilled because they are just unlucky, and nobody is zapping a particular species. So this will solve both problems: you put pets you zap that nobody on NC wants up for trade through the Coalition, and then you are either helping others get the pets they would like, or doing a gesture of goodwill which will help people get the pets you would like. Alternatively, you can just use this to allow other people to advertise your trades for you, and even track down a person to trade with on your behalf.

How can I put my pet UFT and put my requests up?
To put a pet UFT give me:
Name: (If you don't want the name to be put on the petpage, let me know, but you must include the real name so I can check the pet exists and/or neomail it to people who have good offers)
Species:
Colour:
What type of trade is this for: [Released to All Neocolours Members] or [For my Wishlist Only]
Wishlist:
How you wish to be contacted: [An NC Member PMs you the username of a potential trader] or [An NC member gives your username to the potential trader] or [Your name posted on the site so all offers can be given to you directly]
Other Notes:

Post requests on this thread, species/colour/name please. If you don't include a name format, I'll assume you'll take any name.

A few rules:
  • You are not allowed to request UC pets/krawks/draiks unless you're putting up something impressive or don't mind the name sucking.
  • Please include in your requests species, colour, gender (m/f/either), and name
  • You are welcome to put pets UFT even if you don't want anything in return - you will be awesome.
  • You are welcome to make requests without putting a pet UFT, however I reserve the right not to put up requests that are outlandish or from people who are not what I consider active enough using my own arbitrary definitions.
  • I will keep a record of who trades how many pets for others, and who receives how many pets for themselves. It will be public and on the petpage.
  • It would be helpful but not required if you put UFT by Neocolours Trading Coalition on your pet's lookup and link to the page so that way people will know it is OK.
  • If you want to be an agent, i.e. to have your username on the petpage, post with your neopets username and I'll add it.
  • You can reneg on your desire to trade; i.e. you can put the pet UFA and UFT on Neocolours at the same time, and if somebody requests to adopt it you can remove it from the trading list, that's fine.
  • If you happen to hate a particular member of Neocolours and not want them to benefit from your pets, this is fine also; all trades will be confirmed with the sender of the pet first, and we will not judge you if you decide that.
Post with your thoughts about this system, and also with any pets you have UFT or requests you have.
Last edited by Madge on 25 Nov 2008 04:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rah

Re: Neocolours Trading Coalition

Post by Rah »

Yay! I didn't want to make this because I didn't feel it was my place xD

And I'd love a list like this to refer to because I spend most of my time in the trading boards. It helps to know what other people have and what they want in case I spot something that could help them. For example, yesterday there was a girl trading her UC plushie bori (rareness!) and she wanted UC krawks/draiks - so me (and about 20 other people) all mailed Jessibean immediately about it and a trade was completed! It was awesome.

Personally, there are two trades I wish to make, and one that others can use :)

[Edit]
All pets traded n__n
Last edited by Rah on 11 Mar 2010 03:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Name : Drajion
Species: Ixi
Colour : Unconverted Robot
What type of trade is this for:For pet of similar value
Your requests : Ideally, for this guy, I'd like an UC Faerie Lenny, Tuskaninny, Techo or Grarrl. I know, I'm Picky Mc Picky.
Last edited by Iggy on 20 Nov 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Awww, thanks Madge for getting this sticky up and running. (And Rah for the idea!)

Name : Azhyra
Species: Pteri
Colour: UC Darigan
What type of trade is this for: UC Darigan Aisha/UC Faerie Wocky (For me. Keeping permanantly.) or UC faerie Pteri or UC faerie Lenny (For Larkspurlane). (Both DN and Capitalized. Underscores and a couple numbers okay with me. I will take any of these four that come first)
Your requests : If you do happen to hunt down a UC faerie Pteri or UC faerie Lenny, PM or N/M me ASAP. Make Larkspurlane's dream of owning a faerie bird come true!

Name: Svetlanya
Species: Peophin
Colour: Brown
What type of trade is this for: I consider her to be VWN and a slightly different spelling of the RN, and I know how far that goes, but as far as UC's, I just want something 'cheap/basic' like a UC baby Kougra or UC desert Aisha. (Will keep her faerie Tasu and Glyme attached if I find someone willing to take her for either.)

PM me here or contact me on my main 'everythingnice525'.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

Name: Virginia___
Species: Wocky
Colour: UC Halloween
What type of trade is this for: For pets of similar value
Your Requests: I'd like any other UC pets. I'd especially like an UC Grey Kyrii. I don't care about names.

Thanks for getting this thread started. I think it's a great idea.
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Name: Aenifay
Species: Aisha
Colour: Robot
What type of trade is this for: For pets anybody wants that are of similar value/ Only to a permanent owner
Your Requests: None
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I changed this into a sticky, as I don't remember if posts in this forum still automagically delete themselves after two weeks or not.

If they don't, feel free to unsticky - or not. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

Can I just say...yay? haha.

Name: Irieve
Species: Draik
Colour: Ice
What type of trade is this for:pets of similar value
Your Requests: ANY UC plushie except buzz & bruce, I would highly prefer a well named plushie too. So yeh. Well named UC plush. I'm also interested in UC royal korbats/myncis

Name: ldiom
Species:Lupe
Colour: UC Grey
What type of trade is this for: pet of similar value
Your Requests: I'm looking to trade him for an UC grey kougra/wocky/yurble or for an UC maraquan kau/gelert
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Name: Vira
Species: Ixi
Colour: Unconverted Robot
Your Requests: Unconverted Plushie Kyrii. Must be male and very well named. I'm picky.

I also have Ashlyn, Amelia, and Shumi, mundane zapper pets at the moment, any one of which I will potion into a Krawk/Draik (or any other species + any paintjob under 3mil) for the said UC Plushie Kyrii. It was my last goal on Neopets so I don't mind depleting the last of my stock savings for it.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Holy cow! Thankyou for your interest everybody!

And thank you Kamil for making this sticky ^^

Just one thing, Usulprincess - Svetlanya isn't going to get anything UC unless it is very badly named, as people with UCs are notoriously fussy. For example, I have a UC Tyrannian Bori which I would never trade, but once I saw one UFT and I neomailed the owner asking what offers she was getting because I was curious about the 'value' of my lovely little pet. She said she'd gotten Draiks offered on it. So I'm not sure if it's going to be a good idea to put a cheap WN pet up for UCs, it seems arrogant. But if you are not familiar with the trading boards, it's an easy enough mistake to make. But, yeah, I did say you can only request UC or Draiks if you put a pet up of a similar value, (or, I guess, if somebody else does but isn't interested in something in return for themselves).

I think I will probably add some more rules to the thread as things come up, since we can't expect everybody to have a general instinct about the value of pets - goodness knows I don't know the value of a bunch of pets that people have posted!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Not a problem. Azhyra still can stay up there. :D
ImageImage

Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Name: Arantan
Species: Buzz
Colour: Faerie
What type of trade is this for: I'm really looking for a somewhat nicely named (or better obviously) UC Plushie Buzz. I doubt I'll find it for this pet, but never hurts to ask. Will also take Maraquan Jubjubs, Kyriis, or Kougras.

Name: Wenebb
Species: Ruki
Colour: UC Faerie
What type of trade is this for: I'm really only looking for a somewhat nicely named (or better) UC Plushie Buzz for her. If someone is really interested in getting this pet contact me and we can maybe work something out.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Name: Kailiwani
Species: Pteri
Colour: Unconverted Darigan
What type of trade is this for: This really is a long shot and I doubt anyone would give up either of these pets if they had them, but I'd trade for an unconverted plushie krawk or MSPP. I had both of these pets before the revamp and my daughter converted them while playing on my account (I hadn't known it was so easy to convert pets).
Last edited by PennyLane on 22 Nov 2008 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

PennyLane wrote:This really is a long shot and I doubt anyone would give up either of these pets if they had them, but I'd trade for an unconverted plushie krawk or MSPP. I had both of these pets before the revamp and my daughter converted them while playing on my account (I hadn't known it was so easy to convert pets).
Ugh, I remember that. You have incredible patience. I had intentionally converted my Tyrannian Peophin to the new style. It's not that it's hard to do, but the fact that there's no way to pin it (like the pound). It tells you about 5 or 6 times that you can't undo it. I think your daughter was naturally attracted to the nicest looking pet you had. (Princess_Alysabeth?)
I always wondered was it hard for you to hide being frustrated when it happened?
ImageImage

PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Usul_Princess wrote: Ugh, I remember that. You have incredible patience. I had intentionally converted my Tyrannian Peophin to the new style. It's not that it's hard to do, but the fact that there's no way to pin it (like the pound). It tells you about 5 or 6 times that you can't undo it. I think your daughter was naturally attracted to the nicest looking pet you had. (Princess_Alysabeth?)
I always wondered was it hard for you to hide being frustrated when it happened?
Haha yeah, the plushie krawk was actually named after her. She didn't mean to do anything, she just thought she was playing with them. I should have looked into the convert system before letting her continue to play on my account, but I figured it would be pin protected like everything else. After that I immediately made her an account of her own to play games on. =P I was annoyed but by that point I wasn't as into neopets...after they stopped releasing avatars and then the site revamp I started losing interest. But Seerow told me about this thread last night so I figured it would be worth a shot. These are the only two pets I still want to get. I may offer up other pets to trade sometime, I'm still trying to figure out where I want to go with my accounts now that I'm playing again.